Typhon Spare parts dual motor street build Kraton/Typhon/Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ovonic battery came in, as well as the Hot Racing sway bar covers and Limitless shocks from Jenny’s. Realized when I went to install the rear sway bar the Limitless arms require a longer sway bar so I will have to order that. I think I’m going to also order a low profile Talion wing mount and then cut down the Kraton wing. The battery came with some stickers that were a similar terrible green so I slapped them on to give it some more character. I had a chance to rip around with it a little bit last night and it has tons of power with the 19t pinion. I forgot my temp gun so I’m not sure how hot it was getting but I could still hold onto the motor after I got done. Hope to take it out again this weekend and maybe get some video.

20D15D70-EF96-45D4-A311-D899DEF9D0FD.jpeg

669C68FD-01E4-4204-BC86-4400F26D8BA9.jpeg

Turned out the berries @Matt05!
Been keepin an eye on yer progress as ah've a very similar pile of spares tae be used!
Ye could always reprofile the end plates of the wing if yer happy with the rest of it. Ah done it recently where i wanted the width to match the body but thought the end plates too big.
_20220612_001924.JPG

Turned out the berries @Matt05!
Been keepin an eye on yer progress as ah've a very similar pile of spares tae be used!
Ye could always reprofile the end plates of the wing if yer happy with the rest of it. Ah done it recently where i wanted the width to match the body but thought the end plates too big. View attachment 223041

That looks slick! I think I’ll put a low profile mount on and trim the sides up something like that. I was just looking at mine before I saw your post and was thinking about doing something to the sides to stream line them.

Well I broke it

A20028B1-DEB2-4C18-94F8-83152BC35379.jpeg

6C7F5461-FBCA-48D0-9F7A-B06EF86B828B.jpeg

Not entirely sure when/how it happened, but an easy enough fix. It was doing donuts pretty good and then it was spinning on it’s lid. Flipped it over and started to drive it back and noticed it wasn’t turning so good. Before it broke the turning radius was pretty lack luster so I think I need to do the East Tactics shim mod regardless. Still a whole lot of fun!

Got the broken link fixed up, installed the correct length rear sway bar, slapped a low profile wing mount on and trimmed the wing up to accommodate. I’d like to get a little more creative like @Acidsnow did but my creative juices just aren’t quite flowing with it yet.

B04FFC9E-EBB2-4C61-9C01-AB477C56DABE.jpeg

53D7132E-0C1B-4F8C-BC7E-9CFCF2537924.jpeg

Ran it around a bit on a dead country road. It seems to track pretty dang straight and moves out for stock electronics. I ordered a skyrc gnss, so hopefully next weekend I can get some actual data and hopefully some video to go with it. Not expecting to break any records besides my own.

Well, haven’t had a ton of fun with this thing yet, not sure if speed running/street bashing is really my thing. So let’s do a build!

What I was running
EFD97BCA-D88B-4CA2-B9DB-B3A84E47EE2F.jpeg

Stripped what I don’t need
25702D5A-C1CB-4AE5-9473-05448BB7ABA2.jpeg

6013FF9B-BC3E-4100-8082-4CAF24AE0210.jpeg

Little teaser

8AB46BB2-B963-4552-B895-126392051364.jpeg

Slowly but surely making some progress! No one makes a GT body for a Typhon xl that I’ve found so I had to improvise a bit, but I’m pretty excited with how it’s turning out. Need to do a final clean trim but that’s pretty close to how it will look. I think I need a few more parts to officially call the front splitter mounted, but it is cut and fit onto the Kraton chassis. Pretty slow going, but I’ve got 5 more months of terrible weather to get it done.

D28C36D9-B40B-4B6D-B8AC-4B5D4C9903EA.jpeg

B6E403F3-DDC1-4A06-A77E-28C188AC94E2.jpeg

Got the front splitter finish mounted, body mounts figured out, and body trimmed a bit more and fitted. Not totally in love with the rear body post set up so I may end up making a few more holes in the body. Wish I had more time to really make some progress but oh well. I also think I need to either find, or figure out how to make a wider wing.

CBA6DEC7-AF67-4256-A0BE-88EF58CFEA2E.jpeg

42476ACE-EF05-4456-B196-C03F889A123C.jpeg

Got some ambition and made some more progress on this thing. Before I go any further, yes I am a super experienced speed runner and I plan to smash everyone’s records with this.

36279208-9FA3-48B9-836B-D86BC462A2D5.jpeg

7D639218-DFB3-42ED-AC46-35F9D40D0AB5.jpeg

ABD11675-DDA2-4AD8-A021-4C7BAD94A1D6.jpeg

Jk jk. I believe someone else on here recently did something similar and I know Raz did with a Limitless and I just wanted to try it. I haven’t really found a ton of love for street bashing and thought maybe this build would get me into it a little more. Obviously used the PPS dual motor mount, the second esc is mounted to the chassis using a flipped stock esc mount.

I’d like to find a smaller receiver box, but I haven’t gotten that far. Next on the list is to cut up a sheet of carbon fiber to make up some side skirt/trays whatever you like to call them and that is where the batteries will call home.

Again, not trying to go super duper fast, or break any records, merely entertaining/challenging myself.

Got some ambition and made some more progress on this thing. Before I go any further, yes I am a super experienced speed runner and I plan to smash everyone’s records with this.

View attachment 272013

View attachment 272014

View attachment 272015

Jk jk. I believe someone else on here recently did something similar and I know Raz did with a Limitless and I just wanted to try it. I haven’t really found a ton of love for street bashing and thought maybe this build would get me into it a little more. Obviously used the PPS dual motor mount, the second esc is mounted to the chassis using a flipped stock esc mount.

I’d like to find a smaller receiver box, but I haven’t gotten that far. Next on the list is to cut up a sheet of carbon fiber to make up some side skirt/trays whatever you like to call them and that is where the batteries will call home.

Again, not trying to go super duper fast, or break any records, merely entertaining/challenging myself.
Are you still doing the build? You have my interest

I actually turned it back into a regular xl Typhon and sold it. The dual motor set up I still have and will be going in a different chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back