Typhon Speed runner Typhon 6S ~ UK built fast, not bought fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope the weather plays nice this year for the event. Looking forward to seeing some big numbers with that monster ESC!
Me too. The weather is always the critical component more out of our control than anything else.

I will be easing myself into using the XLX2 gently. As long as I beat my PB for starters I will be happy. 😉

With less than a week now to the first ROSSA UK speed championships event of 2021 I'm so excited to see how my Arrma's do (one Serpent RC too) I can barely sleep. :LOL:

Drove the Typhon for the very first time last weekend with it's new set up ~ just did a few 70-80mph passes in a small local industrial estate but that was enough to make sure it was running straight and that the brakes worked well.
172 Testing before ROSSA.jpg

Only problem I had was one of the motor wires plugged into the ESC actually unplugged itself but I'm sure that was down to the uneven/bumpy surface on the industrial estate. Hopefully it was just a one off.

With less than a week now to the first ROSSA UK speed championships event of 2021 I'm so excited to see how my Arrma's do (one Serpent RC too) I can barely sleep. :LOL:

Drove the Typhon for the very first time last weekend with it's new set up ~ just did a few 70-80mph passes in a small local industrial estate but that was enough to make sure it was running straight and that the brakes worked well.
View attachment 150390

Only problem I had was one of the motor wires plugged into the ESC actually unplugged itself but I'm sure that was down to the uneven/bumpy surface on the industrial estate. Hopefully it was just a one off.
Looks awesome! Gonna produce some serious numbers! (FAST) 👍 🤙

Looking good..!!
Good luck next week 👍🏼
Thanks for that.
Touch wood that we have good weather. (y)

Looks awesome! Gonna produce some serious numbers! (FAST) 👍 🤙
Thank you, been 2 years in the making.

I don't mind gently building up to the higher speeds and I am happy as long as it beats my current PB (114.78mph). ;)

Thanks for that.
Touch wood that we have good weather. (y)

Thank you, been 2 years in the making.

I don't mind gently building up to the higher speeds and I am happy as long as it beats my current PB (114.78mph). ;)
I've got one on the bench I'm taking my time with. Hope it turns out half as nice! Don't think you'll have an issue with a new PB! ;)

I've got one on the bench I'm taking my time with. Hope it turns out half as nice! Don't think you'll have an issue with a new PB! ;)
Thanks will post in this thread with the results once I am back. :)

Hope your build goes well.
I think it's a lot better now for people with Typhon's to get good parts as centre spools, low profile shock towers etc are readily available now thanks to the Limitless being released as well as more manufacturers getting in on making upgrade parts.
If you've a build thread feel free to add a link as it is always interesting to see what others are doing. (y)

I think it's a lot better now for people with Typhon's to get good parts as centre spools, low profile shock towers etc are readily available now thanks to the Limitless being released as well as more manufacturers getting in on making upgrade parts.
If you've a build thread feel free to add a link as it is always interesting to see what others are doing. (y)
Been buying parts little at a time. Castle combo next. I’ll definitely make another build thread once I’m further along with my Typhon. Gonna be a beauty!🤞🏼

18DF0740-4409-4AC9-BC6F-2D39225B4A53.jpeg

66CDD97E-67E0-4083-BBB3-5087622A5B26.jpeg

CA8B4934-339C-4EE2-991F-7F4111C6FC08.jpeg

4B9350D9-9AEC-49E5-AD92-B6E819ACEBE8.jpeg

414452F6-66AA-4F73-8BCF-FFA1DCF23052.jpeg

8063DB90-ABDB-4B52-AD16-B100BDD6FD3A.jpeg

60562FE2-58DD-43D3-A444-C5859F79FB7E.jpeg

9319FDEF-7EAA-4B67-85BE-A4B311F83DE7.jpeg

0C508721-3A95-460D-8C54-D502A29D81FC.jpeg

@Harriot10 what a gorgeous Typhon. Lot's of thought gone it to that. :love: :cool:
Let me know when you get a build thread going. Good way to log your progress and help others with their own builds. ;)

@LibertyMKiii thanks and so far the weather looks promising. Will stretch out those bullets now actually before I forget thank you. (y)

@Harriot10 what a gorgeous Typhon. Lot's of thought gone it to that. :love: :cool:
Let me know when you get a build thread going. Good way to log your progress and help others with their own builds. ;)

@LibertyMKiii thanks and so far the weather looks promising. Will stretch out those bullets now actually before I forget thank you. (y)
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. This is my first build for speed and need all the help I can get. I will start a build thread soon. I've got so many question on how to do things the right way. I don't want to break any world records, but love this hobby and enjoy the challenge. I thank everyone for their help!

Just to update the ROSSA event I attended last weekend was an awesome event and the busiest one I've ever seen.

The Typhon performed flawlessly and had so much more in it than I achieved at the event but took my time building up with the speeds and learning to get my pulls right.

I got an unofficial GPS PB of 127mph during practicing and then ran the Typhon through the traps for an official ROSSA PB of 125.6mph.
08 Practice runs confirmed GPS 127mph @ROSSA.jpg

10 ROSSA 2nd trap result of 125.6mph for my Typhon 6S run.jpg

The Typhon drove impeccably and I can't wait to let it rip again at the next ROSSA UK event which is in August now.
Short video below from the event.

Just to update the ROSSA event I attended last weekend was an awesome event and the busiest one I've ever seen.

The Typhon performed flawlessly and had so much more in it than I achieved at the event but took my time building up with the speeds and learning to get my pulls right.

I got an unofficial GPS PB of 127mph during practicing and then ran the Typhon through the traps for an official ROSSA PB of 125.6mph.
View attachment 153174

View attachment 153175

The Typhon drove impeccably and I can't wait to let it rip again at the next ROSSA UK event which is in August now.
Short video below from the event.

That’s awesome! Nice PB, and I’m glad the Typhon performed well. 👍🏼😎 I wish there was an event here in the US like that.

That’s awesome! Nice PB, and I’m glad the Typhon performed well. 👍🏼😎 I wish there was an event here in the US like that.
Thanks. :)

I know in the past Philip Jolley has run using ROSSA officially recognised timing traps so there are some guys in the US able to set up the events it just takes some work and a good location. ;)

So that I can see the Typhon easier at a distance and also my Limitless I had to try a new idea. Drone LED strobe lights as I had seen another speed runner using them.

So I bought this one from eBay to try: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334000786383?hash=item4dc3ff8bcf:g:fgoAAOSwzElgniu-

Knocked up a quick little carbon fibre mount that I cable tied just below my rear wing.

177 New rear strobe light mount.jpg

Best picture I could capture of it working. Very neat little thing and super bright.
178 Strobe LED.jpg

As it is attached with velcro to the mount I can easily remove it and fix it to my Limitless or vice a versa. (y)

Finally put a build thread together! 👍 Thanks for all your help and ideas! Link to my thread below 👇

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/harriot10-typhon-6s-build-log.42275/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back