Typhon Spare parts dual motor street build Kraton/Typhon/Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Well beings no one wanted the scraps of my Kraton 6s EXB I decided to take this

BF68CF8F-1CC8-4DCC-A5E9-6AC3C09F88E9.jpeg

And make this!

A09EA7E6-A37C-42A1-95DA-D5D7D569AF2E.jpeg

6B5F2F47-5641-4318-A8F5-FD774B57E11F.jpeg

Currently it’s a Kraton EXB chassis with Typhon front, rear and center diffs and Limitless arms, hubs and towers.

Pretty much as far as I can go until I can scrounge up some more parts. The front upper suspension pins I have are for an EXB so I will need to order the correct ones for a Typhon.

Still need to find the following, if anyone sees something I’m missing, or a suggestion for something else, fire away:

Motor/center diff mount (Probably go with a stock one to start for the cost factor)
Limitless shocks
Limitless axles
Power system (Leaning towards a MMX8s but would like suggestions on the motor)
Servo (Zoskay 35kg)
Body (probably a custom painted Typhon and one of the blue stock Typhon bodies)
Receiver to go with my RC6GS
Body post extenders (Not sure what length is needed for one of these stretched Typhons)
Grps (probably going to go with the s7s)

Just looking for a fun on road basher to run on 6s. I probably won’t be trying to break any speed run records.

8s mmx 1650 combo
infraction 46t spur
12v 40mm aluminum fan (powered by 3s mini lipo)

Tekno nb
Pro-line axis
Xray body's also fit which i own all 3

Body post extenders not needed use m3 dual lock velcro in 4 corners boom all done.

Check my build to see what i did

8s mmx 1650 combo
infraction 46t spur
12v 40mm aluminum fan (powered by 3s mini lipo)

Tekno nb
Pro-line axis
Xray body's also fit which i own all 3

Body post extenders not needed use m3 dual lock velcro in 4 corners boom all done.

Check my build to see what i did

Daaaang yours is way done up! I was only planning to run 6s, is the 1650 still a good choice? Body wise, I wanted to stay with the factory style Typhon, which is why I figured I needed the body mount extenders.

Daaaang yours is way done up! I was only planning to run 6s, is the 1650 still a good choice? Body wise, I wanted to stay with the factory style Typhon, which is why I figured I needed the body mount extenders.
castle 2200 6s combo with 46t spur is a legit set up also but 1650 is also great for what you want to do now and letter. I ran 2200 that set up also i just like super upgrading everything as you can see
Either way 1650 on 8s or 6s can be fast just get that infraction 46t spur helos control temps and up pinion size

I personally like the look of the extenders so that's why I love them. You need 53mm extenders and it'll be perfect

I didn’t want to sound like a nerd and say it, but yeah I think they look pretty badass, part of my reasoning for wanting them.

I have these 55mm braided ones its raised up from stock to clear all the extra stuff i had going on underneath but you can buy new set of post and it will have stock look again

I don't plan on using them since i use m3 on all bodys i use

image.jpg

I have these 55mm braided ones its raised up from stock to clear all the extra stuff i had going on underneath but you can buy new set of post and it will have stock look again

I don't plan on using them since i use m3 on all bodys i use

image.jpg
I can strip it down

I didn’t want to sound like a nerd and say it, but yeah I think they look pretty badass, part of my reasoning for wanting them.
No no lol they are very much badass! I have a Mojave chassis typhon that has 2 of the 53mm posts to reach the body. I used a body post instead of the stock typhon mounts because 2 of the 53mm was a little too long. Not the best pictures to show them but you can see them decently.

11C14B81-B4A1-4E86-9615-6348117346B5.jpeg
7257BA26-E640-417A-9FF1-810399403658.jpeg

Getting closer to a roller. Front and rear drive shafts and hubs installed. Motor mount and center diff installed. Got the correct front upper hinge pins so that is done. I think I stripped one of the steering posts so I will need to order some spares. I already patented the custom race stand, so don’t waste your time.

93030FD5-15D7-4CF5-9E56-8E783FA68C03.jpeg

I’m the spirit of keep this on the cheap, and beings I don’t have any aspirations of breaking records, I’m looking for a take out spektrum 150a combo to plug in this and have some fun. If I turn into Maverick and really get the need for speed with it, I’ll upgrade later. Unless anyone thinks I’m really missing out?

Spektrum motor and esc incoming. Already kind of regretting that decision, but we will see where it ends up. Body and hot racing 53mm stand offs showed up. Standoffs are at least 9mm too long for my application. Going to try and cut them down to salvage them, but I may end up just ordering 45mm standoffs instead. Still need to order a servo, shocks and some wheels. I’ve been leaning towards the GRP s7 set up, but I really want to slide around with it and I’m starting to get the feeling with a stock power system they aren’t going to allow me much slide.

Thanks to a few members on here I have a spektrum 150a esc and stock motor to start with. Also got a radio link receiver to pair with the RC6GS that will be shared with my K8SEXB build.

D5B3147D-0687-492D-B59B-A6DEB6EB1537.jpeg

Ordered a set of 45mm standoffs to extend the body mounts and they worked perfect. Everyone seems to be having luck with the 53mm hot racing stand offs so I’m assuming the issue is me using Kraton body mounts. The hot racing stand offs are definitely beefier, so I will probably switch to Typhon body mounts at some point to be able to run them.
C44A1CF2-4E8D-49D5-BB41-95BA0B1B799B.jpeg

The Kraton wing doesn’t look nearly as big in person as it does in pictures, but I will probably switch it out for a factory Typhon set up.

53C61BE2-1904-46ED-A60F-7EDFE6248384.jpeg

A3234EC4-09DA-4284-AB13-1FB07EE25243.jpeg

When you see other people’s builds of these you’re like “hey that’s pretty cool” and then when you see your own, it is a whole different story.

The hot racing servo linkage showed up, so I got that installed and I’m working on the dual antennas for the r7fg. For some reason I’m getting like a weird interference that causes my servo to go nuts and sound like a type writer. If I move the antenna wires around, I can get it to go away, but with the limited amount of space inside the receiver box and under the body, I’m not having a lot of luck getting it to work. I’m using the same R7FG receiver on my 8s Kraton with no issues.

CABE8A60-E370-45D5-8A5E-3E3CF88C08DD.jpeg

image.jpg

Here is a couple videos. First video is to see the actual movement of the arm, the second is me fiddling with the antenna positioning. I tried plugging a different servo in and it seems fine. I’m guessing bad servo but figured I would share here to see if someone knows.

Well just to make sure I completely ruined my day, I went ahead and made a hole in the body I’m preparing to paint for this. Went good, looked good, then I realized I didn’t have the battery/receiver tray screwed down to make running cables easier resulting in a hole about 2” further back than needed.

And then to add insult to injury, I realized none of the 6s battery packs I have will even fit under the body. Oh well, didn’t want to get it on the road too fast.

Went ahead and started the exchange process on Amazon, replacement servo should be here Monday. On a brighter note, it has gobs of power. I may take this JX Ecoboost and swap it into my hybrid Outcast and put the 9imod from that into this.

Now I’m realizing that I never mentioned I went with the Jx ecoboost cls6322hv servo that a lot of people on here seem to recommend.

Reimagined the dual antenna set up, using a few set ups I saw on here as inspiration. Working on getting a body painted up. Replacement servo should be here tomorrow, but I probably won’t get it mounted until next weekend. I think the only parts I’m missing are shocks and a battery that will fit under the body.

6FE2B3BF-E11A-490E-99D2-E03ACBE40B9F.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I grabbed a few sets of silver hoons when horizon had the sale a few weeks ago.

Well, I’m a little disappointed with it, but it is only the third body I’ve painted. Had a couple spots where the colors bled, for some reason the blue has some weird haze to it, and the green isn’t what I was really hoping for. It will look better once I flip into a curb a few times.

92475090-9830-413D-B6E7-FCC8E937FB02.jpeg

437AF85C-214A-4FC0-8DA3-EE0235B24536.jpeg

C2F6B26D-2AD8-4BA7-9930-59B40F802AD2.jpeg

I intentionally did the blue fade from dark metallic blue to light blue. The haze effect was not on purpose. The green looks cool in pictures but it is much duller in person.

And finally I threw some stickers on to try to distract gazing eyes from my shoddy work.

1F48B3AB-A79A-401E-9BE3-B3F32AAE06A4.jpeg

13307D25-F0AE-4EA7-ACE0-05743058C22D.jpeg

It seems Jenny’s lowered the price of Limitless shocks so I went ahead and ordered a set to get closer to finished with this build. They were supposed to be here today but it looks like they are currently lost in the usps system. I’m sure they will show up in a few days. I still need to source some of the sway bar bracket covers and then it’s down to a battery. I’m leaning towards picking up this ovonic 5000mah 50c 6s. I believe it is small enough that it will fit without having to raise up the body.

38C2D961-F825-432F-9F15-363D35DF3DA0.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07THYXD2L/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A1KODDOPEPALCP&psc=1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back