Speaker harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasshopper72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
Im wanting to wire up this speaker to my car. The specs say 9v battery. Id rather not have a sister battery. Can I just use either the connectors pictured here and plug into available channel on the receiver or can I wire something to connect into the balance port? Or is voltages so different that wouldn't power the speaker properly? Sorry not an electronics guy. TIA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200711-113045_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-113045_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20200711-113340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-113340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 41
While I've not directly wired a speaker like you're attempting I've installed RC sound simulators before and the speakers in those units can be powered directly off lipo or receiver (up to a max voltage, varies depending on specific unit) and all had a minimum voltage of 5V. The voltage determined their max volume so I imagine that a voltage less than 9V will just mean the speaker volume will be less than intended and also means more than 9v would be more than intended and depending on the speaker it could blow it out if too high.

Confused on what you're wiring this to and why... low voltage alarm for louder buzzer?

It's a siren for a Police car body im doing. My son thought it would be cool so checking things out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back