Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with Mr. Duke, this is mostly for forum bragging rights, not the Guinness Book of World Records. It should be kept fun and not become a chore. Also keeps it easier for the folks keeping track. (y)

I think if someone did 150mph and claimed 2S I would call shenanigans, but if someone claims 8S then I don’t know why we would doubt them. I think it’s fine to show them anyways, but as far as past runs, I would let bygones be
It’s whatever y’all want to do. I already have my hands full with my ocd speed run routine, logging all my pre and post run data points along with making the pass and entering everything into the notes of the log before making changes. Since I only compete against myself I don’t plan on going through all the steps, buying a dedicated GoPro for videos, editing and verification. Way too much hassle imo, but that’s just me. I’ll stay in the amateur class or post PBs in the other thread
Agree with Mr. Duke, this is mostly for forum bragging rights, not the Guinness Book of World Records. It should be kept fun and not become a chore. Also keeps it easier for the folks keeping track. (y)
Thanks fellas; I appreciate the feedback. I'll make the cell count optional and give some grace as far as videos go 🙃

@Mr.Duke I'd appreciate your input on rules for verifying runs. Here's where I would start with things that need to be captured on camera:
  • Zero out the GPS while the car is stationary
  • Record your run: a pass is considered clean if no crashes occur and if you drive the car independently back to the starting position
  • Once the car is brought back and has stopped moving, show the GPS display clearly
  • Show you cell count by showing clear battery markings or by showing the wire count on your balance plug (will have n+1 wires for LiPo with n cells). Make sure to clearly show series/parallel wiring harnesses if running multiple batteries
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, crashing during the run, editing any cuts in the video, and failing to show the cell count
I'm starting to go back through the list to see what's verified, and no one is showing cell counts. Is that too strict of a rule or should we keep it?

Also, I am personally fine with people speeding up parts of their videos (getting the car to the starting position, bringing it back after the run, etc.) to 2X or 3X for the sake of time. This kind of edit seems okay to me because nothing is cut out. Thoughts?
Sir, do what ever you like. This is asking enough of one person as it is. I'm happy seeing my name up there and I hope this whole list gives others incentive to get out and do their best. I'm the dummy who videos everything but forgets to hold the phone to my head when starting. I'm in this to achieve personal bests as well as learn things from others in the speed run threads. Having too much fun for running in a straight line. but since we're on the subject, I did hit 112 mph over the weekend. (Stares awkwardly towards the ceiling:rolleyes:)

Sir, do what ever you like. This is asking enough of one person as it is. I'm happy seeing my name up there and I hope this whole list gives others incentive to get out and do their best. I'm the dummy who videos everything but forgets to hold the phone to my head when starting. I'm in this to achieve personal bests as well as learn things from others in the speed run threads. Having too much fun for running in a straight line. but since we're on the subject, I did hit 112 mph over the weekend. (Stares awkwardly towards the ceiling:rolleyes:)
Perfect timing; I literally just updated the list :cool: My primary goal is also beating my own PBs; I know I'll never be the fastest but I can have a blast trying.

@The Donut Man you can add the Limitless to the list🤘 first maiden passes today 102mph consistent on 6s geared as low as possible 😍 this thing is going to put up some big numbers for sure! Video to be put up later and first GoPro vid also!!
Screenshot_20210327-151524.png

SOMEONE FINALLY BEAT JOHNDILLY AND I?!?!
Ya long ago lol. He's actually got like 160's I believe on the Limitless. Can't believe you've never heard of @phildogg Phil Jolley check him out on you tube👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back