Infraction Speed run fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Download the computer app and set your sky RC GPS to update at 10Hz (10 times per second) as the default is only 1Hz (1 time per second)
I really appreciate that info. I did it and then tested in my car and it pretty much spot on! ?? Thank you!

Don't play the 'jump to conclusion' game. This is a process.
My guess, your SMC are providing an abundance of current and it melted your motor wire i.e. your system is not able to handle what you are doing.
Your SkyRC is accurate but needs to be at top speed for 2-3s for it to display correctly. It will show the right speed on the download PS software, just no instant gratification. In return, it also shows that people barely manage to stay at the top for under 2s.

Without logging, you don't really know what you are doing to your setup. My guess is that you 'yank the throttle' or have some other issue that results in access current. You are limiting that effect with your low rated Lipo's.
For the motor wire to de-solder you have some serious issues. That is what you have to fix first i.e. understand why you have this type of current.
Come to find out one of my lipos was bad. I’m still not sure why it desoldered itself. I soldered everything back and haven’t had a issue since. I did purchase a new set of SMC 3s V2 120c lipos and they seem to be working fine. I was gonna do some speed runs today but it started raining and hadn’t stopped since.
As far as the Skyrc gps it was off about 3mph until I learned how to go into the settings and change the refresh rate. I have since then done so and it’s pretty much spot on now. And no I don’t “yank the throttle”. But I am learning new things from this experience. It’s fun and frustrating sometimes. There’s a lot of great people on this forum as well and I appreciate all the knowledge you all provide! Stay safe everyone!!

The setting on a Castle ESC is how much you want to limit the punch. So 0% restriction is max power. On other brands of ESCs the value represents how much power to allow, which is the opposite of the Castle.

That’s where throttle control comes in.
Cristal clear. Super that you for sharing. I was struggling to reach 100% power with the punch control at 100%. Do you believe that was the reason behind it? The Max that my log was showing is 76%

Cristal clear. Super that you for sharing. I was struggling to reach 100% power with the punch control at 100%. Do you believe that was the reason behind it? The Max that my log was showing is 76%
Yes, you probably can't stay on 100% throttle long enough to overcome the punch delay.

Download the computer app and set your sky RC GPS to update at 10Hz (10 times per second) as the default is only 1Hz (1 time per second)
can u do this on the sky rc gnss if so how?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back