Limitless Speed run areas in London?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
Anyone from London know of any good places to do speed runs?

Just got into doing this kinda RC driving and I’m yet to find anywhere decent. Google isn’t very helpful either

I've never been to London but Google maps helped me a lot. Found several long parking lots that were empty during weekends and the best spot was this biking/walking trail with very smooth pavement that was straight. Only about 1 meter wide but dirt and shrubs on the sides so going off the road wasn't a huge concern. That's where I got my Typhon 3s to 72mph. Though the speed of a limitless may need something wider.
_20220514_084104.png

Thanks man. Great idea. I found an industrial estate I didn’t know about which is fairly near me. Google maps shows there are some quiet little roads.

Thanks man. Great idea. I found an industrial estate I didn’t know about which is fairly near me. Google maps shows there are some quiet little roads.
Where abouts in London are you from? I'm not too far from park Royal, I'm planning ahead trying to find some spots for some speed runs.

I’m north west London so know royal park area. Yep still haven’t found anywhere near me so kinda gave up

View attachment 251509
I have meaning to check this out.. should be quiet in the evenings/weekends/night lol
Night running is the way to go. I do all of my speed runs in the middle of the night (typically between 1-3AM) because traffic makes daytime runs impossible anywhere near where I live. I love the way it looks when the lights fly past me. Has a distinct Le Mans kinda feel to it.

Night running is the way to go. I do all of my speed runs in the middle of the night (typically between 1-3AM) because traffic makes daytime runs impossible anywhere near where I live. I love the way it looks when the lights fly past me. Has a distinct Le Mans kinda feel to it.
Not everyone has that option. Your green party didn't make the streetlights turn off at 12 :confused:

Not everyone has that option. Your green party didn't make the streetlights turn off at 12 :confused:
I hope the green party gets torched and burned to the ground. They're definitely not "my" green party, but I take your meaning.

Maybe I'm not quite understanding when you say that they "didn't make the streetlights turn off at 12". Isn't that a good thing for night running? I like having the overhead lights on my road.

I hope the green party gets torched and burned to the ground. They're definitely not "my" green party, but I take your meaning.

Maybe I'm not quite understanding when you say that they "didn't make the streetlights turn off at 12". Isn't that a good thing for night running? I like having the overhead lights on my road.
I would like the overhead lights too, especially to keep some awareness of distance in the dark. Here in NL at 12 they all go dark to save energy

I would like the overhead lights too, especially to keep some awareness of distance in the dark. Here in NL at 12 they all go dark to save energy
Then it's probably only a matter of time before we do that here as well. I'm kinda shocked that they haven't already regulated that from on high at the European Tyrann...I mean Parliament.

Then it's probably only a matter of time before we do that here as well. I'm kinda shocked that they haven't already regulated that from on high at the European Tyrann...I mean Parliament.
Unfortunately from geopolitical point of view we need that European Tyrann... If only the influence of France would be less, EU would just be great Germany and make a lot more sense...

Yet i recon, with the Scots willing to leave the UK to re-join the EU and currently the UK itself being a great mess, they might all return and the EU will get more messy too. I'd vote for UK only to rejoin with less influence.

Unfortunately from geopolitical point of view we need that European Tyrann... If only the influence of France would be less, EU would just be great Germany and make a lot more sense...

Yet i recon, with the Scots willing to leave the UK to re-join the EU and currently the UK itself being a great mess, they might all return and the EU will get more messy too. I'd vote for UK only to rejoin with less influence.
I'm hesitant to say what I'd like to see happen to the EU parliament, but I don't think I need to :LOL:

I don't think there's much of a chance of the UK rejoining the EU. Maybe they'll surprise me...but I kinda doubt it.

heya, although very small so its only good for training, I found a huge Sainsbury down in SE London, the bell green Sainsburys. there is a road after the roundabout (coming from Catford direction, then turning left before SportsDirect. So after that roundabout if you don't turn left to Sainsburys and continue, you get to the other side of the parking lots, the side that's barely used. In the evening and weekends it tends to be very quiet and I did a little run there w my Vorteks and I did like 50mph on wet tarmac with my trashed stock tyres too. No time for huge stuff, but its ok for smth and you're covered by bushed from the left, and have great visibility to the right, cuz its the parking space.

Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 09.07.31.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back