Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I haven't been speedrunning much lately with work and life issues, but with the great weather last weekend I went out and ran on a smoother road than where I've been running on, that a buddy told me about. I took the Limitless GT out and did 132mph with an XLX, Castle 1717, on SMC V2 4s batteries. I did 129mph with this setup and CNHL batteries before, the SMC's were noticeably faster. At the end of the run It was still accelerating as I let off, and I know this motor/ESC combo should hit up to 150mph with the SMC's. It ran straight and true with no issues or blowovers, so I'm happy to see my chassis and suspension setup is working. I'm exited about raising my PB on this road, for sure I'll run here again. The only issue is there is light traffic on the road, not an ideal situation but its the best I have to run on for now. I actually got good video of the run with my Gopro, not sure if I need to host it somewhere to post the video here?

DSCF0001.JPG

unnamed.jpg

So I haven't been speedrunning much lately with work and life issues, but with the great weather last weekend I went out and ran on a smoother road than where I've been running on, that a buddy told me about. I took the Limitless GT out and did 132mph with an XLX, Castle 1717, on SMC V2 4s batteries. I did 129mph with this setup and CNHL batteries before, the SMC's were noticeably faster. At the end of the run It was still accelerating as I let off, and I know this motor/ESC combo should hit up to 150mph with the SMC's. It ran straight and true with no issues or blowovers, so I'm happy to see my chassis and suspension setup is working. I'm exited about raising my PB on this road, for sure I'll run here again. The only issue is there is light traffic on the road, not an ideal situation but its the best I have to run on for now. I actually got good video of the run with my Gopro, not sure if I need to host it somewhere to post the video here?

View attachment 121593

View attachment 121594

Nice bro! I’m also a firm believer in SMC’s 👍
Post the vid on YouTube, Instagram, ect... and you can link it here.

Got the video up of the speedrun, for those that want to check it out.. Lol its the first video I've ever made, I need to refine my filming technique. I'm sure I'm going to catch some flak for running at these speeds in a populated area, I know its not ideal.. I am always searching for suitable roads to run on and so far this is the best I could find

I'm sure I'm going to catch some flak for running at these speeds in a populated area, I know its not ideal.. I am always searching for suitable roads to run on and so far this is the best I could find
How Dare You Greta GIF

JK bro! Do what ya gotta do
132mph is a very respectable number! 👊😎

Got the video up of the speedrun, for those that want to check it out.. Lol its the first video I've ever made, I need to refine my filming technique. I'm sure I'm going to catch some flak for running at these speeds in a populated area, I know its not ideal.. I am always searching for suitable roads to run on and so far this is the best I could find

Finding a good road is so hard. I am without a road at the moment...

As for the video I think you may want to take the GoPro into your hand at the beginning and end to capture the GNSS at 0 and showing the balance plug wires better. To be honest, I think at this point you don't have to prove anything when you say its 8s. It is only when you are running lower cell counts/voltage you "need" to prove the batteries in the car. For example if you ran 130 on 3s I would need some proof of that!

Keep up the good work and stay safe!

92 in notorious today.new pb for me.my solder job didn't hold.resodered,packs chargeing,going for 100mph today.it'll do it if it'll stay lit.did 86mph on 6s.go after 100mph in about an hr...almost 50 degrees here in st louis today.S2s are hooking good and truck is going strait.im amped up an ready to go .will get a video of pass...

Screenshot_20210203-130051_GNSS PA.jpg

I did it 101mph new pb.ended up in muddy ditch.so not a clean pass,but I. Gonna keep going with it.truck went strait,stayed planted.time for more gear,cap,an bigger esc by spring. WHAT, A RUSH.WHATS THE FAMOUS SAYING?ABOUT AS MUCH FUN AS YOU CAN HAVE WITH YOUR CLOTHS ON

Screenshot_20210203-145546_GNSS PA.jpg

16123878010771142458936764662972.jpg

16123878441868520783072200346149.jpg

I got my v4 notorious last august.heres some of the relavations in order to where it is today..im now tearing it down.wont be warm enough anytime soon.gotta list of go faster goodies.after 1st outing with it couples weeks ago I couldn't control at all.like on ice.watched raz's 1 1/2hr utube video an picked up alot.THANK YOU RAZ!!!!!!!!YOU DA MAN...IM GONNA PUSH THIS TRUCK TILL IT WONT STAY ON THE GROUND ANYMORE.....ANY PREDICTIONS??????IF I COULD GET 125MPH ID BE AMAZED.this truck is basically a typhon with more room for parallel packs.its wider than typhon thou,to clear stock body its running mojove suspension,kraton s-block& hubs.this max6-tp4050 setup runs so good together.27/46 5 back to back 8s runs.motor 120s an esc less.im all kinda new to this,can't wait for castle power.

Screenshot_20210203-185236_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185253_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185357_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185415_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185431_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185515_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185549_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185700_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185805_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-185914_Photos.jpg

16124016491475009373190052039729.jpg

Holy $hit!!!! Went out and did some feeling out runs with the new set-up. Started with just 3s to make sure she went straight, feel with the new body etc. Did 50mph about what I expected on 3s. Everything felt good so slapped in the CNHL 6s pack and set my throttle to just below 75%, again just feeling out runs, and hit a new PB of 84mph!!!! 😁🤘👊
Screenshot_20210207-131633.png

IMG_20210206_093232449_HDR.jpg

Alright here's the test runs video from yesterday.
Went well besides my poor body scraping in the front, so had to pretty much trim it all the way up to the hood😥. Also had a lot of squat so my chassis scraped in the rear so put some 2000cst in rear shocks so now its stiff and shouldn't scrape. All a big learning process that's why I didn't go balls out and started out with lower speeds👍
Body before
IMG_20210205_204918783.jpg

After
IMG_20210208_132010238.jpg

Body's sitting a bit sideways so tires sticking out way far in pic 👍

Went well besides my poor body scraping in the front, so had to pretty much trim it all the way up to the hood😥. Also had a lot of squat so my chassis scraped in the rear so put some 2000cst in rear shocks so now its stiff and shouldn't scrape. All a big learning process that's why I didn't go balls out and started out with lower speeds👍
Body beforeView attachment 125451
AfterView attachment 125452
The speedrun RUSH is so addicting.the faster ya go worse the shakes get.lol 👍excited to see you progress. Setup has ALOT more in it

The speedrun RUSH is so addicting.the faster ya go worse the shakes get.lol 👍excited to see you progress. Setup has ALOT more in it
Thanks bro! She definitely has a lot more in her that's for sure! Still running the smallest pinion I can get in the stock mount too😱

Body beforeView attachment 125451
AfterView attachment 125452
Congrats on 84mph! Can I offer some suggestions? I want to warn you that with your body trimmed that high in the front, you have essentially created a path for air to pick your car’s nose up and lift/flip it to high heaven. Unless the body is really close to the ground, air will get under it and create a parachute effect that can make your car uncontrollable. Much of the downforce created by the shell is at the nose (which you’ve already experienced by your chassis scraping), so you’ll probably have less grip now as well. Would you mind sharing a side-view picture of your body mounted and at full front shock compression? I would hate to see you crash needlessly in your pursuit of the big hundo :cool:

Also, if you do feel that you have sufficient grip, trimming your rear wing flatter may gain you a little speed. Just food for thought! I’m not the fastest guy on here, but I have gone 131 with my GT setup and I do have some understanding of aerodynamics and I want to help a brother out if I can!

Ya I was worrying about that as well, it also doesn't help it's thinner so it flexes a bunch. Have been wondering if putting a front splitter on would help with the body being trimmed higher in front now? Here's side view, front of body is about 3/4" if that off the ground. Thanks for the help I appreciate it!
IMG_20210208_182445942.jpg

Ya I was worrying about that as well, it also doesn't help it's thinner so it flexes a bunch. Have been wondering if putting a front splitter on would help with the body being trimmed higher in front now? Here's side view, front of body is about 3/4" if that off the ground. Thanks for the help I appreciate it!View attachment 125490
A splitter would definitely help, but something needs to fill that gap. Unfortunately you’ve trimmed all of the side support out of the nose, so that whole area by the headlight sticker might just push into the front tires. I put a foam bumper from a Mugen MGT7 onto my Typhon, and I would recommend the same to you. I’ve got a video of the install here (shameless plug I know):

Thanks again! Ok I've been working on making a foam bumper that comes almost right to the front of the body so that's good to know it will help, I wasn't sure if it would add lift or not but it's nice and flat almost like a splitter. Really appreciate the help bro! Also the front of the body won't flex back to the wheels I made sure when I was trimming it, and the body stops as it hits the front tower up higher👍

Last edited:
Back