Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi just wanna share my run too, Arrma Limitless Openwheel 8S

Awesome pass and not losing it with that tire coming apart like that is just plain lucky. What an amazing place to do do speed passes as well.

Here are the PBs of all the speed freaks on this forum ranked for your viewing pleasure!

Please keep posting your runs in the other sticky'd thread "Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?" and I will update this list. My goal is to add new PBs and refresh the list weekly or semi-weekly depending on need, but please tag me if you notice something missing.

We do want you to keep posting runs of non-Arrma speed builds in their respective threads, but only Arrma-based platforms will be ranked here. Since this forum is for Arrma enthusiasts, we want this list to promote the speed running part of the R/C community by inspiring people with the crazy speeds Arrmas are capable of!

One more note: if you'd like your run verified by video, this is what I'll be looking for:
  • Zero out the GPS while the car is stationary
  • Record your run: a pass is considered clean if no crashes occur and if you drive the car independently back to the starting position
  • Once the car is brought back and has stopped moving, show the GPS display clearly
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, crashing during the run, or editing any cuts into the video
  • Show you cell count by showing clear battery markings or by showing the wire count on your balance plug (will have n+1 wires for LiPo with n cells). Make sure to clearly show series/parallel wiring harnesses if running multiple batteries
If you want your cell count recorded, please show your battery or the balance plug(s) and any parallel/series wiring if you have it. Also, I will accept videos where certain parts are sped up (getting the car to the starting position, bringing it back after the run, etc.) to 2X or 3X for the sake of time.

If all you have is a picture of the GPS next to your sweet ride, that's totally fine! Let's get out there and keep climbing!
It may be useful to have the date of run and, if possible, surface/air temp. If this is a spreadsheet, you can save a lot of room by reducing the width of the fields that do not need that much room. For example, Speed (MPH/KPH), Stretched?, Cell Count and Verified can all be made a bit smaller to accommodate the extra data. Just a thought. -Dave

It got a lot smaller with the advent of the Internet, ...which is fantastic I think.

Too much separatism in this world imho. We need to unite more and celebrate what makes us the same as well as different. 👍
The problem is that there are so many different cultures and religions and they all seem to have a very strict constitution regarding "their" rules as opposed to some other culture. This is not necessarily due to a belief system, but rather thousands of years of practiced traditions, faiths, and habits. We must face the fact that certain cultures will possibly never be able to coexsist with another culture that does not share the same aspirations or, sometimes, religions.

You are absolutely correct that there is too much separation in this world. I believe that religion has played a big part in that separation for thousands of years. And religion is buried deep in a country's culture. This will ALWAYS be that way. Also, although illogical, people seem to love fighting each other. It's hard-wired into us. And the country's leaders and types of governments differ too much in their ideals. But lack of government leads to anarchy. The other end of the spectrum is totalitarianism, which won't work either.

The only thing we can do is attempt to maintain peace at a reasonable cost. The USA has chosen to be the "police" of the world. Oil interests, banking, formidable military forces, and, oh yea, preventing Communism which is something that will never happen to us since here we all like to buy sh*t.

Sorry for the off-topic ramble. But again, I didn't start it!

It may be useful to have the date of run and, if possible, surface/air temp. If this is a spreadsheet, you can save a lot of room by reducing the width of the fields that do not need that much room. For example, Speed (MPH/KPH), Stretched?, Cell Count and Verified can all be made a bit smaller to accommodate the extra data. Just a thought. -Dave
So here are my thoughts on that. Everything on the list is meant to spur on friendly competition so members can duke it out for the fastest Limitless/Typhon on 6S/8S, Open Wheel/GT, etc. In my mind, date isn’t a category that helps the competition along. Plus the dates would be dependent on when people posted so it wouldn’t be all that accurate anyway.

Also I’ve only heard of the hardcore stats guys recording air and surface temps; I think if people want to see that data, they can go to the speed build logs where those members dig deep into the analysis.

So here are my thoughts on that. Everything on the list is meant to spur on friendly competition so members can duke it out for the fastest Limitless/Typhon on 6S/8S, Open Wheel/GT, etc. In my mind, date isn’t a category that helps the competition along. Plus the dates would be dependent on when people posted so it wouldn’t be all that accurate anyway.

Also I’ve only heard of the hardcore stats guys recording air and surface temps; I think if people want to see that data, they can go to the speed build logs where those members dig deep into the analysis.
I agree with almost all you have said. But, I only came up with those ideas after watching countless Youtube video runs. I am relatively new here and I haven't fully setup my Limitless, but I'm sure you'll see me again. Without publishing my resume again, I'll just say that I have been in the hobby for a long time. I am not new to 100mph (in 1/10 scale), but my guesstimated first PB will probably be 101.

With that being said, and if you still are reading, I'll try my best to at least explain my logic. A lot of guys mention the weather hot/cold as it could make the difference between hitting your goal or falling short. Air temp is not needed but surface temp for speed runs on asphalt?? Again, win or lose. The "date" I thought of only because if a person has a record that has stood for some time, I'm sure he would be proud to see that, and others will be hungrier to beat it. And, of course, the date would be entered as the date of the run, not the date of entry.

I'm not talking about creating classifications or verbose sensor-read information. The goal was to create a way of documenting a racer's progress in a simple way, and you certainly have done that. But the weather does play a vital role in a car's performance, surface temp may be the largest. Since we all run in different areas, from Austin, TX to Billings MT, it would be interesting to see how people deal with their elements.
Of course, people from San Diego, or Florida, would be charged a handicap point.

BTW, thank you for all the work you have put into this. Even if it ends up being version 1.0, it's a great chart.
You are also right about keeping it simple - sure, and we could still be running 7.4volt NiCads, doing around 30mph.
And I would always choose to contribute anything I thought was beneficial to the community, no matter how crazy it sounded.

Ideas are the genesis of creation. -Peace

Last edited:
I agree with almost all you have said. But, I only came up with those ideas after watching countless Youtube video runs. I am relatively new here and I haven't fully setup my Limitless, but I'm sure you'll see me again. Without publishing my resume again, I'll just say that I have been in the hobby for a long time. I am not new to 100mph (in 1/10 scale), but my guesstimated first PB will probably be 101.

With that being said, and if you still are reading, I'll try my best to at least explain my logic. A lot of guys mention the weather hot/cold as it could make the difference between hitting your goal or falling short. Air temp is not needed but surface temp for speed runs on asphalt?? Again, win or lose. The "date" I thought of only because if a person has a record that has stood for some time, I'm sure he would be proud to see that, and others will be hungrier to beat it. And, of course, the date would be entered as the date of the run, not the date of entry.

I'm not talking about creating classifications or verbose sensor-read information. The goal was to create a way of documenting a racer's progress in a simple way, and you certainly have done that. But the weather does play a vital role in a car's performance, surface temp may be the largest. Since we all run in different areas, from Austin, TX to Billings MT, it would be interesting to see how people deal with their elements.
Of course, people from San Diego, or Florida, would be charged a handicap point.

BTW, thank you for all the work you have put into this. Even if it ends up being version 1.0, it's a great chart.
You are also right about keeping it simple - sure, and we could still be running 7.4volt NiCads, doing around 30mph.
And I would always choose to contribute anything I thought was beneficial to the community, no matter how crazy it sounded.

Ideas are the genesis of creation. -Peace
I disagree with arbitrarily giving bonuses or penalizing people for environmental conditions. This isn't a worlds best leaderboard or anything, it is a friendly list of compiled PBs of people on the forum.

If someone is really interested in that close and intense competition, they can follow the Rossa requirements and submit a run there. Shoot, if it is really that important to make sure every possible advantage/disadvantage is accounted for, just run the salt flats with the big (1:1) boys. People travel the world for the 1:1 speed records, might as well travel to the salt flats for the RC crowd, too, right?

I disagree with arbitrarily giving bonuses or penalizing people for environmental conditions. This isn't a worlds best leaderboard or anything, it is a friendly list of compiled PBs of people on the forum.

If someone is really interested in that close and intense competition, they can follow the Rossa requirements and submit a run there. Shoot, if it is really that important to make sure every possible advantage/disadvantage is accounted for, just run the salt flats with the big (1:1) boys. People travel the world for the 1:1 speed records, might as well travel to the salt flats for the RC crowd, too, right?
I was KIDDING about the handicap. Did anyone else think I was serious?

Dammit man........well I'm going into 140s this week...anyone coming with me??????????im scared an don't want to go by myself.......jd come on....your infraction can do it...jd does your road have crown to it??????ever tried 137++++ run on non crowned rural road????

Dammit man........well I'm going into 140s this week...anyone coming with me??????????im scared an don't want to go by myself.......jd come on....your infraction can do it...jd does your road have crown to it??????ever tried 137++++ run on non crowned rural road????
Yep I have a crowned road with tar seals all over it. Wish I have a clean road as empty as this one usually is. They are hard to find. They only fix the busy ones. I am a good chassis away from my rebuild of the Infraction. Not going to run it again with the tweaked chassis. I will tear it down tomorrow and inspect what I have and compare it to the new chassis I got today that looks bent too.

List is updated! Thanks for the PBs everybody; we now have a Granite on the list (thanks to @Notorious J) and also FOUR spots in the 140s with @K-BASH's new PB. Keep 'em coming!
Thanks @The Donut Man for taking the time once again. The list is remarkable and I'm honored to be able to share space with some of the other names on the list.

Can someone explain why am I pulling 400amp with my setup and only doing 120mph? No matter what I do I can't get any higher.. is the max limit on 6S?

Car is built correctly and it is very smooth and stable.

1520/1650-mmx8s-panther 5000mah-GP5 gears from and back- 34P/29S-No cap pack

Maybe I need a better esc? XlX2?

PXL_20210613_182452174.jpg

PXL_20210613_183001276.jpg

PXL_20210613_183017475.jpg

PXL_20210613_183027526.jpg

PXL_20210613_183040361.jpg

Here is a video ....

Can someone explain why am I pulling 400amp with my setup and only doing 120mph? No matter what I do I can't get any higher.. is the max limit on 6S?

Car is built correctly and it is very smooth and stable.

1520/1650-mmx8s-panther 5000mah-GP5 gears from and back- 34P/29S-No cap pack

Maybe I need a better esc? XlX2?

View attachment 152049
View attachment 152050
View attachment 152051
View attachment 152052
View attachment 152053

Here is a video ....

Take what I say lightly, as I haven't run the 1520 (planning on getting one for my 3S car soon) but I'd guess it is the motor, not the ESC. You can only fit so many windings of any specific configuration in a can, and once you have capped out the watt output of a motor, it's really hard to get more from the motor itself. Aero can make the car go faster, as can other mechanical upgrades, but watts are watts. Rule of thumb is same motor with different windings will provide a different kv rating, but the same power output (torque vs rpm), and bigger motors can provide higher watt ratings.
Oh yeah, and the faster you go the harder it is to pick up a few more mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back