Talion Speed Run Tires For Talion EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan9888

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to see how fast I can push my Talion EXB on a stock ESC and Spektrum 2050kv motor. I'm hitting 85mph consistently, without any heat problems on Sweeps Road Crushers. These wheels are nice, but they're insanely heavy.

I'm considering 1/5 GRPs, but I've heard they're heavy (although there aren't any weight specs anywhere online). I've heard mixed things about Hoons at high speed. I'm conidering Sweeps Max Forward Foam wheels, but I'm unsure about their longevity on such a heavy (18 lb.) truck.

Wondering if anybody has a recommendation on a 100mph wheel/tire? Cheers!

20221022_195653.jpg

I think the methodRC SC tires are good for 100 mph on the talion. Smaller diameter than the sweeps and a helluva lot lighter. I also think the 1/5th grps are a really good option to consider as well but you have to drop the extra 50$ on the adapters. I actually have 1/5th grps on my talion right now.

I just posted this in another thread but it applies here too. This is with the method RC SC tires.

I think the methodRC SC tires are good for 100 mph on the talion. Smaller diameter than the sweeps and a helluva lot lighter. I also think the 1/5th grps are a really good option to consider as well but you have to drop the extra 50$ on the adapters. I actually have 1/5th grps on my talion right now.

I just posted this in another thread but it applies here too. This is with the method RC SC tires.
Appreciate it! The Method RC wheels look pretty nice, I've never heard of them. Sweet car by the way!

I'd go 1/5th GRP. They weigh about 225g each compared to the Sweeps which are over 320g. I've got some foamed up by Gone Bananas and those come in around 200g. The rim is strong (probably better quality than the Sweeps) which your gonna need to keep the wheels from flexing at higher speeds. If you go smaller diameter the PowerHobby Grippers are a good pick or just get some BSR buggy foams that speedrunners use on the Limitless. You'd have to change your suspension setup cause you'd be lower to the ground but that helps get more speed plus the buggy tires are even lighter at around 135 to 150g each. Lighter wheels help you get higher RPMs without doing damage to your drive train like the Sweeps would.

I'd go 1/5th GRP. They weigh about 225g each compared to the Sweeps which are over 320g. I've got some foamed up by Gone Bananas and those come in around 200g. The rim is strong (probably better quality than the Sweeps) which your gonna need to keep the wheels from flexing at higher speeds. If you go smaller diameter the PowerHobby Grippers are a good pick or just get some BSR buggy foams that speedrunners use on the Limitless. You'd have to change your suspension setup cause you'd be lower to the ground but that helps get more speed plus the buggy tires are even lighter at around 135 to 150g each. Lighter wheels help you get higher RPMs without doing damage to your drive train like the Sweeps would.
Ah thank you for the weight specs! I can't tell you how long I've spent searching for those!

Hey guys, I'm trying to see how fast I can push my Talion EXB on a stock ESC and Spektrum 2050kv motor. I'm hitting 85mph consistently, without any heat problems on Sweeps Road Crushers. These wheels are nice, but they're insanely heavy.

I'm considering 1/5 GRPs, but I've heard they're heavy (although there aren't any weight specs anywhere online). I've heard mixed things about Hoons at high speed. I'm conidering Sweeps Max Forward Foam wheels, but I'm unsure about their longevity on such a heavy (18 lb.) truck.

Wondering if anybody has a recommendation on a 100mph wheel/tire? Cheers!

View attachment 269372
85mph?…..With that ESC???….. What size pinion and spur are you running?

85mph?…..With that ESC???….. What size pinion and spur are you running?
That's on a 27T pinion / 45T Spur and Spektrum 150A ESC (and a very powerful fan lol). It definitely takes some space to get to that speed though, almost a quarter mile!

Screenshot_20221106-092539_RC Gears (002).jpg

Last edited:
That's on a 27T pinion / 45T Spur and Spektrum 150A ESC (and a very powerful fan lol). It definitely takes some space to get to that speed though, almost a quarter mile!

View attachment 269406
That’s a good effort. I could only reach 80 with the BLX185 similar tyres.
Struggled getting to full throttle but I was geared at 34/39.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back