Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Donut Man

Speed runner on a budget...if that's even possible
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Here are the PBs of all the speed freaks on this forum ranked for your viewing pleasure!

Please keep posting your runs in the other sticky'd thread "Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?" and I will update this list. My goal is to add new PBs and refresh the list every 1-2 weeks depending on need, but please tag me if you notice something missing.

We do want you to keep posting runs of non-Arrma speed builds in their respective threads, but only Arrma-based platforms will be ranked here. Since this forum is for Arrma enthusiasts, we want this list to promote the speed running part of the R/C community by inspiring people with the crazy speeds Arrmas are capable of!

One more note: if you'd like your run verified by video, this is what I'll be looking for:
  • Zero out the GPS while the car is stationary
  • Record your run: a pass is considered clean if no crashes occur and if you drive the car independently back to the starting position
  • Once the car is brought back and has stopped moving, show the GPS display clearly
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, crashing during the run, or editing any cuts into the video
  • Show you cell count by showing clear battery markings or by showing the wire count on your balance plug (will have n+1 wires for LiPo with n cells). Make sure to clearly show series/parallel wiring harnesses if running multiple batteries
If you want your cell count recorded, please show your battery or the balance plug(s) and any parallel/series wiring if you have it. Also, I will accept videos where certain parts are sped up (getting the car to the starting position, bringing it back after the run, etc.) to 2X or 3X for the sake of time.

If all you have is a picture of the GPS next to your sweet ride, that's totally fine! Let's get out there and keep climbing!

Speed Run Leaderboard - https://www.arrmaforum.com/pages/speed-run-leaderboard/

12-22-21 PB List.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question, are you going to keep it to a top 31 or keep expanding to 32, 33, 34, etc?

Here are the PBs of all the speed freaks on this forum ranked for your viewing pleasure!

Please keep posting your runs in the other sticky'd thread "Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?" and I will update this list. My goal is to add new PBs and refresh the list weekly or semi-weekly depending on need, but please tag me if you notice something missing.

We do want you to keep posting runs of non-Arrma speed builds in their respective threads, but only Arrma-based platforms will be ranked here. Since this forum is for Arrma enthusiasts, we want this list to promote the speed running part of the R/C community by inspiring people with the crazy speeds Arrmas are capable of!

View attachment 132923
I like the green highlight color the best, and I'm not just saying that because my name is in there. Ok, maybe because my name is in there. Fitting that the 130+ guys be in pink, because, well you know. And don't say it's red, it's definitely pink! I have a feeling @Uplift-RC will be jumping up shortly. Why? I just have a feeling.

I like the green highlight color the best, and I'm not just saying that because my name is in there. Ok, maybe because my name is in there. Fitting that the 130+ guys be in pink, because, well you know. And don't say it's red, it's definitely pink! I have a feeling @Uplift-RC will be jumping up shortly. Why? I just have a feeling.
Who knows what color the 140+ crowd gets?? Hope to see you jumping up the ranks too :cool:

Just a note for full disclosure, my Typhon 6S GT was stretched with a Kraton chassis when I hit 137mph. 👍🏻
Thanks for the heads-up; I'll update the list! Cool to see we're running the same setup platform-wise

Just a note for full disclosure, my Typhon 6S GT was stretched with a Kraton chassis when I hit 137mph. 👍🏻
Cheater! I knew it was too good to be true.

Who knows what color the 140+ crowd gets?? Hope to see you jumping up the ranks too :cool:

Thanks for the heads-up; I'll update the list! Cool to see we're running the same setup platform-wise
It’s now an Infraction 😜
Cheater! I knew it was too good to be true.
Hey I didn’t make the list. 🤣🤘🏻

Officially you would have to do a validation video with a resetted gps and no edits on the video, which you post in the "speedrunners - how fast..." thread.

If it counts, enjoy it while it lasts, i am all set get into the top5 this weekend
If that’s the case, why am I on the list at #8 without posting a validation video?

If that’s the case, why am I on the list at #8 without posting a validation video?
When I first put this together, I included runs confirmed by video and runs with just a picture of the GPS readout as well. I figured as people kept running their cars, PBs would be replaced with video-confirmed runs.

Edit: since the intention here is that the list incentivizes people to speed run, I wouldn't want stringent video rules to suck the fun out of it. I hope we can partially rely on the honesty of the individuals here while people learn the rules.

I just noticed that, imho, this list is missing a very important speed runner, ...I mean he's important to me as he (well and Brandon Botwinick/Innovation RC) inspired me to try speed running which is all I do now and I love it. :love:
Philip Jolley @phildogg :cool:

Hopefully he'll be along to confirm his current Typhon PB's.

When I first put this together, I included runs confirmed by video and runs with just a picture of the GPS readout as well. I figured as people kept running their cars, PBs would be replaced with video-confirmed runs.

Edit: since the intention here is that the list incentivizes people to speed run, I wouldn't want stringent video rules to suck the fun out of it. I hope we can partially rely on the honesty of the individuals here while people learn the rules.
Perhaps an ( * ) for verified/non verified runs?

@Mr.Duke I'd appreciate your input on rules for verifying runs. Here's where I would start with things that need to be captured on camera:
  • Record your run: a pass is considered clean if no crashes occur and if you drive the car independently back to the starting position
  • Once the car is brought back and has stopped moving, show the GPS display clearly
  • Show you cell count by showing clear battery markings or by showing the wire count on your balance plug (will have n+1 wires for LiPo with n cells). Make sure to clearly show series/parallel wiring harnesses if running multiple batteries
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, crashing during the run, editing any cuts in the video, and failing to show the cell count
I'm starting to go back through the list to see what's verified, and no one is showing cell counts. Is that too strict of a rule or should we keep it?

Also, I am personally fine with people speeding up parts of their videos (getting the car to the starting position, bringing it back after the run, etc.) to 2X or 3X for the sake of time. This kind of edit seems okay to me because nothing is cut out. Thoughts?

@Mr.Duke I'd appreciate your input on rules for verifying runs. Here's where I would start with things that need to be captured on camera:
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, crashing during the run, editing any cuts in the video, and failing to show the cell count
I'm starting to go back through the list to see what's verified, and no one is showing cell counts. Is that too strict of a rule or should we keep it?

Also, I am personally fine with people speeding up parts of their videos (getting the car to the starting position, bringing it back after the run, etc.) to 2X or 3X for the sake of time. This kind of edit seems okay to me because nothing is cut out. Thoughts?
I think if someone did 150mph and claimed 2S I would call shenanigans, but if someone claims 8S then I don’t know why we would doubt them. I think it’s fine to show them anyways, but as far as past runs, I would let bygones be

It’s whatever y’all want to do. I already have my hands full with my ocd speed run routine, logging all my pre and post run data points along with making the pass and entering everything into the notes of the log before making changes. Since I only compete against myself I don’t plan on going through all the steps, buying a dedicated GoPro for videos, editing and verification. Way too much hassle imo, but that’s just me. I’ll stay in the amateur class or post PBs in the other thread

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back