Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is coming from the 2050kv motors tho, so the 1250kv is a little thicker. I know with small enough gears, the can gets close to the center drive cup. I guess my advice was more centric to his setup than general advice.
Right but if he's going to the 1250kv with same mount as I run should have no issue running the 29t spur is all I was getting at👍🏼

@Edough13 and @jondilly1974,
Thanks for the input. I may or may not be able to get the smallest spur I want, but I'll squeeze in whatever I can and have a go at it. Like I said, once the 2250 TP rotor comes in, the 1250 will be shelfed anyways. This is just an excuse to keep running the T6 and save the Kraton from imminent destruction. Not having the speed runner going forced my hand to visit constructions sites and bmx tracks. You both know my history and the story always ends the same way, badly😂. Full bmx track vid is uploading now. Man can that Kraton fly😮

Make that 144mph now 🤘🏻

@The Donut Man you can just FFW to this one… until tomorrow 🤣🤘🏻

Infraction V2 Stock Body 8S 145mph

Technically I did drive it back after manually retrieving it from the ditch. Hope that still counts. If not, there’s always tomorrow 🤘🏻

Last edited:
Yep think James has done like 176mph with the stock body🤯
I believe he had only posted videos up to 171mph, but he is known to have PB's in the can. Tony Ingalls also posted a 170mph pass yesterday with the stock body. I like that Tony has a rear cover over the rear roll bar to diffuse the air over the tailgate. I might have to steal that idea at some point.

I believe he had only posted videos up to 171mph, but he is known to have PB's in the can. Tony Ingalls also posted a 170mph pass yesterday with the stock body. I like that Tony has a rear cover over the rear roll bar to diffuse the air over the tailgate. I might have to steal that idea at some point.
Ya I just changed it to 171 was thinking of his last video he posted with the Limitless at 176🤦

Ya I just changed it to 171 was thinking of his last video he posted with the Limitless at 176🤦
Humbling to me. Just when I was thinking 145mph was pretty cool, those two post 170mph+ passes 🤣🤘🏻

Humbling to me. Just when I was thinking 145mph was pretty cool, those two post 170mph+ passes 🤣🤘🏻
Ya I hear ya passes in the 190's with the Limitless GT and 174 open wheel....

The fact that that brick shaped truck can go so fast is downright amazing. It also goes to show how bad the open wheel Limitless aerodynamics are as it should be faster...

I agree anything to smooth and control the airflow is a good idea. Borrow those little ideas anywhere you can.

Seems like I got kicked out of the list:confused:.I cant even go out because of the cold roads. Tires wont hook for SURE
Once we got past a certain number of recorded runs, the table size that can be exported created a cutoff. Always opportunity for next year!
Is this list still getting updated?
It is, just about every 4-6 weeks. Now that many of our US speed runners aren’t running anymore due to weather, not as many PBs are being posted.

Last edited:
Once we got past a certain number of recorded runs, the table size that can be exported created a cutoff. Always opportunity for next year!

It is, just about every 4-6 weeks. Now that many of our US speed runners aren’t running anymore due to weather, not as many PBS are being posted.
Thanks! I'm gonna keep running until it gets a bit colder. Heading out shortly!

Seems like I got kicked out of the list:confused:.I cant even go out because of the cold roads. Tires wont hook for SURE
34 degrees here,S4s hooked like normal this morning 124mph with tp4050..swapped motors,adjusted some steering an bout to go for round 2..now only if car would go more straiter on tha start...
I'm running narrower senton6 on front an wider typhon on rear.could this be the problem??far as going strait,narrower track or wider track better‽?????????

Just a ?, how do you do a 7s set up without a 7s battery? do you series a 3s and 4s battery if Thay are both the same c and mah?
It’ll expand as people join the forum and start running new setups 😎
I think the list should be 100mph+ I see that the slowest run on the list is 102. my PB is 94 I got the car set up better than the 94 run but it is too cold it has trouble getting 40mph on 8s (that was last night) on 4s I might get faster since it will have 1/2 of the power but I won't get more than 60mph

Just a ?, how do you do a 7s set up without a 7s battery? do you series a 3s and 4s battery if Thay are both the same c and mah?

I think the list should be 100mph+ I see that the slowest run on the list is 102. my PB is 94 I got the car set up better than the 94 run but it is too cold it has trouble getting 40mph on 8s (that was last night) on 4s I might get faster since it will have 1/2 of the power but I won't get more than 60mph
Yes, 3s and 4s! Same mAh and C rating.

29944377-D54C-4370-8893-AEC06695671C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back