Spectrum G2 battery & S150 charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKD88

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have used this battery and charger twice. I have a spectrum 3s non g2 battery that I bought also that charges just fine. After running the g2 battery for the second time it now just blinks a green light on the S150 charger and will not increase charge. I’ve tried it on 5a, 3a, 1a and .5 a for 1 hour each and still on single flashing bar. Has anyone else had this issue? I don’t think it’s the charger because it chargers my other smart battery just fine.

I have used this battery and charger twice. I have a spectrum 3s non g2 battery that I bought also that charges just fine. After running the g2 battery for the second time it now just blinks a green light on the S150 charger and will not increase charge. I’ve tried it on 5a, 3a, 1a and .5 a for 1 hour each and still on single flashing bar. Has anyone else had this issue? I don’t think it’s the charger because it chargers my other smart battery just fine.
Did you measure the individual cells with the volt meter? double checked the cables and connections?

I don’t have a battery checker. I could check voltage with my voltmeter. The plugs can only go one way from what I can tell. On pins round one is square.

The new g2 batteries don’t have a balancer wire plug just the IC5

I found out the hard way that G2 batteries can only be charged on Spektrum chargers with G2 firmware installed. Your charger may be capable of having the firmwar updated if it doesn’t have it alreay. I have a Spektrum charger now that can charge g2 batteries, and it’s quick an quiet.

It has charged the battery twice fine. Today would be the 3rd. It has an update port but no update cable. It was a G2 bundle and has worked before. I was going to try and update but there’s no cable in the box to do so.

You can order that cable on amazon
Also check if it is compatible with the update.
It has charged the battery twice fine. Today would be the 3rd. It has an update port but no update cable. It was a G2 bundle and has worked before. I was going to try and update but there’s no cable in the box to do so.
I looked at a combo with your charger and a G2 Lipo, you don't need the update, could be the lipo, how long have you had it? try to bring it back and tell em it's a Lemon

Last edited:
It kind of sounds like the battery was discharged too far. Most chargers won't charge the battery once it's been discharged below like +/-2.5v per cell.

So I just bought the s150 charger and the 3s 50c G2 battery but the charger will not charge it it just makes a non stopping beeping sound what do I need to do to fix this ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back