Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results from xlx2 I burnt up.NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. I was to scared to hook PC up to it to clear data logging .haven't had chance to call her yet.will update

View attachment 154139
I thought the one catching fire was the MMX8S. Almost sure they read the log and found the Amps draw.
$152.00 for a XLX2 replacement is almost $100.00 less than sales price. I wonder if would be the same price for a crash damage replacement?

It's an RC6GS. I didnt go very far. I was pretty nervous. I need a new spur and I will be out there. I have a goal of 110. I made the spur 2 teeth smaller
Triple digits around the corner. You matched my pass in the Granite and I'm just slightly behind you at 95 mph with the T3S. Canadians representing in the high speed battles!

Just got off phone with castle..sometimes it pays NOT to be an azzhole.talking with tech an bsd sodering is the culprit...I was polite an asked alot of questions, an he said that he appreciated me not fighting warranty an I told him truth on my setup an speedrunning an instead of having to pay 152$ he went an warranted it at end of call.HE MENTIONED PETER DIRKS WORLD RECORD ALSO.CC👍
Cc has a 100$ core charge on xlx2s.

Triple digits around the corner. You matched my pass in the Granite and I'm just slightly behind you at 95 mph with the T3S. Canadians representing in the high speed battles!
That was a small run. There is only one Hobby shop that has the spur. This time...I am setting my mesh correctly :ROFLMAO: I need them triple digits😁 I would have held it if the car wasn't there..But they were nice people. They slowed down for me!

That was a small run. There is only one Hobby shop that has the spur. This time...I am setting my mesh correctly :ROFLMAO: I need them triple digits😁 I would have held it if the car wasn't there..But they were nice people. They slowed down for me!
If you're running the stock spur, you're better off with the old motor mount. The old mount with the predrilled holes for different pinions has saved me tons of grief with spurs. I even found a hole setting that works with my new 31/45 setup by just slightly boring out one hole. To be honest, you can't set the mesh properly in the 3s/4s chassis because the slipper is not true (straight) until you put the rear cover on, so the mesh could still be off by a bit when you close it up.

If you're running the stock spur, you're better off with the old motor mount. The old mount with the predrilled holes for different pinions has saved me tons of grief with spurs. I even found a hole setting that works with my new 31/45 setup by just slightly boring out one hole. To be honest, you can't set the mesh properly in the 3s/4s chassis because the slipper is not true (straight) until you put the rear cover on, so the mesh could still be off by a bit when you close it up.
I run a spool

I run a spool
Same applies. When you set your mesh with the cover off, the spool might seemed centered when you spin it in the front bearing. When you close the cover, it could be off by even a small amount, but that could be enough to throw the whole mesh off. I might end up cutting a hole in the rear cover so I can see the mesh when it's closed. Open cover on a speed runner means nothing.

Mojave EXB XLX2 2028-1100kv 8S (CNHL 4S 6000 G+ x 2) GRP 1:5

5CDD46FC-0F70-4180-B397-2F110E065EE6.png

E122AF38-36F1-47CA-8549-21D6BE71E847.png

1625524175930.png

Last edited:
Was this the maiden pass too? Badass brother can't wait to see the video🤘
A really third pull. First pull got loose at 94mph and let off. Second pull did a backflip at 100mph and stuck the landing, drive it back. Third pull changed my direction to with the wind and held it down. 107mph and felt like I left a little out there too. I for sure need to work on the aero to keep it shiny side up. Will get that dialed in before changing any gearing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back