Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad things are turning out for the best and you are using this scenario to learn from.

You will often catch me advising new speed runners to not run in residential areas, and to consider piloting their RC from up on a ladder or on top of their 1:1 for safety. I'd love to see more people encouraging safe practices.

I'd love to see Raz be a better advocate of safety by example with his massive subscriber base. Standing in the runway is a terrible example for all the viewers and I can attest you cannot move fast enough to get out of the way.
+1
the speedrun community is exploding, and with it, everyone has to tell Everyone about what to do, and what not to do, when I’m running high speeds, I stand on top of a 5ft ladder that’s out of the road, James does the same, tony And Kevin stand on trucks, and raz chill is the middle of the runway, agreed he should be a better example.

plus, the car looks slower from up high…
Appeartly SMC just came out with new 250c srd packs?????I've never seen them before

View attachment 233580

View attachment 233581
Well, there about to get FRIKKIN REKT by onyx so they have to…

This is a bit old from May 14th 2022. Didn't realize this thread was here.
1659650264138.png

• Limitless V1, stock chassis, body, open wheel.
  • Running 8S, 2X CNHL 9500
  • 32/34 Pinion/Spur
  • 13/43 front and rear diff
  • Castle XLX2 with 1717 Motor (no secret)

Run from earlier this week ...getting this body for mini tomorrow, I feel typhon body really holding car back aerodynamically. Got lots of room to gear up,an car should scream on 4s once it cools down some.gotta get it going strait first..car needs Tuning for sure

Screenshot_20220804-201821_eBay.jpg

Good day of hits with no issues for once.both cars running super strait.129 on 5s with orange car.98 with pinky on 3s...decided its good enough to toss 4050-3800kv in car atn shoot for 120mph on 3s..120-3s is a goal I set for myself about a month ago...got a 119 with vendetta body,should do better with fc100,couldn't get detta low enough to the ground cause tire,fender contact..I reallythink this 4050 will will do well.

20220806_075738.jpg

20220806_075748.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-084040_GNSS PA.jpg

I've got 5 cars..just keep my 140 pb an 119 3s pb up there ...disregard all the rest of my snanagins.not concerned about anything but those 2...
WHY DOES NOONE ELSE RUN SWB CARS...WAY MORE BODYS TO CHOOSE FROM,ALOT CHEAPER TO BUILD AN FASTER??????????
got a fc100 325mm body today so will be switching up cars AGAIN.😂🤣😅😆

View attachment 232806
Real men do it with SWB! However I'm not too sure about there being more suitable bodies to choose from. Seems alot of SWB bodies are Ford style and that just won't do. Know what they say about Fords? Speed kills, drive a Ford and live forever lol. Hell, that's how Shelby made them fast. He de-Ford-ified them.

Good day of hits with no issues for once.both cars running super strait.129 on 5s with orange car.98 with pinky on 3s...decided its good enough to toss 4050-3800kv in car atn shoot for 120mph on 3s..120-3s is a goal I set for myself about a month ago...got a 119 with vendetta body,should do better with fc100,couldn't get detta low enough to the ground cause tire,fender contact..I reallythink this 4050 will will do well.

View attachment 234271

View attachment 234272

View attachment 234273
Seriously? No carnage? That is awesome news! Feels good to go home with everything in one piece occasionally doesn't it. I go through streaks, it sucks when ya hit the destruction streaks.

Seriously? No carnage? That is awesome news! Feels good to go home with everything in one piece occasionally doesn't it. I go through streaks, it sucks when ya hit the destruction streaks.
Tell me about,feel like I'm always got something going on,alot of issues turning around,running off side of road,

So this week, I got my first taste of night running. Guy I met through Facebook found a stretch of new asphalt 15 minutes from my house. 5 lanes wide, but the center is super dusty due to new construction in the area. He's run his custom Limitless on 8s to 154 mph at night there, but he's got ridiculously bright led lights built into his delta plastics body. You can see his car a mile away. I gave it a go with some bicycle led's that I hooked on to the front and back of the Typhon. Not gonna lie, it was totally uncomfortable making passes. I'm slamming on the brakes because I can't tell what direction I'm traveling once it gets about 200 feet past me. Managed a 117 mph best speed in the dark for now. I also put in a new 35kg servo which is helping a ton off the line. Reduced my rear weight to 200k, front is 1M. Hoping to get out in daylight again to see where I'm at after the rebuild. Not sure if I'll go as fast as before as I feel I'm super paranoid about crashing now😥
20220806_001247.jpg
IMG_20220806_113038.jpg

Night runs should be better as it's cooler at night. I would also say visibility is better at night as long as you have white on front and red on rear.
I made my own "headlight casings" out of epoxy sticks. Works very well

Well… my dual motor limitless runs tonight didn’t disappoint.
First run, I let out a little early so I Knew I had more to gain at 183
Didn’t recharge packs but held full throttle longer and got 187mph
I’ll upload full videos and logs and stuff here and on my build thread. I’m spent tonight.

FE35AD87-4603-495E-9DFB-8BEE005D2B6C.png
227AE57D-E24C-4E77-82FE-9AD2A8C21F85.png

B16D8133-9DF8-421B-AA8B-DA2153E88C62.jpeg

0D7E997D-3565-4C65-9479-985004BC30C9.jpeg

Hell yea dude!! Awesome!! Congrats!! She sounded mean!!
Thx. Cars is doing great. I was very shaky with my throttle both runs because I was nervous. I’m slowly getting more confident with it tho
WOW!! That thing sounds freakin' awesome!!
Thanks, yea the sound it nuts. It’s the best part of the video

Last edited:
Back