Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crashed on 1st warm up pass,got loose.had go pro on front of car.should have some good footage.haven't assesst damage yet.the BS continues. Have a 140+++ car.just need a clean pass..lauched brand new xlx2. Hopefully still good.7s with a go-pro mounted to front,133mph $hitty pass.140 easily on 8s

Screenshot_20211003-131145_GNSS PA.jpg

Crashed on 1st warm up pass,got loose.had go pro on front of car.should have some good footage.haven't assesst damage yet.the BS continues. Have a 140+++ car.just need a clean pass..lauched brand new xlx2. Hopefully still good.7s with a go-pro mounted to front,133mph $hitty pass.140 easily on 8s

View attachment 172247
7s log 133mph.xlx2-tp5670-1260kv low amp draw.low heat.system not breaking a sweat

20211003_140832.jpg

8s×2. Parallel 2 packs mounted on bed,2 under body,xlx2 tp5660 ..xlx2 mounted upside-down in cab,1/5grps
Overkill I know.thats what I'm into.did an off road
senton 8s.best holeshots ever...this truck,1/5grps feal like they need more weight for traction.add packs till I like the pulls.

20211005_213021.jpg

20211005_213051.jpg

20211005_213153.jpg

16334902997617372569375715686552.jpg

Since I fried another 2050kv and the new rotor for the TP isn't here yet, I figured I'd give the 1250kv a try. How low should I keep my expectations on 6s with say, 29/35 gearing in the center? Gear calculator says 80 mph which would really suck, but I can't afford to kill any more 2050's since that's what I'm running in the Kraton.

Since I fried another 2050kv and the new rotor for the TP isn't here yet, I figured I'd give the 1250kv a try. How low should I keep my expectations on 6s with say, 29/35 gearing in the center? Gear calculator says 80 mph which would really suck, but I can't afford to kill any more 2050's since that's what I'm running in the Kraton.
Yep you’re gonna have to gear way higher. Probably overdrive it to get any real speed.

Ya I ran the 1717 1260kv on 34/29 and pulled 111 on 6s so definitely have to gear way up

Yep you’re gonna have to gear way higher. Probably overdrive it to get any real speed.

Ya I ran the 1717 1260kv on 34/29 and pulled 111 on 6s so definitely have to gear way up
So your suggestion is to drop down the spur and raise the pinion? I just received my 8mm Saga pinions from Island Hobbynut, so I can drop down that spur. I've got one 34t 5mm pinion that I can slap on that motor too. Looks like I've got something new to work with now between all my 5mm and 8mm gears.

So your suggestion is to drop down the spur and raise the pinion? I just received my 8mm Saga pinions from Island Hobbynut, so I can drop down that spur. I've got one 34t 5mm pinion that I can slap on that motor too. Looks like I've got something new to work with now between all my 5mm and 8mm gears.
Yep with the lower kv gotta run a lot smaller spur and still a bigger pinion also. If you stayed with the 1250kv you eventually would be running like 40t+ pinion so have to drop down spur to be able to fit the gearing as can't fit like a 39t spur and 44t pinion just for exapmle.

Yep with the lower kv gotta run a lot smaller spur and still a bigger pinion also. If you stayed with the 1250kv you eventually would be running like 40t+ pinion so have to drop down spur to be able to fit the gearing as can't fit like a 39t spur and 44t pinion just for exapmle.
The math on 34/25 says 130 mph, which would be a pretty big accomplishment for me. I've also got a 21t 8mm which means I could even take this one step further. I'm just not sure that the car will actually move without a push when you start switching up the gearing this way. Only one way to find out.

Not sure what motor mount you’re running but you’ll need to balance gear ratio with the TTC range of your mount and the extra width of the motor can. Its easy to say drop down to a 29T spool without knowing what range of gears you have on hand for the pinion and what minimum TTC you can actually run.

Not sure what motor mount you’re running but you’ll need to balance gear ratio with the TTC range of your mount and the extra width of the motor can. Its easy to say drop down to a 29T spool without knowing what range of gears you have on hand for the pinion and what minimum TTC you can actually run.
👆👆 yep agree with this!! I was just giving an example of what gearing I ran for higher speeds with the lower kv. But also should be fine as the spektrum 1250kv is same size as the 1717 as I have them both. Also I have the same PPS mount so again should be fine there also.

👆👆 yep agree with this!! I was just giving an example of what gearing I ran for higher speeds with the lower kv. But also should be fine as the spektrum 1250kv is same size as the 1717 as I have them both. Also I have the same PPS mount so again should be fine there also.
He is coming from the 2050kv motors tho, so the 1250kv is a little thicker. I know with small enough gears, the can gets close to the center drive cup. I guess my advice was more centric to his setup than general advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back