Talion Sometimes just need to check yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 63 years young ,been involved in this addiction for centuries , right now I'm in the middle of bonding a VEKTA5 with a Taylor rc 35cc engine , this is a very expensive project and at this point I'm all in , but !!!!!! Here I am 2 grand into this project , and I lay awake at night designing the arrma talion exb , that thing has some great parts on it , chassis is the main thing Im sold on ,BUT SERIOUSLY FOLLKS , I REALLY NEED TO BE CHECKED !! , I'm fortunate to be able to afford my addiction , but wow ! This is frankly scarlet , bordering on illness levels , so I'm I geuss I'm hoping some or one of you jumps in a makes me aware of the fact that I'm not alone !! ???

The Talion way is the only way for me currently.

I think it's the most underrated Arrma RC or any brand for that matter. It's just a high performance Kraton.

Don't hold back, life's too short 😂

Screenshot_20220208-002618.jpg

Screenshot_20220208-002658.jpg

My goal is not to need to have to rent a storage unit for my RC stuff and not to purchase on credit. This is keeping me out of trouble for now but I’m almost out of space for my RC stuff in my basement. I average two new vehicles a year. So far and I’ve been in this hobby for about ten years now. At this point I don’t know if I have a Hobby, A habit, or an. Addiction. ( I have 15 hobby grade RC vehicles and 5 drones 10 years in)

O. K. , I feel much better rrrr aaaaaa regular ? If you guys get anywhere near my peramitah , the good ol spoklahoma Washington look me up , also. , You guys need to or just prolly will engage in the world of 5 scale gas powered , mud slingn raminator or VEKTA5 or losi 5t , this stuff is unbelievable , what they do to a weed Wacker engine is insane !!
Hey infadel , go for the talion , that thing has some great parts on it , chassis , towers , steering rt , servo and braces are all 7075 aluminum , the servo in it is awesome , I find the felony kinda boaring , but it's cool

It's so hard for me to support my hobby since it's super hard for me to get money, so I usually get 1 RC a year, the Hobao Hyper SS is the next RC I'm saving up for, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to afford nitro fuel.
So have fun with what you got :)
You'll have all the RC's you want at some point(y)

My goal is not to need to have to rent a storage unit for my RC stuff and not to purchase on credit. This is keeping me out of trouble for now but I’m almost out of space for my RC stuff in my basement. I average two new vehicles a year. So far and I’ve been in this hobby for about ten years now. At this point I don’t know if I have a Hobby, A habit, or an. Addiction. ( I have 15 hobby grade RC vehicles and 5 drones 10 years in)
20 rigs in 35 years. Only tossed 2 Redcats in the trash. Hated them, Not worthy of my collection. The rest I have always kept never sold one or gave any away. Many Vintage rigs in there now. Ran out of space a long time ago. Ends up that much of the support gear and bins of parts, 100 plus wheels, spare bodies, etc. takes up much space. I even made one additional Arrma rig out of the many spare Take-Off parts I had in my bins. I took inventory one day organizing my bins to reduce clutter and realized I could make another rig.
I have made my New Year resolution to not buy another rig. I will try my best to hold fast on it.:p
There are many new Arrma rigs out there. But after having 7 Arrma 6s rigs , you realize they are just a variation/spin off from Arrma's parts bin with different bodies and wheels. What I have now in Arrma rigs covers me just fine at this time. For the many newcomers out there, the selection is big. And for those that just keep getting/wanting that next Arrma release, just because it is that next new one out there, well that is a personal call. (y) If you think like this, you will be needing much room and a large wallet.:whistle: There will always be a new Arrma release. You will never catch up.
I can't justify buying that next newly released Arrma rig just because.......... I like other brands as well. Tekno being my Fav.
I passed some rigs onto my 12 yo son, who is into RC. That helps me out.:LOL:
They will all be his at some point anyway.;)

Last edited:
And for those that just keep getting/wanting that next Arrma release, just because it is that next new one out there, well that is a personal call. (y)
I agree, in my case I would like some of the older ones before I would jump on to the Black Ops one, it's not high on my list, not hating just being honest.

20 rigs in 35 years. Only tossed 2 Redcats in the trash. Hated them, Not worthy of my collection. The rest I have always kept never sold one or gave any away. Many Vintage rigs in there now. Ran out of space a long time ago. Ends up that much of the support gear and bins of parts, 100 plus wheels, spare bodies, etc. takes up much space. I even made one additional Arrma rig out of the many spare Take-Off parts I had in my bins. I took inventory one day organizing my bins to reduce clutter and realized I could make another rig.
I have made my New Year resolution to not buy another rig. I will try my best to hold fast on it.:p
There are many new Arrma rigs out there. But after having 7 Arrma 6s rigs , you realize they are just a variation/spin off from Arrma's parts bin with different bodies and wheels. What I have now in Arrma rigs covers me just fine at this time. For the many newcomers out there, the selection is big. And for those that just keep getting/wanting that next Arrma release, just because it is that next new one out there, well that is a personal call. (y) If you think like this, you will be needing much room and a large wallet.:whistle:
I can't justify buying that next newly released Arrma rig just because.......... I like other brands as well. Tekno being my Fav.
I passed some rigs onto my 12 yo son, who is into RC. That helps me out.:LOL:
They will all be his at some point anyway.;)
Hey without us old farts buying up all the stock there wouldn't be half an industry catering to the kids who can barely afford it.

And i agree all the 6s Arrmas anyway seem to be just slight variations of the same. That's why I picked Talion, seems to be the best Arrma has to offer.

I don't do onroad anymore, I learned my lesson. Too restrictive and insanely difficult at high speeds.

I don't do gas anymore because I'm tired of people hassling me about the noise and smoke

But now with my 6s electric Talion I can go anywhere from off road to on. Up and down obstacles, gravel roads, dirt paths. From track to park with only tire change and everyone just sits and watches in amazement. Not one complaint yet.

Truly one RC to do it all (is the dream anyway)

No poop ! , THIs is all very true , my ups driver hates me cuz some how my dog knows when he's coming , 😂🤣😅 , this thread just took off ! , But how many of you have a dog that is aware of there problem 😂🤣😅 ,You guys really make me feel at home , thanks for that , but I gotta throw this in , who's got a wife that would allow a raminator in the living room cuz it don't fit through doorways ! L.M.A.O. !!! BUT I LOVE HER FOR IT !

No poop ! , THIs is all very true , my ups driver hates me cuz some how my dog knows when he's coming , 😂🤣😅 , this thread just took off ! , But how many of you have a dog that is aware of there problem 😂🤣😅 ,You guys really make me feel at home , thanks for that , but I gotta throw this in , who's got a wife that would allow a raminator in the living room cuz it don't fit through doorways ! L.M.A.O. !!! BUT I LOVE HER FOR IT !
Just ask my wife and she said she probably would let me as long as the mess is contained!

Score! 😂

Well now that I found the comfort zone ,,,, not even kidding , the Talion is on its way !!! 🤣😂😅 ,,,, YEEEEEHAAAAAWWW !!! OOOOOOH BOOOOOYEEEEEEE !!! how's that go ? Everyday is like Christmas !!!!
Attaboy! 😎

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back