Granite Spare parts for Arrma Granite V3 BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam1234

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My Arrma has problems from time to time and waiting for the replacement part to arrive takes time etc.. So what parts should i order and have ready to repair for my rc in order to not have to wait every time something breaks? Thanks

What parts are you breaking lol? Get those.

JennysRC.com has a bunch of cheap replacement parts USUALLY available right away.

If it's electronics and you are still in warranty, get a hold of Horizon and file a claim. The last claim I filed took 2 days and they shipped me out 3 items for 2 different rigs. Super easy, super fast.

As said above depends what your breaking. Some good spares to have IMO would be A arms, if you run plastic spur a couple of those, if you run stock shocks get some shock shafts, definitely good idea to have some bearings and also driveshafts. Not too often you break more than those things unless it's a major crash head on into something solid at high speed.

Yea I should have been more specific lol
I've had my steering link snap so thats a cheap good part to have a spare of
Eventually you might strip an Input gear and also a differential so get spares of those
Having a spare servo is good
You might lose a wheel and lose the nut so figuring out the right size nut is good and buy a set of those
Tie rod ends
I don't know how long you've had it but replacing the motor bearings from stock, I would say, is basically essential. The stock bearings are CRAP. Get some nice TRB rubber shielded bearings 5x13x4 and 5x16x5
Front hubs and steering knuckles, turnbuckles, stub axles, diff input gears, hell I have a little bit of just about everything. I probably have enough parts to build another rig, including the electronics.
Same here. I have 2 extra escs and 2 extra motors for my two 3s rigs haha and a ton of other parts I've been collecting over the past few months. Driving habits and skills also help a ton! Learning how to bash and correct in the air from jumping is essential to making your rigs last

Get some nice TRB rubber shielded bearings 5x13x4 and 5x16x5
Hey…Do the newer motors have one size bearings? Something I thought I’ve heard before. Got a vorteks coming in today so am wondering. Thanks!

Hey…Do the newer motors have one size bearings? Something I thought I’ve heard before. Got a vorteks coming in today so am wondering. Thanks!
No the OLDER v1 motors had one size haha The sizes I gave are the 2 sizes the motor has 👍

Attachments

• 7DAC4033-C5FB-40E5-BFDF-EF88BAC7400E.png
    7DAC4033-C5FB-40E5-BFDF-EF88BAC7400E.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 35
Gonna replace the bearing in my big rock v3. Same sizes?
Yes same sizes for all v3 models with the Spektrum 3200kv. They were actually the same sizes for my 6s rigs with the 2050kv motor as well.
Thank you!!

These two, right? The new motor does not have a flanged bearing does it?Again thank you very much!
Those will work but I would recommend rubber shielded to keep the dirt out of the bearings which is what causes them to explode in the first place haha Obviously the TRB ones are better quality so they may not explode but I would just rather go with rubber shielded. Just my .02
And guys, this thread has some amazing info on what you can do to avoid dirt getting into the motor housing and the housing itself! Read up it's a good one!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/

Yes same sizes for all v3 models with the Spektrum 3200kv. They were actually the same sizes for my 6s rigs with the 2050kv motor as well.

Those will work but I would recommend rubber shielded to keep the dirt out of the bearings which is what causes them to explode in the first place haha Obviously the TRB ones are better quality so they may not explode but I would just rather go with rubber shielded. Just my .02
And guys, this thread has some amazing info on what you can do to avoid dirt getting into the motor housing and the housing itself! Read up it's a good one!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/
The rubber on rubber shielded bearings might not stand up to the heat generated by a brushless motor, and that is why the use of steel-shielded bearings in motors is recommended.

The rubber on rubber shielded bearings might not stand up to the heat generated by a brushless motor, and that is why the use of steel-shielded bearings in motors is recommended.
Yup I was thinking that. Being designated motor bearings taking heat… the metal shielding makes sense. Thanks!

The rubber shielded bearings are rated to 225 degrees. By the time you get to that temp, you'll have to worry about the magnets melting than the bearing lol I've been running the rubber shielded without issue for over 4 months now, even hit temps of 185 on my typhon. Now obviously I'm only 1 guy so whatever makes you feel more comfortable, go with that :)

The rubber shielded bearings are rated to 225 degrees. By the time you get to that temp, you'll have to worry about the magnets melting than the bearing lol I've been running the rubber shielded without issue for over 4 months now, even hit temps of 185 on my typhon. Now obviously I'm only 1 guy so whatever makes you feel more comfortable, go with that :)
yes, you have knowledge I don’t because I haven’t gone that far down the rabbit hole yet, my friend. By years end yup…But right now I’m just getting to know the 3S line in and out. Love my new vorteks and the slow process of upgrading my mega granite to 3S is fun as well. Thanks!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back