Spectrum Sr215 -515 reciever issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Typhon 6s
  13. Typhon 3s
Hi all bit of a random one but has anyone else had there SR model receivers just die on them. So the sr215 sr315 sr515 models?
I’ve had a 215 go down 6 months ago, a 315 go down 2 weeks ago on my Mojave no warranty claim On any but now my sr515 has gone down. Luckily I have a spare 215 to get me bye but has anyone else had similar issues with there’s!

Attachments

• EB07310D-2DE2-4F08-9B8C-B25F3C01DE93.jpeg
    EB07310D-2DE2-4F08-9B8C-B25F3C01DE93.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 104
Were they all in different trucks or were they all in the same truck? What voltage are you running? Finally, how many accessories are you running?

I’d hate for you to lose any more, hopefully it’s just a coincidence you’ve lost so many receivers and hopefully it stops happening man.

Different trucks Mojave kraton and typhon. all different esc’s no accessories I run the dx5 rugged transmitter and running gensacearespammers bashing series 2x3s in the Mojave when it died 2 mins into a bash. Typhon unsure but probably gensacearespammers standard 2x 3s 50c and today was on the kraton 6s running 2x hobbystarr 8000 100c 3s. I even have today’s on video a nice big backflip off 10ft mound landing and bouncing on grass. And that was it no more sr515. I’m wondering impact but it doesn’t explain the Mojave As I was driving on flatish terrain and it just cut out. The kraton walks in this backflip usually. Thinking about foam around the reciever just incase But I’m Seriously clueless and any thoughts appreciated team!
Cheers

Right it has just happened again. This time to my outcast running 2x3s hobbystar 8000 mah stock electronics and sr315. This truck has been a bit of a shelf Queen and probably only it’s 4th trip out. Not even 2 mins into a bash and the reciever completely dies taking my total to 4 dead sr receivers. Someone has got to have some idea what’s happening. This has basically turned my collection to a display bunch and Renders them useless at present.

Right it has just happened again. This time to my outcast running 2x3s hobbystar 8000 mah stock electronics and sr315. This truck has been a bit of a shelf Queen and probably only it’s 4th trip out. Not even 2 mins into a bash and the reciever completely dies taking my total to 4 dead sr receivers. Someone has got to have some idea what’s happening. This has basically turned my collection to a display bunch and Renders them useless at present.
What voltage is your BEC set for? What servo? How many fans or lights?

No lights or additions- today’s was totally stock electronics apart from the reciever, I’ve just found the blx185 is cooked- well it’s pulsating the fan not running it then it cuts out. I’ve just realised my blx185 in my Mojave also fried when it’s sr315 died aswell.
Tried for a Warranty claim on the Mojave but they wanted my hole truck to be sent overseas back to Arrma- sorry not an option that takes months.
So 4 receivers and 2 blx185
At $100 a reciever it’s not cheap or acceptable really.
I never had a problem with the old crap receivers that came with the trucks( except the obvious delays)

I had never had a problem untill recently. When the work they are great.
—UPDATE— Ok I pulled apart today’s culprit. Found some moisture in there which blows me away as it’s been dry and unused. I then checked the old Mojave one and it too had some moisture yet it had been shelved inside for last 2 months since it died. Really confused now and I am however questioning the fact the trucks affected all have hv servos. Thankfully I can shuffle my esc’s around and the infraction becomes 8s now. I think I will go ahead and open up my remainder of my receivers and waterproof the boards. And insulate against shock from big landings or crashes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back