Kraton Spare parts.....build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Va-jeeper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 6s
So have you ever looked to see what spare parts you have? Last Friday I was repairing a friend's Talion and I noticed I have a ton of spare parts. I usually pick up spare parts off of fleabay when I find them cheap. I started seeing what I actually had and I noticed I was a front and rear diff short of another trunk! LOL! So I couldn't resist. I ordered a couple off diffs and put a SWB Kraton together. I really wish Arrma would make kits. It was so much fun assembling the truck from scratch.
So here is what i ended up diong. I had a set of Fast Eddy bearing and Mugen shims that were planned for another Kraton that I decided to go ahead a put in this truck. I used 50k/100k/20k for my diffs. I made a tower to Tower brace from an old Jeep soft top frame. Lol. I used a Thunder Tiger wheelie bar with a broken V1 wing mount to mount it. HA! I am currently looking for some cones to attach to the wheelie bar arms to simulate exhaust pipes. The body needed support so I stack 2 Kraton towers together to support it. This is temporary until I can figure something better out. I used some backflips for shoes. And rounded off the whole look with a Senton front bumper. I will probably look for some round off road LED lights to mount to the front bumper.
I got a chance to run it today and it worked flawlessly. I'm running it with a 12T pinion and 2 SMC 7200 90c batteries. I'm loving it!

Attachments

• 20170204_140140.jpg
    20170204_140140.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20170207_002225.jpg
    20170207_002225.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20170207_132914.jpg
    20170207_132914.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20170207_132925.jpg
    20170207_132925.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 56
  • 20170207_132935.jpg
    20170207_132935.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20170207_142844.jpg
    20170207_142844.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 62
So have you ever looked to see what spare parts you have? Last Friday I was repairing a friend's Talion and I noticed I have a ton of spare parts. I usually pick up spare parts off of fleabay when I find them cheap. I started seeing what I actually had and I noticed I was a front and rear diff short of another trunk! LOL! So I couldn't resist. I ordered a couple off diffs and put a SWB Kraton together. I really wish Arrma would make kits. It was so much fun assembling the truck from scratch.
So here is what i ended up diong. I had a set of Fast Eddy bearing and Mugen shims that were planned for another Kraton that I decided to go ahead a put in this truck. I used 50k/100k/20k for my diffs. I made a tower to Tower brace from an old Jeep soft top frame. Lol. I used a Thunder Tiger wheelie bar with a broken V1 wing mount to mount it. HA! I am currently looking for some cones to attach to the wheelie bar arms to simulate exhaust pipes. The body needed support so I stack 2 Kraton towers together to support it. This is temporary until I can figure something better out. I used some backflips for shoes. And rounded off the whole look with a Senton front bumper. I will probably look for some round off road LED lights to mount to the front bumper.
I got a chance to run it today and it worked flawlessly. I'm running it with a 12T pinion and 2 SMC 7200 90c batteries. I'm loving it!
Va-jeeper that body looks friggin sweet!!! Great job, very satisfying and fun to build your own creation. I like your body brace idea. Bumper and wheelie bar look great, too. I've always loved the bug look. Nice work.

Thanks guys! It was so much fun putting it together. RTR's are great but there is nothing like building yourself. I really wish Arrma would put out a kit. Maybe have some of the aluminum upgrades like the brace supports, center diff mount, aluminum servo mount....basically some of the upgrade many of us are doing.

I don't know what it is but I love the bug bodies too. I have an axial yeti that I built and used a bug body for it too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back