Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty amazing to see the numbers you’re posting with your Mojave build. Seems like you’ve got that class dialed in almost perfect. Look forward to seeing those numbers rise even more.

I never had any interest in the Mojave, but now I’m wondering if that’s my next project. I’m stuck between a GT build or Mojave!🤔
Eventually this car will have to transition to a GT body as well. Not there yet as I still have steps to take, but eventually it will get Limitless towers and shocks too.

I wonder why my Infraction 105mph pass got bumped off the list?🤔 It was on the last list!🤷🏻‍♂️

I wonder why my Infraction 105mph pass got bumped off the list?🤔 It was on the last list!🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ll check the previous list and compare with this one; I might’ve mistaken a new PB of yours with a run from another rig. Thanks for saying something!

Here are the PBs of all the speed freaks on this forum ranked for your viewing pleasure!

Please keep posting your runs in the other sticky'd thread "Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?" and I will update this list. My goal is to add new PBs and refresh the list every 1-2 weeks depending on need, but please tag me if you notice something missing.

We do want you to keep posting runs of non-Arrma speed builds in their respective threads, but only Arrma-based platforms will be ranked here. Since this forum is for Arrma enthusiasts, we want this list to promote the speed running part of the R/C community by inspiring people with the crazy speeds Arrmas are capable of!

One more note: if you'd like your run verified by video, this is what I'll be looking for:
  • Zero out the GPS while the car is stationary
  • Record your run: a pass is considered clean if no crashes occur and if you drive the car independently back to the starting position
  • Once the car is brought back and has stopped moving, show the GPS display clearly
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, crashing during the run, or editing any cuts into the video
  • Show you cell count by showing clear battery markings or by showing the wire count on your balance plug (will have n+1 wires for LiPo with n cells). Make sure to clearly show series/parallel wiring harnesses if running multiple batteries
If you want your cell count recorded, please show your battery or the balance plug(s) and any parallel/series wiring if you have it. Also, I will accept videos where certain parts are sped up (getting the car to the starting position, bringing it back after the run, etc.) to 2X or 3X for the sake of time.

If all you have is a picture of the GPS next to your sweet ride, that's totally fine! Let's get out there and keep climbing!

View attachment 163042
Can we get an update on the list please @The Donut Man

Wow.
Been alot of movement at the top of the list!
Wicked!!!
Right we've all been killing it! Especially considering lowest pass is at 102mph! Gotta be in the 100mph club to even make the list🤘🏼 Great job everyone let's push it up further and make our lowest in the 110's👊🏼

Right we've all been killing it! Especially considering lowest pass is at 102mph! Gotta be in the 100mph club to even make the list🤘🏼 Great job everyone let's push it up further and make our lowest in the 110's👊🏼
Yh i seen that. 100mph to get on list now.
Its crazy.

I see youve sorted your problem.
Up in 140s.

Congrats.

Yh i seen that. 100mph to get on list now.
Its crazy.

I see youve sorted your problem.
Up in 140s.

Congrats.
Yep finally got it figured out thank god! Just wish I'd have considered and switched the driveshafts out long ago and saved quite a bit of cash but it is what it is. Extremely happy to be back on the PB chase and pushing to my 150mph goal🤘🏼 you've been killing it also keep it up!

I wish I could hang with u guys.:(
I haven't even seen a 100 yet. No space, although she has long legs for sure. (Lim)
Stuck in mid -high 90's. Consistently at least. :) Still scouting places an hour drive away. Have all the range I need with my Tx.
I know I'm a lightweight.:ROFLMAO:

Yep finally got it figured out thank god! Just wish I'd have considered and switched the driveshafts out long ago and saved quite a bit of cash but it is what it is. Extremely happy to be back on the PB chase and pushing to my 150mph goal🤘🏼 you've been killing it also keep it up!
Yeh you close to that 150 now.
Keep pushing.

Ima go for few runs next week
Hopefully gain s few mph 8s limitless and 4s typhon.

If my 105 mph stock motor Granite leaves the list, I'll quit speed running altogether😂

If my 105 mph stock motor Granite leaves the list, I'll quit speed running altogether😂
I feel for ya on that!
My 2s 86 mph Limitless fell off the list at some point. Felt like a big accomplishment at the time....

See and I think it would be awesome to see it split up by cell count as 86mph on 2s is insane and not an easy feat by any means. Also like myself and Tazz pushing on 4s as it's a whole different game than making 6s and 8s passes for sure. Or like @Notorious J pushing the Granite which is less than a speed run car by any means just think we need different categories or classes instead of just top speed considered.

I hope I will be moving up soon. Both trucks are running real nice and went down the road without much fight in pretty strong winds today. My radio range is longer than ever. I am pretty sure I can push my starting line down another 100ft now. My big end is shadows and hard to stay in it knowing the car is going to disappear. All that said, I bumped up the gears tonight in anticipation of getting back out as soon as possible.

I hope I will be moving up soon. Both trucks are running real nice and went down the road without much fight in pretty strong winds today. My radio range is longer than ever. I am pretty sure I can push my starting line down another 100ft now. My big end is shadows and hard to stay in it knowing the car is going to disappear. All that said, I bumped up the gears tonight in anticipation of getting back out as soon as possible.
The wind today. I did a pass where there were two separate flips! One where it came back down on the wheels and a second right after where it landed on the roof. Can't wait to download the footage and watch it in slow mo. Did I learn my lesson? Hell no! Did a couple of low 120 passes and then, while showing off to some onlookers who stopped to watch, did another 180 flip where it went 100 feet down the road on the roof. Still no damage to the car except for the ever increasing size of the sunroof🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back