Typhon Spectrum single 6s soft pack vs two 3s Hard pack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
Does the body fit better with the single 6s spectrum softpack than it does with two 3s hard packs?

you can go to arrma-rc.com and read the maxsize of battery that fits.

Anyways one 6s 5000mah is better than two 3s 5000mah if the c rate is same.
The single 6s will give more KW /power than dual lipos.

If you have dual battery holders you want go dual lipos for better balance on the rig,
if there is only one battery tray you like to go with one single to get better performance. More power

I don't have Typhon yet.
I believe it is single batterytray ?
and i have read that some 6s packs don't fit because the body is pretty low in Typhons, not so much space

Softpacks are usually smaller than hardpacks. In most cases the hardcase have softpack inside. and the hardcase makes them bigger in size

Maybe the link infidel67 send helps.
There must also be info at arrma-rc.com about the max battery size that fits.

Does the body fit better with the single 6s spectrum softpack than it does with two 3s hard packs?
I was (I know I know) using 2 Traxxas 3s 5000mah batteries for 6s as I started with Traxxas then moved to Arrma and didn't want to have to buy new batteries and charger for my new fleet of Arrmas. The ones I used were long pack and had to lift the rear body mounts so that only one screw holding them in on the upper hole of the rear tower for a perfect fit. Just bought the S2200 4s completer kit and a 5000mah 100c 6s soft pack and both 2xs 2s fit and the 6s fits. I was worried to until I came home and put it in before charging Incase it didn't fit I could exchange. Because once charge only to find out it wouldn't work, they might not exchange. Just like if for some reason your rc has something wrong out of the box. If you notice during a run, it's gonna be a warranty issue BUT the tires never touched the ground and not run, they will swap it out for another. Sorry for the long story. But yes. You can do it. 🤙

Just ALWAYS when using batteries in series, the best bet is to use the SAME Brand, mah, c-rating and size. As some come with same spec but can be a long pack or shorty. I run mine in series but have 5 of the same 3s 5000mah batteries and always keep the pair that runs together in separate storage bags. Labeled A and B. One set labeled on the left and one set on the right to make sure not to mix up. Had 6 but one went bad. Not really a good idea to mix an even half year old battery with a new one. So I actually just grabbed a new spektrum G2 5000mah 100C 6s so I don't have to worry about it anymore and can spread out all but 2 of the other 3s for my, well 3s vehicles. Keep 2 as backup or running in another vehicle if more than one 6s goes out to play. Then to add more of a 6s experience and the electronics staying cooler doing it, put in the speed pinion and run on 4s. So almost like running 5s. 4s with speed pinion and 100% throttle is like 6s on 75%. And doesn't break stuff so easily. 🤔🤙

An old thread no doubt.

Yeah if using 2 x 3s pairs, must be same brand,, exact type and hopefully from the same date code/lot in a perfect world. You always cycle them together in pairs for the whole lifecycle. To get them to perform best as combined cells.
But its best to run 1 single 6s brick. Less liability. I even get rid of all the extra wiring and loop series connector which is best. Short wire runs are best also. I only run single bricks now. Unless it is a tandem lipo saddle chassis. Like my Lim and Infr.
The Typhon 6s seems to only have body fitment issues with some types of lipos sizes. Hence a brick will usually fit better. (Softpacks)
Typhon Buggy body sits very low and tight to its chassis of all the 6s line.
And I only like 4s in my Typhon TLR anyway. Not much of an issue for me.

I was looking into it as I have been using other brand of battery but just picked up the G2 S2200 4s bundle and a 6s and definitely a lot easier to deal with. And lighter. Plus like the fact that now with the smart batteries, the RX shows how much battery remains. 🤙

One single 6s brick is just one lipo to charge. Less of a hassel. Many have already have 2s's or 3s's lying around and they go that route. But if planning ahead for future Lipo purchases, a single brick is always best. A single 4s or 6s is best. (y)
Less chance of fire from ejected lipo pairs. Less chance for Connectors to disconnect. I had crash fires before. The stupidist thing like a dead short on wire leads causes total carnage. Keep wiring well strapped, low and not flapping around. The more wiring just increases that risk. Keep the chassis lean and mean.
K.I.S.S.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back