Sparks from bottom of Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need more input, but -

Are you driving in the dark / near dark, and seeing sparks from the bottom of the truck? My guess is the chassis is slapping the concrete, and the screws are sparking...

But no, the driveline should not be throwing sparks.

Mine does that... so do my revos, but it's because I have steel plates on the front and rear to act as wear bars at skate parks. Hitting those curved jump faces at a high rate of speed causes the nose and butt to drag clear up the face of the jump. That will wear through a chassis in a few bash sessions. It's why I quit running 1/8th buggies there and was before I had the idea to make wear plates.

Yours is likely the skids on the front/rear (if you have one on the rear) wearing down letting the steel screws hit the pavement on launch or landing.

2018-0730-Outcast-Bottom-SteelPlates.jpg

That was 17 days ago and probably 7 or 8 bash sessions and I'm already worn down to the screw heads on the rear even though I had them countersunk quite a bit.

2018-0816-Outcast-SkidPlateWear01.jpg

Front one still looks pretty good, but the tail end of the rear one is ground down quite a bit already:
2018-0816-Outcast-SkidPlateWear02.jpg

Aluminum lasts twice as long as plastic and 1/4 as long as even mild steel.

Here is something I heard on a YouTube review of the Kraton. The little holes in the rear bumper are so you can put flints in to create sparks. Has anyone else heard this?

Here is something I heard on a YouTube review of the Kraton. The little holes in the rear bumper are so you can put flints in to create sparks. Has anyone else heard this?
I'd never heard that about the Kraton. I thought that's what Arrma said about the holes in the roll bar for the Outcast though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back