Spare Diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I am wondering how many people, if any, keep full spare diffs around. I have not had the need to rebuild mine yet and have never done it yet. I was thinking of buying new ones and swapping them out then rebuilding, shimming and changing the fluids.

The main reason is just cause of how busy I am. I do not know how long the rebuilding takes and I never have a good 3-4 hours at a time to just sit down and do something. It is more like 30 minutes hear and there.

Considering how many I've been through in my outcast 6s (6 in 1.5 years), I tend to keep a complete diff on hand. I haven't really had issues with my center diff, only the front/rear ring/pinion and the occasional cracked bulkhead, so getting a front or rear complete bulkhead/diff from jenny's is what I usually keep on hand.

Makes me think... not sure I have a spare at the moment.

For the Infraction, I have 2 complete f/r sets. For the 3/4s family, 2 complete diff and pinion rotating assemblies. For the Nero-family, I have 4 pairs of complete front and rear and 2 complete transmissions (new pinions and crown gears... diff cups... all new in bags too).

I’m beginning to think that I might have an addiction. Maybe? Hmmm... nah.

I have a single 6s truck and keep one complete f/r diff from Jennys. Bought it before I had kit breakers closer to me in Europe. It's a good thing to have and you can always sell it...

Ok thanks guys. Seems like a good investment. I will pick some up.

Question: We have a V4 Kraton, V4 Typhon and a Granite 3S BLX. Are they all different F/R diffs? Or by having 1 front and one rear would I cover all 3 cars?

All different. 3s line is totally different I think, and the Kraton and Typhon have different ring and pinion... You can still swap the cases, outdrives and internals between the 6s models.

Last edited:
Ok thanks guys. Seems like a good investment. I will pick some up.

Question: We have a V4 Kraton, V4 Typhon and a Granite 3S BLX. Are they all different F/R diffs? Or by having 1 front and one rear would I cover all 3 cars?
Your going to have to get a spare for each to have on hand as they all differ. The 3S/4S trucks all run plastic ring/pinion, the typhon 6S runs straight cut steel ring/pinion, the 6S kraton, outcast, notorious, talion run spiral cut ring/pinion. I think the mojave also runs straight cut gears like the typhon. The 8S kraton is a whole other level as to what it uses.

Make sure when you buy what you buy that you get the right stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back