Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here's my log for the 123 mph pass. Had to slam on the brakes as I approached the top of the hill. So much to consume here. Horsepower, voltage, rpms and current just got all loopy at full throttle. Ripple Killer seems to be doing it's job. So is it just my battery that's holding me back or is the esc (MMX8S) choking at the top as well. Also, I hope I have the settings right for the rpms. 39300 seems about right though for a 2250kv motor on 6s geared 33/34 in the center and 13/43 front and rear. What's my next move to get over 130? Smaller spur, bigger pinion. Only have a 34t for the spur so what happens if I drop down the pinion? Help me please! So many are getting up over 130 with similar power. I know a little longer run would have maybe brought 1 or 2 mph, but I need to add 5 before I give up on this system.
View attachment 218223
Gear up,should be able to get more with it holding 17.3v...g+ are the way to go.

@Notorious J
I tested some of the speed run batteries directly compared with the 70c packs
The 70c came out on top everytime.
I did 8s testing but the 9500mah 120c packs have a different chemical makeup.

I ran 9500 4sx2 on 8s with my limitless last year,
Got a handful of low 140 runs.
First run with two 6000’ packs I did 150 in the same car, ended up heating them and got to 155

🔥yup great great option
I've got chnl 9500. There great.
There "new" pack. Is 120c. 8000mah. I've gained 4mph over all.

General photo! But Same pack
Screenshot_20220518-081339_Chrome.jpg

I have seen their new release but haven’t wanted to test them.
The 9500 packs I haven’t used since and are just sitting in storage mode.
Trusty 70c don’t let me down 😁

SLOW RC MIKE as been inthe speedrun game for along time.is sponsored by cnhl an gets all there packs.he has done 90c vs 70c....the only packs they offer with 8awg leads...he only runs 70c...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️makes me think 70c is there #1 pack..I now he makes his own packs using the best cells,but ALWAYS 70c
This is 1 year old when they came out with 90c...after this Mike always ran 70c

Last edited:
SLOW RC MIKE as been inthe speedrun game for along time.is sponsored by cnhl an gets all there packs.he has done 90c vs 70c....the only packs they offer with 8awg leads...he only runs 70c...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️makes me think 70c is there #1 pack..I now he makes his own packs using the best cells,but ALWAYS 70c
This is 1 year old when they came out with 90c...after this Mike always ran 70c
The 70C are 10AWG, but he said it didn't matter. The chemicals and materials of the G+ just outperform the Racing series. These were his words to me last night.

General photo! But Same pack
View attachment 218289
If I could squish two of those under a Typhon lid, I would. The 70C 6000 6s is already 10mm wider than my huge 6800 120c Genss Ace. Had to do some serious cutting to make sure the CNHL will fit under the lid. I added some hard foam against the center dif mount to make sure the lipo cant touch the spur. Body should fit perfect without bulging 🤞
20220518_001902-01.jpeg

The 70C are 10AWG, but he said it didn't matter. The chemicals and materials of the G+ just outperform the Racing series. These were his words to me last night.
Some have 8awg. The 5000mah are 8awg.hard to fit 8awg under bodys,not flexible at all

20210902_184858.jpg

If your running a esc with 8awg,xlx,xlx2 I prefer 8awg leads on pack so there's no bottlenecking possibility going on ..I've desoldered connections on packs from bottlenecking
Run ya a 56mm tp motor an you'll find all your weak connections fasst..😅🤣😂😆10awg motor leads get smoking hot ..gotta run 8awg with the 56mms.

Attachments

• 20220518_085901.jpg
    20220518_085901.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Some have 8awg. The 5000mah are 8awg.hard to fit 8awg under bodys,not flexible at all

View attachment 218294
If your running a esc with 8awg,xlx,xlx2 I prefer 8awg leads on pack so there's no bottlenecking possibility going on ..I've desoldered connections on packs from bottlenecking
Run ya a 56mm tp motor an you'll find all your weak connections fasst..😅🤣😂😆10awg motor leads get smoking hot ..gotta run 8awg with the 56mms.
I’ve swapped to 8g on most of my packs,
It is a process and I don’t recommend replacing the pack wires unless your really confident to solder. I also have some of my packs that are 10g still but I shortened the wires.

The 10g wire can take more current then they are rated for in the short time we are pushing them for speed runs.

The guys at cnhl had previously told me they would offer more variety in the batteries. I was asking them to sell the 70c line with 8g and no connectors.
They could be offered a few bucks cheaper too

Last edited:
Wasn’t the best three runs I had but I still left with a new pb for the carbon vendetta today.
Need to dial in steering a little more. The hot racing center driveshaft needs better bracing where the bearing sits to keep it in place
883C1180-EE74-4731-A19A-68E1E7DDB90A.png

View attachment 218294
Just buys some finer strand 8AWG silicone wire on AMZ and replace that thicker, less flexible pack wire. Some car audio wire is super flexible and would solve your issue

That 80-100% is a MOFU going from 6s to 8s...you should be able to hold 27v easily.you where very aggressive towards 70-100%...I know brother,it's hard......you get that RIGHT an you'll be up there with the top tier runners👍👍👍👍👍

Screenshot_20220519-113232_Chrome.jpg

That 80-100% is a MOFU going from 6s to 8s...you should be able to hold 27v easily.you where very aggressive towards 70-100%...I know brother,it's hard......you get that RIGHT an you'll be up there with the top tier runners👍👍👍👍👍

Screenshot_20220519-113232_Chrome.jpg
BTW great job,an not many are running these #'s without some form of perfect pass

Last edited:

View attachment 218581

BTW great job,an not many are running these #'s without some form of perfect pass
IMHO trying to hit wot like you an I try to do as car passes us above 140mph isn't feasible. All the guys running 160+ hit wot way after they pass themselves 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️just my 2cents an my pb is 140mph..lol

IMHO trying to hit wot like you an I try to do as car passes us above 140mph isn't feasible. All the guys running 160+ hit wot way after they pass themselves 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️just my 2cents an my pb is 140mph..lol

I’ll be totally honest when I did this run I was curious what it would do if I was too aggressive on the throttle. It didn’t flip😂
Having purple foams on this one and this body I think it felt planted and didn’t want to lift.
One hell of a way to test if it wants to go airborne.
Will get more consistent with the trigger pull soon tho. It’s hard driving different cars that all accelerate differently. I’m going to focus on this car the next week. Consistency will help me with that

I’ll be totally honest when I did this run I was curious what it would do if I was too aggressive on the throttle. It didn’t flip😂
Having purple foams on this one and this body I think it felt planted and didn’t want to lift.
One hell of a way to test if it wants to go airborne.
Will get more consistent with the trigger pull soon tho. It’s hard driving different cars that all accelerate differently. I’m going to focus on this car the next week. Consistency will help me with that
You got a HOT ROD there bud,,bet ya could get 160+++mph with 350a- pull at 28v min.

Last edited:
You got a HOT ROD there bud,,bet ya could get 160+++mph with 350a- pull at 28v min.
I think so. Gearing is staying put. More potential for sure. Trying for 160+ then I’m going to attack my limitless and put the new motor in/freshen the bearings and let that thing rip. Should be a good year

You TP motor guys. I ordered an "In Stock" motor and a "Build your own" motor directly from their website. I know the custom will take awhile. How long does the shipping take for the "In stock" motors?
Usually a week or so. My last order on may 5th I got the motor may 7.
So who knows 😁
The other motor I ordered around the same time took a week or so longer because they only had a sealed version and I ordered a vented, once I saw and responded to their email it came that week

Back