Talion Sometimes just need to check yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a year or so to stop you from buying stuff...

Loco Maniatico GIF by Dominicana's Got Talent

I sold all of my cars a few years back, but then I was bored at home after back surgery so my wife got me kit to build (she fully supports and funds my obsession) and it took off from there. 14 cars in the last couple if years. Some new, some used, some just buckets full of broken parts. This hobby is like my therapy. I just go spend some time in the garage or the local rc park to take my mind off of the negative things.

I estimate I’ve spent £6-£7k on RC cars and planes since March 2020.

Got a young family so hardly go out anymore, my other passion is football and got a season ticket at Arsenal, but other than that I don’t have much other free time to go out and get wasted like I used to. Drinking days are mostly gone and I’d rather spend my cash on something more productive.

Always been fascinated with how things work so this hobby is right up my street.

If you can afford it and you are having fun, just keep having fun. Me, retired, and my son in his 20's just spent more than $1k on a new 1/10 4 wheel racing buggy to add to our 2 wheel car for indoor racing. We can afford that much, cringe at prices sometimes, but both having fun building, repairing, upgrading and racing them. We also have an Arrma 3s Typhoon for bashing during the summer as well. Plenty of fun but we always break things when we go to crazy. Again having fun so not going to stop.

If you can afford it and you are having fun, just keep having fun. Me, retired, and my son in his 20's just spent more than $1k on a new 1/10 4 wheel racing buggy to add to our 2 wheel car for indoor racing. We can afford that much, cringe at prices sometimes, but both having fun building, repairing, upgrading and racing them. We also have an Arrma 3s Typhoon for bashing during the summer as well. Plenty of fun but we always break things when we go to crazy. Again having fun so not going to stop.
My RC addiction (14 vehicles in two years) is one reason I choose not to retire. I have the type of job where I telework exclusively from home: it's good money, and it's not stressful, so I'll keep working as long as I can.

I actually retired , then the big cancer battle , I then was rewarded disability , I pay my bills with that and I work side jobs to afford my addiction , problem is , people that actually are willing to work from the shoulders down are getting rare so my side job the ed into almost full time , and $32 a hour practically , so now I'm stuck working to much , but I have a brand new VEKTA5 on my bench awaiting the creation of the Taylor rc 35 , it's absugulooooly the best incentive program that I can think of , I've been ordering parts and the Talion also !!! WEEEEEHAAAAAW !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back