Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think we should give up too much information. I think motor KV, and gearing is a little much. I post what bats I’m using, but most know anyway you need CNHL, SMC, Turnigy, etc… to go fast.

That’s just my opinion. It’s not easy going fast (at least not for me) Whatever you guys decide I’m fine with. Just my 2 cents!🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t think we should give up too much information. I think motor KV, and gearing is a little much. I post what bats I’m using, but most know anyway you need CNHL, SMC, Turnigy, etc… to go fast.

That’s just my opinion. It’s not easy going fast (at least not for me) Whatever you guys decide I’m fine with. Just my 2 cents!🤷🏻‍♂️
But wouldn't it be nice to know who's doing the most with least? Example: My Granite speed is on a stock 3s motor. There's lots of faster 3s models on the list, but many are using aftermarket motors. Just my 2 cents which is currently valued at 0.0002 US cents, so take it for what it's worth😁

It always can be optional.
I don't mind sharing my setups if its not top of the board.

Positions at the top obviously have something to hide.

Personally I'd love to see the list organized by cell count. I don't believe the scale of the car makes a ton of difference other than maybe the 1/5 scale rigs, but most of us are running 1/8 and 1/7 where the only difference is length/wheelbase.

But wouldn't it be nice to know who's doing the most with least? Example: My Granite speed is on a stock 3s motor. There's lots of faster 3s models on the list, but many are using aftermarket motors. Just my 2 cents which is currently valued at 0.0002 US cents, so take it for what it's worth😁
I think the motor spec thing should just be optional.
I don’t mind telling people I run tp motors and I’ll post pictures of my motor, so anyone that knows them could tell what can size they are, but I’ve spent a ton of time looking at charts to choose my motors.

I can provide the file if someone wants to take this over, but I would like to clarify: when the list gets updated, I don’t always post about it. The date at the top of the spreadsheet shows when it was last added to, which in this case is a month ago, not November.

I understand if you all want a list that gets updated more than once a month, and I’m happy for someone else to take on the responsibility. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do it 😎

I can provide the file if someone wants to take this over, but I would like to clarify: when the list gets updated, I don’t always post about it. The date at the top of the spreadsheet shows when it was last added to, which in this case is a month ago, not November.

I understand if you all want a list that gets updated more than once a month, and I’m happy for someone else to take on the responsibility. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do it 😎
Well helllloooo @The Donut Man! Thanks for the clarification on the date. Never noticed the small print at the top of the sheet. The task of keeping up the stats is a pain I'm sure. Maybe if someone could step up and share the duties with you, then a new sheet doesn't have to be started.

Well helllloooo @The Donut Man! Thanks for the clarification on the date. Never noticed the small print at the top of the sheet. The task of keeping up the stats is a pain I'm sure. Maybe if someone could step up and share the duties with you, then a new sheet doesn't have to be started.
Oh hey there! Honestly it's not too bad. I think more than anything, when I started the list the "Post Your Speed" thread was mainly filled with new PBs, and build threads and topical threads were where all the questions were asked. Now it's the hub for all general speed-running conversation, so there's a lot more to filter through. Just my observation; it's not a bad thing.

Attached is the spreadsheet for whoever wants to take a look.

Attachments

• Arrma Forum Speed Run Ranking.zip
    71.2 KB · Views: 44
Maybe would could turn the list into a Google Sheet so we can all collaborate on the list? We could allow comments to the list by the public and a group of admins could then make those comments permanent records when they have verified and approved the data.

Good news guys. I've been talking with a developer who is going to create an add-on for ArrmaForum!

It's still very early, but right now we're planning on having an area where each member can submit their details with all the fields we currently have in the excel screenshot, with the addition of Motor Kv and Gearing fields (to be completed if you so desire). Everything is planned to be filterable to your own liking.

I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out. If I had to guess on a time frame, I would say probably 3-4 months.

In the mean time I'm now working on a static page which I will take most of the data from the first post and add it to a more user friendly table. This will serve as a temporary page until the add-on is complete.

Good news guys. I've been talking with a developer who is going to create an add-on for ArrmaForum!

It's still very early, but right now we're planning on having an area where each member can submit their details with all the fields we currently have in the excel screenshot, with the addition of Motor Kv and Gearing fields (to be completed if you so desire). Everything is planned to be filterable to your own liking.

I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out. If I had to guess on a time frame, I would say probably 3-4 months.

In the mean time I'm now working on a static page which I will take most of the data from the first post and add it to a more user friendly table. This will serve as a temporary page until the add-on is complete.
Once the framework is done, would it be considerably more difficult or expensive to duplicate it for the drag times as well?

Once the framework is done, would it be considerably more difficult or expensive to duplicate it for the drag times as well?
At this early stage, I'm going to say it might very well be possible. The one thing that might be difficult between the two are the various classes of drag racing. I'll see what we can do!

What fields should NOT be required, when submitting speed records?
Optional: Motor, ESC, Gearing, Differential ratio, and Video link
Required: Model of RC, GT/Open wheel, Cell count, Speed from GPS

I would still love to see the list organized by cell count. @Taztaz running 4s at 129mph mixed in with others running 8s and 6s seems off to me. That is very impressive!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back