Something totally different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be Ready

Built, Broke, Rebuilt, Repeat...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
I know this is a RC forum but I would like to share with you all something that is totally different. I make custom turkey calls also. I know we have some outdoorsman on here... I hope they will enjoy it. This is a retirement gift I just finished for a longtime friend and manager I’ve worked with for over 25 yrs. at UPS. If this is inappropriate to post feel free to remove it ...
383CEF14-3C21-40E4-8C89-C9F630B3E361.jpeg

Attachments

• B8450433-0FC9-47A9-8B80-8986A6679B08.jpeg
    B8450433-0FC9-47A9-8B80-8986A6679B08.jpeg
    659.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 67918924-604A-4BE2-B6AA-7A74E972232F.jpeg
    67918924-604A-4BE2-B6AA-7A74E972232F.jpeg
    697.5 KB · Views: 36
Hey Man that's nice work!
This is what General Chaos is for, general topics, so don't sweat it lol.
I bough a Turkey box call many years ago, forget the brand but a top brand. Still have it somewhere in orignal box. It's so old the original rubber bands are deteriorated. Probably a collector item, remember seeing some on Ebay years ago for ridiculous prices.

Kentucky huh, bet you would be awesome stilling shine lol!

Wow, that is awesome. How do you burn those images and at the same time add shading? What part of Kentucky are you in? I’m in the northern part.
I’m in Louisville....
Lighter Shading is done at a lower temperature. Darker shading Is done at a higher temperatures. It’s how long you leave the tip on the surface too and Multiple tips are used also.
Hey Man that's nice work!
This is what General Chaos is for, general topics, so don't sweat it lol.
I bough a Turkey box call many years ago, forget the brand but a top brand. Still have it somewhere in orignal box. It's so old the original rubber bands are deteriorated. Probably a collector item, remember seeing some on Ebay years ago for ridiculous prices.
I bet it’s a Lynch box call... Very collectible!

Last edited:
Not inappropriate at all (turkeys are delicious) beautiful craftsmanship, nice of you to make that for him. I bet he will love it.

I’m in Louisville....
Lighter Shading is done at a lower temperature. Darker shading Is done at a higher temperatures. It’s how long you leave the tip on the surface too and Multiple tips are used also.

I bet it’s a Lynch box call... Very collectible!
That's it!

Okay @Be Ready, here comes the dumb city boy question. How does it work? It's a beautiful piece and your attention to detail is pretty amazing. The person who you are giving it to is very lucky. But I'm staring at it and just can't figure out how it does what it's supposed to do.

Okay @Be Ready, here comes the dumb city boy question. How does it work? It's a beautiful piece and your attention to detail is pretty amazing. The person who you are giving it to is very lucky. But I'm staring at it and just can't figure out how it does what it's supposed to do.
Johnny I just tried to upload a sound file and it wouldn’t let me. The top piece of wood is a lid.. You run the lid across the body and it makes the sounds of a hen turkey... PM me your phone number and I’ll send you the file I tried to post... You can hear it for your self.

Google turkey box call it will show ya. Your wife be like wtf is he doing it there
Awesome work. That is a work of art
I know this is a RC forum but I would like to share with you all something that is totally different. I make custom turkey calls also. I know we have some outdoorsman on here... I hope they will enjoy it. This is a retirement gift I just finished for a longtime friend and manager I’ve worked with for over 25 yrs. at UPS. If this is inappropriate to post feel free to remove it ...
View attachment 59540
How would the average joe like me get a hold of one?

Here is one of my great friends and mentor D Marlin Walkins showing you how to run a longbox (boat paddle) turkey call... he’s the modern godfather of turkey call making, a super great guy and one of the biggest turkey thugs you’ll meet... crank up the sound ... Your wife and pets will enjoy this.
Google turkey box call it will show ya. Your wife be like wtf is he doing it there
Awesome work. That is a work of art

How would the average joe like me get a hold of one?
I have a waiting list for calls... but I would be happy to talk to you about one in a PM or the phone. Your welcome to pm me your number if you like...

Here is one of my great friends and mentor D Marlin Walkins showing you how to run a longbox (boat paddle) turkey call... he’s the modern godfather of turkey call making, a super great guy and one of the biggest turkey thugs you’ll meet... crank up the sound ... Your wife and pets will enjoy this.
I have a waiting list for calls... but I would be happy to talk to you about one in a PM or the phone. Your welcome to pm me your number if you like...
It didn't play here, but I checked it out on Youtube. Pretty amazing how simple it is to use and I'm amazed at how good the sound was. Nice to know you have something else you do that you're passionate about, and by the looks of the one you posted, very good at it too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back