Typhon Speed Run Steering Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickelburger

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey Peeps,
I am looking for some steering setup advice. Currently pushing Mid 90's with my Stock typhon but cant seem to get her to run in a straight line.
Its like i'm constantly fighting to keep it straight at speed.
Any help or advice on Car and transmitter would be much appreciated.

Have you turned your steering dual rate down (slow)?
At higher speeds you need your steering input to be slower as otherwise the car will veer around more easily. It takes a while to get used to because at slower speeds the steering will react much slower than you're probably used to but for high speeds it's what you need.

If you click on my "Build Thread Contributor" badge it will link you to my Typhon 6S speed run build which hopefully might have some things for you to try on your own Typhon.

Also here is a good video by a speed runner called Raz Shifrin were he discusses other speed run tips etc that may help you out.

Hey Peeps,
I am looking for some steering setup advice. Currently pushing Mid 90's with my Stock typhon but cant seem to get her to run in a straight line.
Its like i'm constantly fighting to keep it straight at speed.
Any help or advice on Car and transmitter would be much appreciated.
I would be checking your tires #1. Try to get the front tires as perfectly straight as possible, with just maybe 1 degree of negative camber. Some guys also run a degree of negative caster too, but I like mine straight as an arrow. You may also need to balance your tires. What tires are you running? Are they warm enough? Are they sticky?

Other issues are aero dynamics. Are you running the stock wing? Try something flatter. Like a sheet of carbon fiber. You don’t need any additional drag.

Lastly, get your ride height as low as it can go. Chassis scrapes are part of the hobby at times. Especially if your road isn’t perfectly flat. Make sure you find the freshest, flattest road.

Have you turned your steering dual rate down (slow)?
At higher speeds you need your steering input to be slower as otherwise the car will veer around more easily. It takes a while to get used to because at slower speeds the steering will react much slower than you're probably used to but for high speeds it's what you need.

If you click on my "Build Thread Contributor" badge it will link you to my Typhon 6S speed run build which hopefully might have some things for you to try on your own Typhon.

Also here is a good video by a speed runner called Raz Shifrin were he discusses other speed run tips etc that may help you out.
I have turned the D/R down a bit, but find it hard to turn and straighten up at the start of the run.
I have watched Raz’s video when it came out but will definately watch it again. So much info on there.
Thanks
BTW love you speed build thread. So informative. Helped me pull the trigger on getting a typhon
I would be checking your tires #1. Try to get the front tires as perfectly straight as possible, with just maybe 1 degree of negative camber. Some guys also run a degree of negative caster too, but I like mine straight as an arrow. You may also need to balance your tires. What tires are you running? Are they warm enough? Are they sticky?

Other issues are aero dynamics. Are you running the stock wing? Try something flatter. Like a sheet of carbon fiber. You don’t need any additional drag.

Lastly, get your ride height as low as it can go. Chassis scrapes are part of the hobby at times. Especially if your road isn’t perfectly flat. Make sure you find the freshest, flattest road.
Tyres are GRP S4. Only had 2 weeks old. They seems sticky. I do a little burnout before a run to get some heat into them. I should look at giving them a balance. Didn’t think about that.

I have the rear camber at about almost 0.
Probs need to work on the front. Chassis is super low. Plenty of scrapes. I’m not worried about that.

I made a CF flat wing out of a 1/5baja wing.
Tried it. Then tried the stock back on it and felt slightly more stable. Am I not going fast enough for a flat wing? Pushing mid 90’s on stock.
Thanks for the info. I’ll give these a try

Attachments

• 721C6BD1-7060-437B-9263-FC696E244BAB.jpeg
    721C6BD1-7060-437B-9263-FC696E244BAB.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I have turned the D/R down a bit, but find it hard to turn and straighten up at the start of the run.
I have watched Raz’s video when it came out but will definately watch it again. So much info on there.
Thanks
BTW love you speed build thread. So informative. Helped me pull the trigger on getting a typhon

Tyres are GRP S4. Only had 2 weeks old. They seems sticky. I do a little burnout before a run to get some heat into them. I should look at giving them a balance. Didn’t think about that.

I have the rear camber at about almost 0.
Probs need to work on the front. Chassis is super low. Plenty of scrapes. I’m not worried about that.

I made a CF flat wing out of a 1/5baja wing.
Tried it. Then tried the stock back on it and felt slightly more stable. Am I not going fast enough for a flat wing? Pushing mid 90’s on stock.
Thanks for the info. I’ll give these a try
I’ve found above 80mph my Typhon wing induced the front to lift. Took it off and was able to hit 93mph when I wasn’t able to get above 85 before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back