Speaking with the local hobby shop guys today.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Paid a visit to two of my go to hobby shops today, and thought I'd ask them the big question. How are Arrma's affecting Traxxas' sales? Well, the unanimous answer was "a lot". With Horizon at the helm, and seemingly poised to keep taking over small or bankrupting companies, the Arrma push is on. So you're probably thinking how great this must be. Hold up. Both shops mentioned how strict Horizon is, and that when a company starts taking a stronghold on the industry, there could be negative effects as well. Right now, everything is bright and shiny on the "Horizon", but they were both biting their nails about potential for price hikes in the future. The V3 Outcast will tell a big tale on release. Hopefully, everything remains the same, and we can go on throwing our money at this hobby. You can also expect Traxxas to start finding ways to muscle back in, and if Horizon and Arrma continue to make headway, those changes could come sooner than later. Just a little break in the news from your local Arrma reporter. Now back to the weather with @cootertwo. Sunny and warm again in Florida Cooter?

Paid a visit to two of my go to hobby shops today, and thought I'd ask them the big question. How are Arrma's affecting Traxxas' sales? Well, the unanimous answer was "a lot". With Horizon at the helm, and seemingly poised to keep taking over small or bankrupting companies, the Arrma push is on. So you're probably thinking how great this must be. Hold up. Both shops mentioned how strict Horizon is, and that when a company starts taking a stronghold on the industry, there could be negative effects as well. Right now, everything is bright and shiny on the "Horizon", but they were both biting their nails about potential for price hikes in the future. The V3 Outcast will tell a big tale on release. Hopefully, everything remains the same, and we can go on throwing our money at this hobby. You can also expect Traxxas to start finding ways to muscle back in, and if Horizon and Arrma continue to make headway, those changes could come sooner than later. Just a little break in the news from your local Arrma reporter. Now back to the weather with @cootertwo. Sunny and warm again in Florida Cooter?
Lmao. What hobby shops did you go to?

but they were both biting their nails about potential for price hikes in the future. The V3 Outcast will tell a big tale on release. Hopefully, everything remains the same, and we can go on throwing our money at this hobby.

Realize that the Kraton was released in 2014, for $499. Five years later, it is due for either a price bump, or some kind of big cost cutting with what we get in the kit.... that STX2 radio is the only downgrade, and a minor one at that. I would not be surprised to see the 2019 models have a $25-$50 price bump.

Realize that the Kraton was released in 2014, for $499. Five years later, it is due for either a price bump, or some kind of big cost cutting with what we get in the kit.... that STX2 radio is the only downgrade, and a minor one at that. I would not be surprised to see the 2019 models have a $25-$50 price bump.
Which would be fair considering the upgrades we saw. Only thing is, no one seems to like the new radio/receiver. Maybe worth picking up a couple from Jennys just in case.

Hey, nice to see neighbors supporting hobby stores. Im in Bolton and venture into all the of those hobby shops. HobbyHobby since forever. Jammed with goodies.

Hey, nice to see neighbors supporting hobby stores. Im in Bolton and venture into all the of those hobby shops. HobbyHobby since forever. Jammed with goodies.
Holt poop we definitely are neighbors I live in bolton as well

Which would be fair considering the upgrades we saw. Only thing is, no one seems to like the new radio/receiver. Maybe worth picking up a couple from Jennys just in case.
That is because the STX2 is a lower quality radio than a Flysky FSGT2.

Traxxas can't compete with a brand like arrma, it's a no brainer why arrma sells more. Their (Traxxas) trucks just aren't as cheap and they don't offer anything extra, hell most are worse. I hope horizon doesn't jack up the prices on arrma trucks, because they're at a crazy good spot on the market right now, and their brand shows no shade at all, just quality designs.

Traxxas can't compete with a brand like arrma, it's a no brainer why arrma sells more. Their (Traxxas) trucks just aren't as cheap and they don't offer anything extra, hell most are worse. I hope horizon doesn't jack up the prices on arrma trucks, because they're at a crazy good spot on the market right now, and their brand shows no shade at all, just quality designs.
Apparently the price went up $50
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-arrma-pre-orders.10791/#post-120584

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back