Kraton Spare Screw Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
During this rebuild I am doing on my Kraton, I have come across several screws that were rusted. I did a couple beach runs when I first got the car and must not have spent as much time as I should have making sure it was clean and dry. Anyway, I saw a stainless steel screw set for sale and was wondering it stainless was a good option? I already have replacement screw set of that contains all the stock screws for the kraton, that I got on Ebay. From the guys that dis-assemble new cars and sell the parts. Should I just use those first?

During this rebuild I am doing on my Kraton, I have come across several screws that were rusted. I did a couple beach runs when I first got the car and must not have spent as much time as I should have making sure it was clean and dry. Anyway, I saw a stainless steel screw set for sale and was wondering it stainless was a good option? I already have replacement screw set of that contains all the stock screws for the kraton, that I got on Ebay. From the guys that dis-assemble new cars and sell the parts. Should I just use those first?
I use Tony's screws as they're high quality steel. Stainless is soft and strips out. As a personal rule I avoid button head screws, as they have very shallow sockets. I just went to the manual and ordered the quantity and length/diameter I needed.

Stainless is ok but try to prevent the rust with some spray . I spray my Kraton down with silicon spray once in a while. I'll air it off, maybe hit it with some simple green and wipe it. Air off again. Then spray it with a little silicon spray. That makes it look real black again. Seems to keep the bolts nice also. mine gets clean when I'm working on it... the sand never seems to ever go away. I can always see fragments of sand. No matter how far I break it down for repairs or upgrades.

I got rid of most my button head screws also and just replaced with the larger head cap screws on almost everything.

Cap head, meaning the one that have a Cylinder head shape? Like on the bottom of the front differential.

Ok, I may look around the grainger site for the right replacements.

IMG_0552.JPG
As I work on my Kraton... I try to get rid of the button heads on the right and replace with the one you see on the left.

I just picked up a 50 of everything in the cylindrical head from the Grainger site. Nothing like have a few spares laying around. I still have the set of Stock Screw Spares, but anything, that come off, from now one will be getting the new screw head.

I just picked up a 50 of everything in the cylindrical head from the Grainger site. Nothing like have a few spares laying around. I still have the set of Stock Screw Spares, but anything, that come off, from now one will be getting the new screw head.
Hi I can see this was long ago if you have a link for screws please could you share or website I really need to change my screws for my kraton 4s thanks

Hi I can see this was long ago if you have a link for screws please could you share or website I really need to change my screws for my kraton 4s thanks
Jenny's rc should have what you need

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back