Kraton Spare screws on hand, what sizes ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyopl

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Want to order some spare screws to have on hand for Kraton, and Infraction.
I already ordered some from jenny's, but I want to buy bigger kits, you know, any excuse for a men to buy some stuff :)

What sizes should I have on hand, being new to this hobby, I can't figure it out :)

I already ordered some from jenny's, but I want to buy bigger kits, you know, any excuse for a men to buy some stuff :)

What sizes should I have on hand, being new to this hobby, I can't figure it out :)
Personally, with the 6S rigs, I have found myself needing longer screws, but it varies for the projects. Those have been M3x18, M3x20 button\flat heads. Rare cases where I needed more bite but not in Jenny's kit or not enough of the longer.

More importantly, I have to order various sizes of shims. Shims for diffs (different spots, mainly the outdrive inside or outside the cup), shims or diff input gear, shims for wheel hex, etc... They are a rainbow of sizes but nice to have them on hand to address slop.

Check out some of the larger screw kits on Amazon. Buy a mixture of button head, flat head, and cap head screws to cover all the bases. Also, look for grade 12.9 fasteners if you can find them: they are stronger than the lower grades like 10. Do NOT buy stainless steel, hardware - it is softer than the black coated steel fasteners, and the heads strip easier.

The most common sizes seem to be m3x10, 12, 16 and 20. I usually replace as many of the screws as possible with socket head cap screws as the spot where the screwdriver tip goes is deeper than on the button and countersunk screws so they are much harder to strip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back