Notorious Speed Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tosuc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all,
I've been running a Typhon 6s V3 and just bought Notorious 6s V4.
Both should have 60mph=96kmph max speed.
From my point of view, gearing ist absolutely the same in both vehicyles. Speed pinion changed to 16T.

Now comes my question:
Typhon tyres diameter is 118mm.
Notorious tyres diameter is 172mm.

What is my failure in thinking?

Looking forward to your comments.

Thomas

Typhon 6s pinion :
Stock : 14T
Speed gear : 20T
Input gear : 13T
Crown gear : 43T

typhon .jpg

Notorious/outcast 6s :
Stock : 12T
Speed gear : 16T
Input gear : 10T
Crown gear : 43T

noto .jpg

In conclusion, the gears ratio on the typhon and notorious/outcast isn't same, it is smaller on the Typhon, so not absolutely the same.

The difference about the wheels size, more big wheels in diameter give more speed, but as the gear ratio isn't same between the two cars, the final top speed of the two cars can be close or even faster for the Typhon.

Last edited:
I'm afraid, I do not agree.
Typhon 6s v3 12T and 16T, same as Notorious V4 !!!

While the Typhon starts with a 14t Pinion and the Notorious starts with a 12t Pinion. Typhon's speed gear is a 20t. While the Notorious is a 16t. That is what was trying to be pointed out int he pics above. Also the Crown and Ring gears tooth count are different from the Notorious to the Typhon as well, which will change overall speed between the two models.

Edit: Reword the explanation.

Last edited:
I'm afraid, I do not agree.
Typhon 6s v3 12T and 16T, same as Notorious V4 !!!

The V3 pinions were 14 and 16. With the 16T you reach 60mph, with the 20T you reach 70mph.
typh V3 .jpg

But this doesn't change that the Typhon input gear is 13T instead of 10T on the notorious.

Typhon :
typh input .JPG

Noto :
noto input .JPG

That's why i mentioned the input gears and gear ratio difference in my first post ;)

... and that is why I mentioned that both vehicyles have 16T max pinion... none of them has 20T like Typhon V4 ... ;-)

... but factor is not nearly equal ...
172mm/118mm = 1.457
13T/10T = 1.3
Therefore, I'm still not able to explain this phenomenon physically ... ;-)

The speed given isn't really accurate, you can reach it or go above. The Typhon is known to be the fastest arrma 1/8, the power/weight ratio is the best for the motor/esc combo, it is also the most stable with the Talion, as they have not that much ground clearance. The Typhon is also the lightest of all the Arrma 1/8 (i don't talk about the 3s blx which is in an other category).

As we can see, from the Arrma spec, whe can put a 20T motor pinion in the typhon to do speed run, which is big compared to the 16T for the bigger and heavier Kraton and Noto/Outcast.

The Notorious/Kraton wheels tend to balloon more and add more speed also. There is some different things to take in condieration about these different cars/chassis.

You have both cars, try by yourself. It is still better than theorical expectation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back