Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd save the max6 for off road,an go xlx2...50$ more than x8s an way better esc....getting it to fit can be a challenge, but I made 1 fit in a 287mm mini typhon...after you buy xlx2 you'll always get a new 1 from cc for 154$ core exchange...my 1st speedcar,max6-tp4050-2100kv in a swb with notorious body,think I did 108 on 8s...did lots of crashing.

View attachment 229886
This a new build?

Biggest OOF on the forum I have ever seen.

He is going to start making his own list, he has too many cars for me to keep up with.
I've got 5 cars..just keep my 140 pb an 119 3s pb up there ...disregard all the rest of my snanagins.not concerned about anything but those 2...
WHY DOES NOONE ELSE RUN SWB CARS...WAY MORE BODYS TO CHOOSE FROM,ALOT CHEAPER TO BUILD AN FASTER??????????
got a fc100 325mm body today so will be switching up cars AGAIN.😂🤣😅😆

20220729_163030.jpg

I've got 5 cars..just keep my 140 pb an 119 3s pb up there ...disregard all the rest of my snanagins.not concerned about anything but those 2...
WHY DOES NOONE ELSE RUN SWB CARS...WAY MORE BODYS TO CHOOSE FROM,ALOT CHEAPER TO BUILD AN FASTER??????????
got a fc100 325mm body today so will be switching up cars AGAIN.😂🤣😅😆

View attachment 232806
I’ll have Omar’s granite back out when I get back from vacation. Gonna hopefully crack 140 with it soon

I’ll have Omar’s granite back out when I get back from vacation. Gonna hopefully crack 140 with it soon
287mm 1/10 swb cars are insane.crashed every one I've built within a month. Don't expect many to run them,,,I'm talking 1/8 swb meta chassis cars,325mm cars..can fit xlx2,tp5670,8s easly fits..can run stock center shafts,weights less....

287mm 1/10 swb cars are insane.crashed every one I've built within a month. Don't expect many to run them,,,I'm talking 1/8 swb meta chassis cars,325mm cars..can fit xlx2,tp5670,8s easly fits..can run stock center shafts,weights less....
I’ll definitely build a short wheel base typhon metal gt chassis this coming winter

I’ll definitely build a short wheel base typhon metal gt chassis this coming winter
They can,an will get away from ya faster,but once setup correctly they are very controllable.ive had zero stock center shaft issues upto 130mph so far.that alone saves you 100$ minimum. My 1st year running lwb an xlwb cars on 8s I spent over 500$ on center shafts an destroyed 1 tp,multiple braces,1 pack,etc from shafts coming apart.id say center shafts cost me over 1000$ that year..

Glad things are turning out for the best and you are using this scenario to learn from.

You will often catch me advising new speed runners to not run in residential areas, and to consider piloting their RC from up on a ladder or on top of their 1:1 for safety. I'd love to see more people encouraging safe practices.

I'd love to see Raz be a better advocate of safety by example with his massive subscriber base. Standing in the runway is a terrible example for all the viewers and I can attest you cannot move fast enough to get out of the way.
Standing on a ladder did not help me... lol. I squat on top of a minivan now.

Exciting day with the cars today.
Had an axle pin shear on the carbon vendetta so I couldn’t make any passes with it.

Ran the dual motor limitless first pass with it on 4s and managed 144mph
Got my nerves together for a 7s pass and got a new all time pb of 176 mph
So excited to run that one more

My best with the hobao on 3s was the 122mph pass
All in all a great day.

6b4657c0-1da2-4245-8459-6f87fffe481d-jpeg.231702
View attachment 231705View attachment 231707

View attachment 231702
You got some guts and are insane to do 144 on it 1st run and 176 on its 2nd run you got some next level building skills.

You got some guts and are insane to do 144 on it 1st run and 176 on its 2nd run you got some next level building skills.
Thanks buddy. I was all in, that 176 pass I ended up letting out at 97% throttle. I also wasn’t sure how the car would brake. It was smart to let out when I did, I had no space left on our road

Back