Sounds like a nitro - why is my brushless RC sounding like this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I can't see any bent driveshafts. Gear mesh seems fine. Motor bearing seems fine. Nothings wobbling that I can tell. Spur assembly is shimmed to keep it in place. Other than maybe some drag, it drives fine, still good on power.

Maybe a bad bearing in the drivetrain that's causing a vibration? It seems to have gotten worse over time.

Maybe busted some teeth on the spur or diff gears……..just a guess. It does not sound very happy.

No clicking, and the front diff was just rebuilt (same noise before and after). So maybe the rear diff. Hmm, didn't think about the gear teeth...

Coincidently, at high rpms running passes on the street it actually sounds pretty wicked.

No clicking, and the front diff was just rebuilt (same noise before and after). So maybe the rear diff. Hmm, didn't think about the gear teeth...

Coincidently, at high rpms running passes on the street it actually sounds pretty wicked.
I know what you mean. I had a blown outdrive bearing and it would sound awesome at high speed but made me cringe at low speeds.:ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back