Kraton Sooo. 6s kraton vs notorious vs otheres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day i plan on getting a 6s 1/8th unit. Looking at kraton, notorious, rival mt8 and redcat kaiju ext. I don't bash hard, mostly play in my yard/field hitting small jumps. The way i look at the kraton vs notorious is how i look at my big rock vs rival mt10. On 2s they are both fun, on 3s the rival turns into a handfull, hard to control wheelies to easy flips ect. Where the longer bigrock stays more planted and is more enjoyable to run in 3s. I am more interested in somthing that stays planted and i can open up, but still hit jumps and wheelie. The mt8 looks short like the notorious. The kaiju ext looks good but just not sure about durability and parts availibility. Lmk
Please skip the Redcat Kaiju. (n) I suggest you serach for the Kaiju Thread here if you are considering it.:rolleyes: Not durable. Horrible. Had other Rcats before . Stay away. The only brand of Rig I ever literally tossed in the trash within 2 years. I was sick of that garbage. And I still own every other RC rig going back to the late 80's.
You are coming from Arrma 4x4 rigs for the most part. The RTR 6s Kraton will fit the bill. Will round out your collection well. You can run it on 4s or even 3s if you so desire, until you get used to the power. Kraton EXB roller ((best bang for the buck) is also another option if you want to use better electrics. Skipping the subpar Spektrum stuff included with the RTR Kraton.
Good luck.
:cool:

Please skip the Redcat Kaiju. (n) I suggest you serach for the Kaiju Thread here if you are considering it.:rolleyes: Not durable. Horrible. Had other Rcats before . Stay away. The only brand of Rig I ever literally tossed in the trash within 2 years. I was sick of that garbage. And I still own every other RC rig going back to the late 80's.
You are coming from Arrma 4x4 rigs for the most part. The RTR 6s Kraton will fit the bill. Will round out your collection well. You can run it on 4s or even 3s if you so desire, until you get used to the power. Kraton EXB roller ((best bang for the buck) is also another option if you want to use better electrics. Skipping the subpar Spektrum stuff included with the RTR Kraton.
Good luck.
Problem with that is , i have no idea what esc or motors or servos to buy

All that info is here on AF. Many prices and options to choose from.
If it were me Building an EXB Kraton roller currently, with a conservative budget, off the top of my head,
I would get a DS3235 35 Kg servo $34. AMZ
Need an Arrma 25 spline servo arm for this servo. $18.
Need a 15T-16T Mod 1 Pinion gear. ( JennysRC has them dirt cheap) Maybe $3.-$4. for 2 Pinions.
A HW Max 8 Combo motor/ESC. (avoid Spektrum ESC's) A Spektrum 2050 kv Motor is fine(y), and all I would consider to save more coin from JennysRC.
(2) 6s lipos. Many brands and prices to choose from. I imagine you already have a Lipo charger.(y) You can even run 3s or 4s if you want. Or 2 x 3s lipos in series (equals 6s)
Get a Radiolink RC4GS radio. $60. AMZ. ( again avoiding any Spektrum radio)
The Kraton EXB roller comes with all the alloy upgrades out the box. Well worth it, over getting them separately for a RTR 6s Kraton for instance.
Just some ideas.

Last edited:
If it were me Building an EXB Kraton roller currently, with a conservative budget, off the top of my head,
Need a 15T-16T Mod 1 Pinion gear. ( JennysRC has them dirt cheap) Maybe $3.-$4. for 2 Pinions.
A HW Max 8 Combo motor/ESC. (avoid Spektrum ESC's) A Spektrum 2050 kv Motor is fine(y), and all I would consider to save more coin from JennysRC.
(2) 6s lipos. Many brands and prices to choose from. I imagine you already have a Lipo charger.(y) You can even run 3s or 4s if you want. Or 2 x 3s lipos in series (equals 6s)
The Kraton EXB roller comes with all the alloy upgrades out the box. Well worth it, over getting them separately for a RTR 6s Kraton for instance.
Just some ideas.
The Zooskay version currently comes with an aluminum 25t servo horn fyi 👍

That nice alloy clamping arm that comes with all the DS3235 servos, ( some sellers will even give you 2 of them)
is not a good fit at all for any of the 6s rigs. IMHO. I don't use them. Not the proper 19mm length (eye to eye) and the profile is wrong. I rather use the Arrma 25 spline servo horns on all my 6s rigs. Yes they are $18. each. But they are strong and I never stripped or broken one. Designed for 6s rigs. It is unique in its shape, size and profile.
Some try to make the clamping ones work. It simply alters the intended setup. Even with Shimming etc , is not correct. Keeping the link level is key.
I Run DS3235 in all my 6s rigs. 8 in all.
Just that I use/save the included clamping horns for my other rigs, Crawlers etc.

Just me.:cool:

Was looking at the kraton hard today while at the shop getting a servo horn. Almost came home with me

Thought i had it norrowed down to the kraton, but this semi local add has me wanting to get it.. big turn off on the corrally stuff to me is lack of local parts and support.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1674076579637652/?ref=facebook_story_share
Corally parts support locally may be an issue, but they are readily available in the US from RC Hobby Explosion. They have an extensive inventory of Corally parts, and I normally get parts in three to four days.

Corally parts support locally may be an issue, but they are readily available in the US from RC Hobby Explosion. They have an extensive inventory of Corally parts, and I normally get parts in three to four days.
My local hobby shop is about a 25minute drive they are a horizon hobby shop so there inventory of arrma parts is awsome. I like being able to drive right there and get what i need that same day

My local hobby shop is about a 25minute drive they are a horizon hobby shop so there inventory of arrma parts is awsome. I like being able to drive right there and get what i need that same day
My RC shop is about 15 minutes away, and they are both an Arrma and Traxxas Premium Dealer.

The Corally vehicles are pretty durable, and I don't expect to have to buy a lot of parts for mine. I've already upgraded things like chassis braces, shock towers, hinge pin mounts, and the steering deck to Team Corally Tuning 7075 T6 parts, and I'm seriously considering installing a Corally 7075 T6 chassis plate. That is the one thing Corally has over Arrma Corally has a complete line of factory 7075 parts available - there is no need for aftermarket parts. If I were a real heavy basher I would probably keep things like suspension arms on hand so I don't have to wait for them if one breaks.

11 acres, huh?
Talion, kraton, mo-jave all have appeal.
Having a kraton- but not sending it- seems criminal to me.
I'd push for the talion first. They're screamers, and handle rough terrain pretty well.
The mo-jave handles rough terrain the best in my experience, but they're heavy, and require a good servo ($100+).
Longer wheelbase is always more fun on big fields.

I would go with a Corally over an Arrma if i had to choose 1…. Love my Arrmas but not like i do my Shogun… My next purchase will be a 22’ XTR. From my experiences they are superior to a Kraton

Just some ideas.
Whats wrong with spektrums escm its basicly the same as the hobbywing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back