Speed build by a noob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi everyone,

A am a total noob to the rc speed run world but having a go at it. Currently have 3 speed projects on the go. A tamiya DF-03, arrma kraton v3 and an arrma typhon v3.

Already had some great help from the forum and especially libertymkiii.

So far i have done a few speed runs with the kraton and tamiya.

Kraton is at 61mph, the tamiya at 46mph and the typhon at 55.8mph.

This will hopefully be an update thread for what is to come. Got a full load of goodies coming to make them faster. Grp tyres, spools, pinions.

Any tips welcome

Thanks for looking.

Marc

Attachments

• 20190712_160746.jpg
    20190712_160746.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20190712_162507.jpg
    20190712_162507.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20190702_154808.jpg
    20190702_154808.jpg
    745 KB · Views: 55
looking good,
The yellow GRPs look great!

Im just finishing off my Typhon v4 , alsofor speed runs. I have dremmel out the motor mount slightly , i can now fit a 27 pinion with stock 50 spur.
As a roller, i have bought a 4092 size motor.

Our roads are a bit smaller in U.K , gets hard to find a good spot.

@CofNailz What results are you getting with the mount drilled out using the stock spur?

I usually use the haul road at the quarry. No one uses it after about half 4 so i get free play. Although even thats getting to small haha

My starting speed for the typhon with grps on and fully stock is 45 mph so time to start upgrading and searching for speed.

@CofNailz What results are you getting with the mount drilled out using the stock spur?

I usually use the haul road at the quarry. No one uses it after about half 4 so i get free play. Although even thats getting to small haha

My starting speed for the typhon with grps on and fully stock is 45 mph so time to start upgrading and searching for speed.

I don't have a speed run car, yet anyway. I've been putting it off because I know how addictive it will become. I have to wait 'til the off season to buy a new truck and invest that kind of money into another rig. I'm just now getting the last few pieces for my Noto.

I've just been scouting places to run that kind of car and one thing I thought of was a track.

Any running tracks by you? I imagine a track like the ones at a HS would make an excellent raceway for a speed car.
I wouldn’t be able to get top speed on a 1/4mile oval track. It’s under an 1/8mile per side. I need almost 1/4mile, maybe more.

After a battle getting the pinion gear off the motor it is finally done. 21t pinion fitted and the center diff locked. Try it out tomorrow and see what the gains are. Got a spool coming aswell but not arrived yet :(

Hi,
did you purchase a spool?
and what pinion did you use for run you already done?

thanks

im ready to run this weekend, ive done my lowered my shocks sorted , toe , camber. droop and put some rubber spacers in my shocks to stop the rear coming down further then the front shocks.
all 3 diffs have thick oil.

hopefully weather be ok

@taztan i bought a Hot racing spool. Hasnt arrived yet so only got the 50t standard spur and a 21t pinion in it just now.

Got the center diff locked the now until the spool arrives. Hopefully i will be out tomorrow after work if the rain holds off

Got a quick run in today before the rain came. First pass was gentle but still an increase from the original pb. 58.2 mph. Second pass was a full go for it pass, 67.4 mph and then it span off into the grass.

Running a single 6s lipo, center diff locked, grp s3 tyres, 50t spur and a 21t pinion. Speed sound about right?

Got a quick run in today before the rain came. First pass was gentle but still an increase from the original pb. 58.2 mph. Second pass was a full go for it pass, 67.4 mph and then it span off into the grass.

Running a single 6s lipo, center diff locked, grp s3 tyres, 50t spur and a 21t pinion. Speed sound about right?
Sounds about right. What do you think was the cause of the spin off?
I found that the rear wing is actually doing quite allot. Mine was very unstable under braking without the rear wing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back