Spaz Stix - how many coats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I picked up some spaz stix color change paint and am looking for tips.

How many coats should I spray before the black backer? Online reviews and videos are all over the place.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I picked up some spax stix color change paint and am looking for tips.

How many coats should I spray before the black backer? Online reviews and videos are all over the place.

Thanks.
Use at least one whole can. Many very light coats. You can’t use too much really, as long as you do each coat very lightly, shake the can well, always hold it completely vertical. Dry at least 10 minutes between coats. Same with the backer, but I like to have 1.5 cans of backer to ensure a good even backing layer.

I picked up some spax stix color change paint and am looking for tips.

Thanks.
After you trim your body take the extra or scrap pieces and use for test pieces. I have used that spax color cange paint and it’s a little tricky. It took me about 4 test pieces to get it correct. And boy am I glad I did because my first 2 ended up looking pink 😂

I only use spazstix
First use there prep paint. One extremely light coat.
Second color. For example. As mine. Super thin coats.. 3 light coats. Then two heavier coats.. and you should end up with this. I used black as the backer..... on my limitless...
Same concept on the kraton. Minus the blue as a backer.

20220208_060340.jpg

20220331_062426.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back