Kraton spectrum avc.... kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw kraton v2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I have the Kraton and i was wondering if i could run the spectrum AVC receiver with the other stock electrics.... I was thinking of getting SRS4220 DSMR AVC Surface Rx. But i didn't know if it would work with the TTX300 transmitter and servo that comes with the Kraton. Also, i was thinking of getting a better servo that was a little stronger and quicker. Any suggestions. THANKS!!!!!!

You have to get a Spektrum transmitter to use that receiver. The DX4C is a good choice. The servo as long as it's digital your good. You will burn up a analog servo.

You have to get a Spektrum transmitter to use that receiver. The DX4C is a good choice. The servo as long as it's digital your good. You will burn up a analog servo.
Hi I've got the spectrum dx4r and want to use it on my new Typhon v2 6s what do I need to change? Thanks

Get a larger receiver box also ...maybe one from a Traxxas Slash. The receiver is pretty big.

In my opinion, that AVC is not needed much in a 4x4 1/8th scale like a Kraton. Unless you are on ice or a slippery floor. I have it in one of my RC's, but find myself never using it. I can drive fine without that turned on. I used it for a little while and found it better just turned off.

Out on some ice, it will work awesome and it's pretty neat . For normal good weather running in a Kraton, I rather not use it because I rather drive without and do not need that at all. If you want to use it just for normal good weather bashing in a Kraton....I wouldn't bother. However.....it is pretty cool to mess with in very low traction situations. .

I don't find myself on low traction surfaces much at all. I just wanted to try and give you some idea of what to expect from that AVC.

I myself have it disabled and it stays that way. It was fun to mess with for a good 1/2 hour but I almost never want to use it now.

TIP : You have to set all your trims and sub trims to zero and get the vehicle driving straight with just the servo arm and the turnbuckles. If you use any trims, or sub trims....the servo will drift. It's just like a heading hold gyro on a RC Helicopter. Some people will disagree, but I've been flying heli's for 20 years. The AVC is just like a heading hold gyro in a heli and the AVC acted just like one when messing with it.

TIP: The faster the servo...the better also.

Last edited:
Will the servo I've already got on be ok to work with the spectrum radio? This is one of the first small electric cars I've had I've got a number of 1/5 scale cars and quad copter but bought this Typhon v2 last week and I can't believe how much fun it is to use and the abuse it takes

to fit the spektrum AVC reciver you need to stand it up on its side and it fits perfectly fine... need spektrum radio to use spektrum recivers.... I use it in my kraton but I don't have it turned on 99% of the time...

Oh that is right....you can mount it on the side. I know it also has to be level if I recall. Wow...I didn't think it would fit in there and it does.

Oh that is right....you can mount it on the side. I know it also has to be level if I recall. Wow...I didn't think it would fit in there and it does.
Yes it fits and make sure you tape it down if not it will be all squirrel cus the reciver is moving all over in there...

hey guys, since you are all using spectrum rx's here is my question: I have a sr2010 I want to use in my cast, will it work if I just wind up the short antenna inside the arrma rx box, or does it need ran outside? its only 3.25", so not sure what will work. my only experience are planes, and it just gets ran inside. any help would be appreciated

Do a range test to find out. It probably will not matter much if it’s inside or out. There is a spot for an antenna tube. I use a short tube and keep it under the body. They get destroyed if it’s extended outside the body. Once in a while, and this is so rare, I’ll get a brown out or some sort of shutdown in a RC. I always use spektrum. I will actually have to bind the rx and tx to get back to working again. I’ll run a capacitor just because. It’s so rare that it’s not that big of a deal. However, it suck if it happens. A cap and a short antenna whip is just something I do rather than not. Less chance of glitches to ruin your fun.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back