Speed runner Typhon 6S ~ UK built fast, not bought fast

phildogg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
It is great to see you on here again Philip. (y)
It was watching your videos that first got me interested in the whole "R/c speed runs" and obviously you have been some what inspirational to me (as well as helpful answering some of my questions).

I'm having a lot of fun with my Typhon and have made some good progress I think from what it was as standard. Hoping to get it all put back together after my first bump for a few runs on Sunday weather permitting.

Re: the rear wing ~ definitely going to address this issue sooner rather than later. Just need to decide on material to use, design etc and start trying to fabricate something. Any tips always welcome. Thanks.
i appreciate the kind words, and help where i can. i have used lexan and alum for wings. both work equally well. I look forward to your progress.

GMballistic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon

So happy that it's all back together now. :D
In the end I had to replace the front lower suspension arm, a pivot ball, a shock mount pin and the lower hinge pin. Everything else seems to be straight and true.

I've re-checked my suspension measurements and measured from set points on the car to see it's equal on both sides. All I can do now is test run it ASAP to make sure that it tracks straight.

Weather is forecast as wet for tomorrow but Sunday should be dry. Fingers crossed I can get it out then. (y)

GMballistic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon
Was hoping to get the Typhon out Sunday but that is not going to happen now. :(
I have been doing some pre-run checks this evening and noticed 4WD was not working as it should as the front wheels weren't rotating, ...traced the issue to a missing pin on one of the out drive cups connected to my Hot Racing centre spool.

I can't see though how it has come out as the rubber o-ring designed to hold it in place is still intact (plus I added a drop of super glue to it when I originally assembled it). My best guess is that the glue didn't do its job and the pin fell out before I put the o-ring in place meaning that my last few speed runs were all done with only 2WD (rear wheel drive only).

Could be why I had my crash too??!
If only the rear wheels where being driven then it will have been only them braking, so essentially like pulling up the handbrake when trying to brake which caused the back end to step out of line.

More waiting for parts now. Grrrhhh.

GMballistic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon
Maybe instead of the o ring, a piece of shrink tubing would work......
Thanks for the idea that's great. I will definitely try that. (y)

Looked and can't find the pin where I was working on my car so it's a mystery where that went. Definitely needs to be more secure next time.

Dutch213

Jump it, Break it, Fix it
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton, Talion, Typhon, Notorious
View attachment 32653

View attachment 32654

So happy that it's all back together now. :D
In the end I had to replace the front lower suspension arm, a pivot ball, a shock mount pin and the lower hinge pin. Everything else seems to be straight and true.

I've re-checked my suspension measurements and measured from set points on the car to see it's equal on both sides. All I can do now is test run it ASAP to make sure that it tracks straight.

Weather is forecast as wet for tomorrow but Sunday should be dry. Fingers crossed I can get it out then. (y)
those tires are not looking so good... how may passes do you have on them so far?

cootertwo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon
I think the pin is the same diameter as the wheel pins, if that helps, just guessing.

GMballistic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon
those tires are not looking so good... how may passes do you have on them so far?
A fair few including lots of shall we say practice and warm up runs. They do look better in person though and still have a good depth of tread on them which the picture doesn't capture.

I think the pin is the same diameter as the wheel pins, if that helps, just guessing.
I did check this before I ordered the pins I need because I have a few other spare parts and wondered if any of them would do.

They're different part numbers, I know that doesn't always necessarily mean different sizes but the drive cup pins I need are 2.25mmx9.8mm whereas the wheel hub pins are 2.5mmx16.8mm.

Thank you though all the same. (y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Walküre Typhon 3
R Vorteks 0
Walküre Wheels & Tires 1
JordanF Outcast & Notorious 11