Speed Calculation Sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Good day fellow RC'ers. We've had one of those local speed meter trailers on our road for the past week and I have been tinkering with my Kraton trying to figure out how fast I can get it. Unfortunately on 6S I just couldn't get the radar to pick it up.

On 4S the best I got was 43 mph. So I worked kind of backwards from there using some knowledge from this forum and created a spreadsheet in Google Docs to calculate what my 6S top speed would be. Outside of strapping my $1000 phone to the truck I'm not sure how else to get the top speed number.

Good day fellow RC'ers. We've had one of those local speed meter trailers on our road for the past week and I have been tinkering with my Kraton trying to figure out how fast I can get it. Unfortunately on 6S I just couldn't get the radar to pick it up.

On 4S the best I got was 43 mph. So I worked kind of backwards from there using some knowledge from this forum and created a spreadsheet in Google Docs to calculate what my 6S top speed would be. Outside of strapping my $1000 phone to the truck I'm not sure how else to get the top speed number.
I had a Dynamite GPS made for RC's. Lost it day 1 when I wrecked my Senton. Found it day 2 and then proceeded to launch it into the Housatonic River when I wrecked my Typhon. Never replaced it. I have an old phone I'll use if I ever feel the need to figure out my speed ?

youre-not-helping.jpg

Lol, helps if I attach the spreadsheet. DOH!!!!!

The cells in green you have to provide a value. Everything else should auto-calculate.
I had a Dynamite GPS made for RC's. Lost it day 1 when I wrecked my Senton. Found it day 2 and then proceeded to launch it into the Housatonic River when I wrecked my Typhon. Never replaced it. I have an old phone I'll use if I ever feel the need to figure out my speed ?
Having a speed meter at the end of your street is great motivation!!!

It's also crazy that for as much money is I have in my Kraton with my current gearing I'm only doing about 1.5 mph faster than a stock Kraton.

Attachments

• RC Speed Calculator.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 209
Looks like you've got it down.

I've got a gearing spreadsheet in excel that I use to plan builds and to give me an idea of speed.

Anybody used an Apple Watch to do a speed test? I would be more willing to try that than my iPhone X.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back