Typhon Speed run help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Would like to add another 20 mph to my car. I'm running consistently 110 mph with tp 4070,2250 motor ,castle xlx,etc and would like to see 130,any help would be great,thanks.

What does your body and wing look like? Pics? Tires? Lipo? Need more info.
It has grp s2 tires,no restrictions on esc,6s 100 c,36 pinion 34 spool
20200301_192132.jpg

But what does the body look like? There are a lot of great speed guys here @jondilly1974 and @LibertyMKiii being a couple with lots of knowledge. I don't know much when it comes to speed but I do know after where you are at aerodynamics are a huge factor. Good luck?

I cant say I have seen the stock body make it much past where you are at.

It has grp s2 tires,no restrictions on esc,6s 100 c,36 pinion 34 spool
View attachment 69860
Ok so here’s a few tips that I’m paying forward that I received from others.

1) Trim that wing. Get it as close to flat as possible, or replace it with a flat wing.

2) Get Limitless towers and shocks to lower the front profile. I can’t tell from the angle of the pic, but you want that thing slammed as low as possible. Get the front down a little lower and get the rear as stiff as possible.

3) I’ve see others running the Typhon body and get into the 130’s but much past that and you’ll want to look for a GT style body. Check out what @phildogg does on his TY channel

She is pretty with what seems to look like a great setup for where you are heading.

She is pretty with what seems to look like a great setup for where you are heading.
Its been a lot of work, thank you
Ok so here’s a few tips that I’m paying forward that I received from others.

1) Trim that wing. Get it as close to flat as possible, or replace it with a flat wing.

2) Get Limitless towers and shocks to lower the front profile. I can’t tell from the angle of the pic, but you want that thing slammed as low as possible. Get the front down a little lower and get the rear as stiff as possible.

3) I’ve see others running the Typhon body and get into the 130’s but much past that and you’ll want to look for a GT style body. Check out what @phildogg does on his TY channel
I have a flat wing I can put on,car is pretty low 1/4 in front and 3/8 in back and he told me what motor to get

Its been a lot of work, thank you

I have a flat wing I can put on,car is pretty low 1/4 in front and 3/8 in back and he told me what motor to get
You’re on the right track. Further ahead than I am in most aspects. ??

Cool,thanks,going to up the pinion some more and put wing on and try again, been doing this for 20 years but new to speed runs.
I know on my Typhon 3S the wing kept making my nose pop up anything over 85. I flipped it (wing) over and lost all brakes ?? Took that B off and hit 93. Put a GT body on and hit 96 before a side wind picked it up and tossed it in a ditch. ? Looks like Monday is going to be very little wind and warm enough to get some passes in. Hoping to crack 100 on this thing once and for all. I will move on to my Typhon 6S after that.

I know on my Typhon 3S the wing kept making my nose pop up anything over 85. I flipped it (wing) over and lost all brakes ?? Took that B off and hit 93. Put a GT body on and hit 96 before a side wind picked it up and tossed it in a ditch. ? Looks like Monday is going to be very little wind and warm enough to get some passes in. Hoping to crack 100 on this thing once and for all. I will move on to my Typhon 6S after that.
Sounds good,I have wrecked some myself, flipped it 15 times and lands on all 4,s and I drive it back,these cars are pretty durable

Sounds good,I have wrecked some myself, flipped it 15 times and lands on all 4,s and I drive it back,these cars are pretty durable
Put a GT body on it and it’s even tougher. ??

Cool,thanks,going to up the pinion some more and put wing on and try again, been doing this for 20 years but new to speed runs.
[/QUO
I trimmed my wing some more and put a different pinion on and my new PB is 114 but esc was up to 170

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back