Typhon Speed run batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusieski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys quick question Im looking at buying batteries for my typhon 6s Was wondering if these seemed ok
E2BFC967-02E9-4744-95A7-8181BB131F13.png

I have had really good experiences with cnhl 70c. G plus batteries I have two of their 6s 5000mah batteries and a bunch of 3s and 4s ones

Hey guys quick question Im looking at buying batteries for my typhon 6s Was wondering if these seemed ok View attachment 169413
Careful with these packs I have this same pack and last few times running it in my Mojave the pack has hit 150° and swelled a little. Pack isn't very old and I'm only bashing not speed running and in 40° weather so may want to look at something different.

I have talked to SMC about the Graphene Extreme V2 packs. Basically, they are designed for the very top of racers, and no other driving styles. The cells are so dense and have such a small surface area per cell, that they are extremely heat sensitive. They are designed to give racers a very slight CG advantage at the trade off of fragility, heat sensitivity, and short lifespan. Stay away from them for speedrunning if you can. SMC has recommended to me specifically the SRD packs, and if not, the DV Extreme (Blue label) packs instead.

I have talked to SMC about the Graphene Extreme V2 packs. Basically, they are designed for the very top of racers, and no other driving styles. The cells are so dense and have such a small surface area per cell, that they are extremely heat sensitive. They are designed to give racers a very slight CG advantage at the trade off of fragility, heat sensitivity, and short lifespan. Stay away from them for speedrunning if you can. SMC has recommended to me specifically the SRD packs, and if not, the DV Extreme (Blue label) packs instead.
The DV extreme are worse I've only ran mine like maybe 12 times bashing and it hits 150° after a decent bash in 40° weather. The V2 I have is quite a bit older and used more so kinda understandable. But a couple of my CNHL packs have 60+ uses and 45 or so being speed ran and no issue at all so🤷

The DV extreme are worse I've only ran mine like maybe 12 times bashing and it hits 150° after a decent bash in 40° weather. The V2 I have is quite a bit older and used more so kinda understandable. But a couple of my CNHL packs have 60+ uses and 45 or so being speed ran and no issue at all so🤷
Not saying the DV Extreme is a better or worse battery, only that SMC specifically said that if the SRD are not available, the DV Extreme would last longer for speedrunning. I have 6 Extreme Graphene V2 that were all completely destroyed by a single run due to the demands of speedrunning on batteries.

My choice for speedrunning packs is still TGPs, and with their new format you can fit 2x6ah 4s packs under a reverse motor stock limitless body no problem.

When shopping SMC batteries check out that PF rating.
The one you posted has a rating of 383 or 3.83v per cell under their testing scenario. Some of their LiPos test closer to 4 v per cell and would indicate a better LiPo for speed running. For example the SRD series.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back