Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice passes Jon. Not sure if it was just me, but the audio cut out in two different places on this video. Never got to hear the convo between you and the guy in the F150.

Look at you. Already up on me by 1 mph and you've barely got your feet wet. Very nice and a huge congratulations!
Hmm... I keep having issues with audio exporting correctly. I will try updating my software. Thanks for letting me know. I don't usually review before I upload, maybe I should start doing that first. I was in a rush today to get out the door.

Hmm... I keep having issues with audio exporting correctly. I will try updating my software. Thanks for letting me know. I don't usually review before I upload, maybe I should start doing that first. I was in a rush today to get out the door.
yep i had same issues when i watched it!started to comment something but thought it might be me

I wanted to build a 100mph tire shredding street basher…..

Confirmed 👍😁
1DEEE1F0-CB0D-406B-9197-B34B88D5F6E7.jpeg

90 degrees today...still to hot for my setup.118mph test pass.xlx 165... tp5670 150.. on 7s with no fans..nice strait pass.id say 80% full throttle.matched shakedown passes JD🤙

View attachment 169625
Logs from today,1 to 1 ,6 pole...is this right,can't remember. Geared way to high an xlx shutting down.got way hot,to much load.drop 3 teeth ,add fans,try in cooler air.

20210917_162850.jpg

20210917_162826.jpg

20210917_162730.jpg

Nice passes Jon. Not sure if it was just me, but the audio cut out in two different places on this video. Never got to hear the convo between you and the guy in the F150.

Look at you. Already up on me by 1 mph and you've barely got your feet wet. Very nice and a huge congratulations!
Thanks @Notorious J! I geared down a little and made some passes this evening. Wasn't looking for a PB, but trying to figure out some issues. I can make it go FAST, but staying straight is a different story! :cry: Constantly pulling left or right! Crashed at 119mph tonight, both batteries ejected!:oops: Luckily minor damage. Thought I lost a battery in the tall swampy grass, one last look when we were leaving and my buddy found it. Back to the steering issue, somethings gotta give! Maybe my pillar ball retainers are a touch too tight. 🤷‍♂️ I'm running outta things to check. I've got the TP 4070 2250kv arriving any day, shipping's taking a while. Hopefully I can get it together and put up some good numbers next weekend.🤞

Thanks @Notorious J! I geared down a little and made some passes this evening. Wasn't looking for a PB, but trying to figure out some issues. I can make it go FAST, but staying straight is a different story! :cry: Constantly pulling left or right! Crashed at 119mph tonight, both batteries ejected!:oops: Luckily minor damage. Thought I lost a battery in the tall swampy grass, one last look when we were leaving and my buddy found it. Back to the steering issue, somethings gotta give! Maybe my pillar ball retainers are a touch too tight. 🤷‍♂️ I'm running outta things to check. I've got the TP 4070 2250kv arriving any day, shipping's taking a while. Hopefully I can get it together and put up some good numbers next weekend.🤞
Yep this is the hardest thing to get right IMO, but when you do get it lined out, it makes passes so much more enjoyable. Take the servo arm off the servo and check for binding. You want it free moving with no resistance. Also check all arms for slop too.

What diff fluid you running??traxxas 20 million or scorched lockers for good strait pulls above 130s..ya want all 4 tires clawing into road hard.
With car on stand, turn left front slowly..what happens when you do this.all 4 tires should turn.if not your getting more 1 wheel peal than you want..causing car to vear left or right..
90% of the time I loose traction car gos off the left side of road..

Last edited:
What diff fluid you running??traxxas 20 million or scorched lockers for good strait pulls above 130s..ya want all 4 tires clawing into road hard.
With car on stand, turn left front slowly..what happens when you do this.all 4 tires should turn.if not your getting more 1 wheel peal than you want..causing car to vear left or right..
90% of the time I loose traction car gos off the left side of road..
I'm running 500k/F and 300k/R, also shimmed! I don't think its a diff issue. The more I think about it, somethings gotta be binding. I thought it was the stock servo, so I upgraded and NO difference. Camber and toe have been adjusted numerous times (not the problem). It's kinda silly, the car will pull one direction and I correct it with trim and it will go straight for a few and it will start pulling to the opposite direction. IDK, but it's pissing me off! :mad:

I'm running 500k/F and 300k/R, also shimmed! I don't think its a diff issue. The more I think about it, somethings gotta be binding. I thought it was the stock servo, so I upgraded and NO difference. Camber and toe have been adjusted numerous times (not the problem). It's kinda silly, the car will pull one direction and I correct it with trim and it will go straight for a few and it will start pulling to the opposite direction. IDK, but it's pissing me off! :mad:
Alot of it has to do with torque steer. The hardest thing about doing consistently good speed runs is super steady and level throttle control. Once you're up over 100 to 110 mph, any little blip in the throttle can cause the car to move. If I'm not straight off the line to the half way point, chances are I'm going to try to correct and as soon as I do, my brain starts to concentrate on steering and loses focus on throttle control then boom, I'm veering off. This is my experience anyways and maybe not the same for everyone. All my best passes over 120, the car was coming straight down the line intended and little to know adjustments in the steering were needed. If I had a wider road, I might be able to let it go off line a bit without worrying, but where I run now, that's not an option. I put 20M in like @K-BASH said, and it helps, but it's still in the hands of the driver to get it down the road smooth and straight.

Servo saver is ok? I always found it a bit sloppy stock so I added some shims underneath the spring to tighten it up :)

You definitely need to go thicker,the thicker ya go the more the power gets to all 4 tires.all 4 tires pulling will push car strait.with your setup a little bump at 100+ under power an car will diff-out an tires explodes an you crash.

You definitely need to go thicker,the thicker ya go the more the power gets to all 4 tires.all 4 tires pulling will push car strait.with your setup a little bump at 100+ under power an car will diff-out an tires explodes an you crash.
Yes and no there are a lot of guys such as Phil I believe that run stock fluids. Just have to have a good road with no bumps or cracks etc. I'd have to look but think I ran up to 137 with stock fluids in the Limitless.

Yes and no there are a lot of guys such as Phil I believe that run stock fluids. Just have to have a good road with no bumps or cracks etc. I'd have to look but think I ran up to 137 with stock fluids in the Limitless.
Phil kills me,he makes it look so easy.open diffs 140+.one of his videos all the suspension mounts had lots of slop in them.he said that's how he liked it.NO PUND INTENDED

Phil kills me,he makes it look so easy.open diffs 140+.one of his videos all the suspension mounts had lots of slop in them.he said that's how he liked it.NO PUND INTENDED
Right like his new video I seen today got a bad start and not the best pull still pulled 151mph...
Sucks I was hoping to get the Typhon out to see how the new 9500mAh pack hold voltage but winds blowing like a freight train today...

Well guys this happened to me today, at 119 I hit the curb on left side and totaled my Lim! After complete teardown I discovered a rear diff sun gear split in two and left rear bearing out of its place in case, xlx2 is gonzo as it got hit hard and both wires and some of the epoxy came out with them as well as physical damage to the case, motor also damaged badly end bell is bent and screws that retain it made nice oval holes in the can where they thread into lots of broken parts, 2 brand new cnhl lipos done for as well ! 😭😭😭
18633E59-1D7A-402A-BFFD-BAA344E482A9.jpeg
18633E59-1D7A-402A-BFFD-BAA344E482A9.jpeg

Well guys this happened to me today, at 119 I hit the curb on left side and totaled my Lim! After complete teardown I discovered a rear diff sun gear split in two and left rear bearing out of its place in case, xlx2 is gonzo as it got hit hard and both wires and some of the epoxy came out with them as well as physical damage to the case, motor also damaged badly end bell is bent and screws that retain it made nice oval holes in the can where they thread into lots of broken parts, 2 brand new cnhl lipos done for as well ! 😭😭😭View attachment 169804View attachment 169804
Sorry brother,as we all know it's part of speedrunning.its discouraged,but don't give up.
Curbs are speeders worst enemies.try and find a road w/o curbs.grass is great,but finding car can be a challenge.

Well guys this happened to me today, at 119 I hit the curb on left side and totaled my Lim! After complete teardown I discovered a rear diff sun gear split in two and left rear bearing out of its place in case, xlx2 is gonzo as it got hit hard and both wires and some of the epoxy came out with them as well as physical damage to the case, motor also damaged badly end bell is bent and screws that retain it made nice oval holes in the can where they thread into lots of broken parts, 2 brand new cnhl lipos done for as well ! 😭😭😭View attachment 169804View attachment 169804
I find your dedication to total annihilation commendable!

New road and some first passes. Pulled a 118 mph pass today but also had the car flip on a 114 mph pass. Third time it's flipped and landed flat on the roof then skidding down the road. Only damage is the holes around the edges of the roof line opened up again and the wing is a little shorter🤣 Oh, almost forgot. The antenna wires are a little shorter too. Even with the covers I added, it dragged so long, it melted them down and took a tiny bit of wire with them🤷🏻‍♂️

20210918_143527-01.jpeg

Back