Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow,well done whats the world record 2s pass???
Thanks!
I had the record for a few hours there until Grim Reaper fireworks uploaded his video doing 96 on 2s with the Limitless.
I was fully expecting this to happen, since he had previously gone over 100mph with the XO-1. All he had to do was move that setup over into the Limitless...

I don't know if I can beat that number, but it will be fun to try. 15mph is a lot more when dealing with so little voltage and total wattage to move this heavy car. I still need to keep adjusting the gearing and also play with aerodynamic drag. With that said, I started at 70 mph on my first pass, and now I'm at 81..... so there has been a 16% increase already.

Last edited:
Thanks!
I had the record for a few hours there until Grim Reaper fireworks uploaded his video doing 96 on 2s with the Limitless.
I was fully expecting this to happen, since he had previously gone over 100mph with the XO-1. All he had to do was move that setup over into the Limitless...

I don't know if I can beat that number, but it will be fun to try. 15mph is a lot more when dealing with so little voltage and total wattage to move this heavy car. I still need to keep adjusting the gearing and also play with aerodynamic drag. With that said, I started at 70 mph on my first pass, and now I'm at 81..... so there has been a 16% increase already.
Very cool,very impressive from 7.4v.i seen a real high kv tp motor that was max rating of 7.4thi k it was 4040 (4068).like 8000kv .wonder how that would do??

Very cool,very impressive from 7.4v.i seen a real high kv tp motor that was max rating of 7.4thi k it was 4040 (4068).like 8000kv .wonder how that would do??
Might be too much KV drawing too many amps. Some of those high KV motors can pull 600+ amps when loaded with speed run gearing.
A high KV motor is something I would like to try at some point.

Might be too much KV drawing too many amps. Some of those high KV motors can pull 600+ amps when loaded with speed run gearing.
A high KV motor is something I would like to try at some point.
I don't understand.so you would use say xlx cc esc an run that motor on 7.4 volts(2s).could a 2s pack handle it??????I would think pack would be smoking hot.??thats a whole another Realm ?‍♂️?‍♂️..high kv-low volts-high amps.
I got a question for you, I now you are the one to ask.me being stupid.i wanna see how fast I can get my Mojave to go.65++++.I'm trying to decide on tires.most speed tires are small belted,im wanting about 5-5.5 tires.thinking bout starting with 2.8 belted banditos.pending how far I go with this ill probly need 1/ 5grps.my question to you is tire weight an rotating mass.heavier tire a bad idea???should I stay with smaller dia.tires ????

Screenshot_20201214-153405_Chrome.jpg

I don't understand.so you would use say xlx cc esc an run that motor on 7.4 volts(2s).could a 2s pack handle it??????I would think pack would be smoking hot.??thats a whole another Realm ?‍♂️?‍♂️..high kv-low volts-high amps.
I got a question for you, I now you are the one to ask.me being stupid.i wanna see how fast I can get my Mojave to go.65++++.I'm trying to decide on tires.most speed tires are small belted,im wanting about 5-5.5 tires.thinking bout starting with 2.8 belted banditos.pending how far I go with this ill probly need 1/ 5grps.my question to you is tire weight an rotating mass.heavier tire a bad idea???should I stay with smaller dia.tires ????

The ESCs like the MMX8s and XLX2 (and original XLX) can handle 400+ amps. We have seen some logs of 500+ amps with the XLX2, but that sort of use will destroy anything but the best batteries. (Turnigy Panthers/Graphene, CNHL 70c line, and SMC V2 packs)
Something like 10% of the power turns into heat. This heat leads to many breakdowns of the electronics.

Rotating mass of big tires like the 1/5 GRPs have issues above 100mph. I don't have first hand experience with the Banditos but, I think for drag use you will be fine with the speeds you are considering. Many guys use foams for drag. They provide this nice balance of wheels spin/loss of traction to avoid wheelies while still accelerating great. I do not drag so I cannot say much on the subject, but GRP 1/8 tires provide great grip and are very durable.

Nothing special but a new PB for me with speed runs. New v5 Typhon first speed runs so far with it and hit right what I was expecting. Running a18t pinion, motor timing still set to stock setting, dual 3s 50c packs with top speed of 64mph👍. Here are the passes I got, appreciate if you subscribe to my channel!

Hi all,
I haven't ran my Typhon for a minute. I have a number of projects on the run but will be getting back to it soon.

But thought I would post up my PB. 135mph on 6s.

more to come.

Nice run, good to see you here on the forum!
That is a nice flat and wide road. I am searching for such a road around me but does not seem to exist...
That is a good speed for 6s.

Nice run, good to see you here on the forum!
That is a nice flat and wide road. I am searching for such a road around me but does not seem to exist...
That is a good speed for 6s.
Thanks mate.
We found a better road but the last time I took the Typhon there I struggled with some tire issues.

Thanks mate.
We found a better road but the last time I took the Typhon there I struggled with some tire issues.

The love hate relationship with GRP tires. Lots of grip and tons of blow out risk.
Speeds of 130+ need foams, but then you need downforce to get grip.... and lose speed. It is a vicious cycle.

That road does look great!

Didn’t get the car back together in time to make a pass this evening but I’m trying to beat my PB next time out of 116mph on 30/39 gearing 6s

This was on Sunday morning a week ago
View attachment 86876
View attachment 86878

Took the Hoons off and swapped over to a set of precision balanced GRPs. New gearing is 28/34 along with a more areo friendly wing that I just finished up today.
Hopefully on the next pass she’ll see low 120’s (tomorrow, weather permitting)
View attachment 86881
@Mr.Duke you got some BA**S!!!113 MPH right towards you while standing in road without flinching whatsoever.MAD DRIVING SKILLS!!!🤟🤘🤙👍

Hit 81 mph on 2s recently with the Limitless.
Pretty happy with the results and logs are saying there may be more left in it....

View attachment 113989

Wtf! I think it's time I bow out of this game. Gonna go break some arms on my bashers now. No one can beat my record in this category.

Wtf! I think it's time I bow out of this game. Gonna go break some arms on my bashers now. No one can beat my record in this category.
LOL I ended up gong 86mph on another pass. I think it may have enough torque to crack 90 on 2s, but I have switched my focus to another car.
Should you want to dive in deeper to speed running i'd be happy to help!

So I was doing some tire testing today. Checking how long a layer of bitumen would last to give me some extra cold weather grip, at half throttle.
Running my old SkyRC Toro Beast for the time being, but it didn't seem to like my setup. At my 10th run on like 80mph it caught fire:

A smelly aftermath
1610733288236.png

the fans became some sort of bladeless design,

1610733453800.png

and created some extra drag and downforce on the body

1610733337285.png

Our world's carbon footprint didn't have a nice day..

1610733917942.png

New PB for me today with the v5 Typhon 😁 not at all the best run so definitely ecstatic was able to hit a new PB of 75!! Still geared conservatively to get the feel of everything and need to pull front bumper and mudguards as well. Can't wait to get back out after making some more changes and a new RX as my antenna wire is broke so had bad range issues today.

Tried my Typhon 6s as a buggy over the weekend and only managed 106 MPH on 6s. Sort of disappointed in the result. I believe it was over geared, so I'll reduce the gearing and try again.

When setup as a full bodied car 119mph is my current best speed on 8s. It was accelerating like crazy and I got on the brakes early. Anxious to get it back out and try again on this gearing.

Dude, camera man needs some work.

Got some more runs in today. Pulled the RPM front bumper off, put the 25t pinion in and new DumboRC RX/TX. Had no range issues but had to adjust everything on the tx and get used to it. Got some ok runs in as there's a lot more traffic where I ran today, new PB but not a big jump at all. Had a close call on the last run, pinion came loose and I about went off the road. Anyways here's the runs was still fun and can't wait to get back out and keep climbing in numbers👍

Back