Spacemouse for 3D printing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Alright @Camaroboy383 i just checked out your thingiverse page and man, nice work brother. What kind of printer do you have and how much are they. What’s the Z stroke? Looks like it’s 18” or something which is insane! I want in on this stuff!

Any of you guys use a Space Pilot or Spaceball? If you haven’t and you are serious about 3D modeling I HIGHLY recommend buying one. It’s like holding the part in your hand. You’ll never use the mouse to rotate, pan and zoom again.

https://www.3dconnexion.com/spacemouse_pro/en/

D41E4238-FF1D-4B71-81F0-6BB07827302A.jpeg

Last edited:
@MaddogMikeD we kinda hijacked the thread so I asked the forum moderators to move us.

I hear ya man, I started on NX2 and caught on pretty quick so they put me on the NX and Teamcenter support team which I hated. Ended up leaving and have been at my current job for th past 12 years as of the 28th of January.

Edit - I hijacked the thread, not we lol

UGH! TC sucks... used it for GM and Ford. GM was much better format. Used NX, Catia 4 & 5, Ideas (way back) and I am currently on SilidWorks. By far my favorite CAD software.

I’m with ya on TC. Too many rules and stupid naming conventions to follow. Workflow manager sucks and is too cumbersome. I’ve used every NX version from NX2 to present and SolidEdge ST2 to 2019. I used NX for about 8 years for GE and have been on SolidEdge for 7 since switching to mechanical systems and machinery design within the company. There are some things I miss from NX but every now and again I will jump in native NX and do something SE can’t and then export to SE and use Synchronous from there. Synchronous is nice but it was never meant to replace ordered or timestap mode. There are guys here that model in nothing but synchronous and their models are jacked up. Like .001” off here and there or wierd angles from dragging the faces around. It’s infuriating when trying to use their parts in an assembly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back