Talion Sometimes just need to check yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
I'm 63 years young ,been involved in this addiction for centuries , right now I'm in the middle of bonding a VEKTA5 with a Taylor rc 35cc engine , this is a very expensive project and at this point I'm all in , but !!!!!! Here I am 2 grand into this project , and I lay awake at night designing the arrma talion exb , that thing has some great parts on it , chassis is the main thing Im sold on ,BUT SERIOUSLY FOLLKS , I REALLY NEED TO BE CHECKED !! , I'm fortunate to be able to afford my addiction , but wow ! This is frankly scarlet , bordering on illness levels , so I'm I geuss I'm hoping some or one of you jumps in a makes me aware of the fact that I'm not alone !! ???

I'm 63 years young ,been involved in this addiction for centuries , right now I'm in the middle of bonding a VEKTA5 with a Taylor rc 35cc engine , this is a very expensive project and at this point I'm all in , but !!!!!! Here I am 2 grand into this project , and I lay awake at night designing the arrma talion exb , that thing has some great parts on it , chassis is the main thing Im sold on ,BUT SERIOUSLY FOLLKS , I REALLY NEED TO BE CHECKED !! , I'm fortunate to be able to afford my addiction , but wow ! This is frankly scarlet , bordering on illness levels , so I'm I geuss I'm hoping some or one of you jumps in a makes me aware of the fact that I'm not alone !! ???
Sounds like you’d fit in just fine over here. 😎🤙

Thread '$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rcholics-not-so-anonymous.9815/

I love you guys my wife was a concerned when I bought 5 trucks in 2 years
Happy Homer Simpson GIF

Well ,,,, I geuss I feel better already , that talion is gonna get built to the moon , right out of the box , castle momba black momba tires , vitavon crushlocks , and should be a FREEKN blast !! Can you feel my Idiocracy 😂🤣 YEEEEEHAAAWWW !!!
MT 410 !!!! HELL YA ! DUDE , IVE GOT TEKIN SET UP IN MINE , ITS MY STANDING BACK FLIP HERO !!

I'm spending no where near as much $$ as you guys but I do feel a little guilty about it still. Don't know why, I work hard for the bacon. I could be wasting my money on a lot worse things.

Anyway @RELIC1 you've made me feel better 👍 😆

I have the same problem. When I go to bed I think about what’s next, what needs to be fixed, how can I fix it, what can I improve, etc. Then I wake up and check tracking numbers. :LOL: I’m kinda OCD so I tend to overthink things. My wife doesn’t care to a point. It keeps me busy. I spend time with the kids doing something we like. Could be worse. At least it’s a healthy hobby and not a meth habit or something.
I've spent $9k on this hobby since December and am about to drop another $800...
$800k? Nice budget!!!:p:ROFLMAO:

Brother you not alone, I spend over 4 grand in the last 8 weeks :oops:
and that's just Amazon 🥶

Attachments

• 2022-02-07_210035.jpg
    2022-02-07_210035.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 55
Thanks to the pandemic, my RC addiction started in March of 2020 at the age of 70. Like you, I can afford the addiction: since March of 2020, I've purchased fourteen RC vehicles, including five crawlers, a rock racer, a desert racer, three road cars, three bashers, and a no-prep drag racer. Every one of them has been upgraded, and in some cases the cost of the upgrades has nearly equaled the cost of the basic vehicle. As long as I can afford it, the RC addiction will continue.

Yeah its an expensive hobby. Spend where you can. We all have different wallets and priorities in life.
I started many years ago, When RC was just starting to boom at the Track. Back then it was truly more expensive. Fewer brands and options to buy. So all was way more expensive relatively speaking with inflation and all.
I can say that RC kept me out of the fast lane and off the streets, where many of my cohorts ended up. The Track allowed me to meet new friends with similar interests. I was the young kid at the track back then. Building rigs was a very serious thing. All were in kit form only.
Today, you can start out inexpensive in RC by comparison. Radios were very expensive. ESC's and servos and batteries, as well back then.
A Brushed 7.2 volt Tekin ESC cost $200. back then in 1990. A Tekin fast charger was $250. Nicads were $75 for the good stuff. Rigs only ran for 5-8 minutes if you were lucky. Races were 5 min long. So you couldn't buy cheap batteries. Or you would Not Finish a race. Very embarrassing and frustrating at the track if that happened.

Last edited:
Oh it's certainly an addiction. I have an Arrma Typhon 6s, an Arrma Talion 6s blx EXB, and my wife has an Arrma Kraton 6s blx. It's definitely an expensive hobby. But fun.

Your Not Alone At All..

Got into this 3 weeks ago. Spent $400 on a Vorteks and then immediately spent another $400 on sensored esc/motor and servo just because I "wanted to check it out."

Yes, stay in your means but life is short. There are far worse and more expensive things we could be spending money on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back