Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was flipping the mount easy? It looks super straight now which I'm sure will improve the efficiency of the shafts.
Its a direct swap in swb and kraton chassis. Would only need to drill the 5th hole for motor mount.ive temporarily ran 4 bolts in mount.in mojave chassis must drill all new holes.waiting on esc fitment before drilling holes..heres a flipped swb I'm working on.

16353037934108239317934571423615.jpg

16353038942786488051965321726199.jpg

16353039687979185463742048607421.jpg

My be a silly question cause if there was such a thing I'm sure some of you would have it but is there any company/person make shafts with built in bearing holder center braces for the shafts to keep them more stable at speed? If not I'm calling invent help! :ROFLMAO:

What I do for that is find a bearing that slides on it in place with a tight fit then I’ll do a weaker superglue carefully on the inner part of the bearing that allows it to still spin to keep it on the driveshaft and that seems to stop the shaft for me

What I do for that is find a bearing that slides on it in place with a tight fit then I’ll do a weaker superglue carefully on the inner part of the bearing that allows it to still spin to keep it on the driveshaft and that seems to stop the shaft for me
I cant picture what you mean.

Here it’s not the best but it should give an idea of what I doView attachment 176319
Yup thats exactly what I was thinking. Ok now I don't feel like it was a dumb question.
Imagine a vehicle specific drive shaft with a built in aluminum mout with a bearing....that would help a lot with unwanted vibes fron the shaft. Or even custom made to order...guys with longer cars might want a shaft with 2 bearings....?
I think even bashers would like it just for the cool factor! haha

Man did I have to slap myself in the back of the head today. Found possibly the best stretch of road ever while visiting clients. Of course, the Typhon goes where I go. It might as well have been a runway with zero traffic. Plug in the battery and roll the car to check the GPS. I notice right away that there's no resistance and I'm thinking "oh sh!t, somethings fried". Turns out that the pinion had come loose and was just sliding on the shaft. No tools. It's about an hour and 45 minutes away, and I'm not sure when I'll be back or if the weather will be as nice as it was today. Turned out to be a photo shoot and nothing else🤬
20211027_135708-01.jpeg
20211027_135641-01.jpeg

Man did I have to slap myself in the back of the head today. Found possibly the best stretch of road ever while visiting clients. Of course, the Typhon goes where I go. It might as well have been a runway with zero traffic. Plug in the battery and roll the car to check the GPS. I notice right away that there's no resistance and I'm thinking "oh sh!t, somethings fried". Turns out that the pinion had come loose and was just sliding on the shaft. No tools. It's about an hour and 45 minutes away, and I'm not sure when I'll be back or if the weather will be as nice as it was today. Turned out to be a photo shoot and nothing else🤬
View attachment 176459View attachment 176460
Shoot I would have found a hardware store nearby and bought some tools

Shoot I would have found a hardware store nearby and bought some tools
I won't make the same mistake twice. Rc tool kit rides with me almost every time but for some reason, I left it at home yesterday. Too confident when I woke up I guess😁

why would you use foam instead of rubber?
Because I read it somewhere that they're better, and that's pretty much the motto for my build. If someone else does it, I should do it too.

Because I read it somewhere that they're better, and that's pretty much the motto for my build. If someone else does it, I should do it too.
A few foams brands(not sweep) but bsr and gona banana's are capable of extreme high speeds without exploding. rubber becomes russian roulette above 125mph

Back