Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walked up road to test new setupgot up the rode gave it 2 little blips,an took off full bore.75mph into curbs completely totalled. start building another.

16346841375367947165402841691860.jpg

20211019_175029.jpg

20211019_175042.jpg

Diff in street

16346845406722004496989691938731.jpg

16346845981826479313528457403295.jpg

Walked up road to test new setupgot up the rode gave it 2 little blips,an took off full bore.75mph into curbs completely totalled. start building another.

View attachment 175050

View attachment 175051

View attachment 175052
Diff in street

View attachment 175053

View attachment 175054
Damn bro absolutely hate to see this! Hopefully the new build runs like a top and gets you back pushing PB's! Let me know if there's anything I might have I can send ya for the tower when you can get it sent out👍🏼

Diff in street

What the heck man! That makes me sick to my stomach.... :sick: Sorry brother!
I have not seen that occur with aftermarket radios. That seemed to be a thing with the RTR radios for a while.

Any idea why it happened? I run the same radio so that has me a bit worried.

Before crashing yesterday. I ran it in xxl typhon at spot cut left off road at 100+.once it started rolling the throttle stuck wide open during crash.had to be a damaged reciever..🤷‍♂️
That’s a tough loss! Wonder what was the cause? Do you calibrate often?
I calibrated before running cause I installed different motor.

Heres the receiver,tips of antennas where missing

View attachment 175275

Could a airplane receiver like this work in. Speedrun an work with radiolink remote?2.1miles of range!!!!!!!@

View attachment 175276
Those tip's are the actual antenna's, so it does explain a lot. Mechanical failure, not the radio. Does RL offer a failsafe setting?

As for the airplane receiver, that will likely work. The marketed range is for in air though, on the surface it will be less.

Those tip's are the actual antenna's, so it does explain a lot. Mechanical failure, not the radio. Does RL offer a failsafe setting?

As for the airplane receiver, that will likely work. The marketed range is for in air though, on the surface it will be less.
My fail safe is set to 4%reverse throttle.thats only works when I loss signal.when it took off I shut the remote off ,but to late to slow car.
Why were the tips missing? From the crash or prior?
Any receiver will work. The other one has a build in gyro, this one doesn't.
Kbash syle.drive it like ya stole.$hit missing, flying off,non stop breaking,wrecking.....carnage

Last edited:
Oh wow, that is your actual antenna, what you have left is just extension wire.
Never ever ever turn off your remote for any reason while your receiver is on. If that isn't rule #1 I don't know what is.

I do not have an explanation, but I'm almost 95% certain that the cut antennas were a major contributor to your loss. There seems to be something going wrong in this radio setup during bad reception at startup.

My fail safe is set to 4%reverse throttle.thats only works when I loss signal.when it took off I shut the remote off ,but to late to slow car.

Kbash syle.drive it like ya stole.$hit missing, flying off,non stop breaking,wrecking.....carnage
For sure the missing antennas were to blame here. You gotta make sure they are in perfect condition to be able to do a speed run. You can simply buy new antennas and replace them. They are cheap. You could also measure 30mm and take the shielded jacket off the tips of the old ones. But I would highly recommend new antennas to be sure.

Also, air receivers don’t add range. The air receivers usually have dual antennas for signal diversity, not range. This is because airplanes fly in 3D spaces and cars live in a 2D world, when things go right, that is. The cars antenna orientation should stay upright, just like your transmitter. An airplane rolls and loops, so it’s orientation changes relative to the transmitter. That’s where antenna diversity helps.

If your car is rolling or looping (mine has many times) it’s too late.

New arrma vendetta 1/10 drivetrain.
50t spur
Upto 32t pinion
Metal diff gears
Sway bars
Arrma 3s speedrunner
https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/vendetta/blx/4x4
Lame!!! A 3900kv spektrum motor and 100A esc is definitely no 70mph rig. The 3200kv is bad enough for heat and blown bearings this is just asking for problems. And did you see the MEGA style plastic slipper and still plastic diffs, inputs and driveshafts🤦 super disappointing!! Just like the new MEGA Infraction 🙄 cause everyone wants a brushed mini Infraction....

Lame!!! A 3900kv spektrum motor and 100A esc is definitely no 70mph rig. The 3200kv is bad enough for heat and blown bearings this is just asking for problems. And did you see the MEGA style plastic slipper and still plastic diffs, inputs and driveshafts🤦 super disappointing!! Just like the new MEGA Infraction 🙄 cause everyone wants a brushed mini Infraction....
I agree that higher KV is likely not be best answer. It will also cause the amperage limiting to hit sooner...

Hopefully this may push the aftermarket to step up with some good parts. I know Arrma already makes a metal diff set for it.
Having a 6-7 lb car would be interesting if the aftermarket can help support bigger power.

I agree that higher KV is likely not be best answer. It will also cause the amperage limiting to hit sooner...

Hopefully this may push the aftermarket to step up with some good parts. I know Arrma already makes a metal diff set for it.
Having a 6-7 lb car would be interesting if the aftermarket can help support bigger power.
That's the issue though is it's getting worse and worse IMO what they are producing. Motor is going to fail and 100A may start flaming up like the 150A now especially trying to push a 3900kv motor. Plastic mega spur will shred quick, plastic chassis will explode from high speed impacts. Stripped plastic inputs and diffs will be a guarantee. No suspension tuneability for speed running a complete waste to me and pushing me away from supporting Arrma unfortunately. Think after I pick up a MEXB I'm done supporting Arrma as it's been nothing but disappointment since the V5 rigs came out.

And that's another huge issue to me is the fact you literally will need to spend what the rig cost more to make it worth a $hit at all. Why bother at that point

Back