Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I focus on one main car with sometimes testing stuff on a second car,
Gotta plan the changes and run a lot to confirm results,
Since Monday I’ve been out 4 times,
50 minute trip to and from my road plus prep.

Dedication!!

well some good news and some bad news.
first the good
new PB on 8S today 124 mph

bad news is I got greedy and tried for a 6S PB. Since the street I like to speedrun on was getting a little crowded I went to the next street and didn't make sure that the street was free of garbage. Car was definitely running fast and I hit an old cardboard box at 104mph and the car did a lid skid for about 30 yards and messed up my brand new paint job and ripped off the antenna from my receiver...

IMG_8019.PNG

well some good news and some bad news.
first the good
new PB on 8S today 124 mph

bad news is I got greedy and tried for a 6S PB. Since the street I like to speedrun on was getting a little crowded I went to the next street and didn't make sure that the street was free of garbage. Car was definitely running fast and I hit an old cardboard box at 104mph and the car did a lid skid for about 30 yards and messed up my brand new paint job and ripped off the antenna from my receiver...

View attachment 255912

Yeah, I know the feeling. But better the body than the curb.

This is my go to speedrun body lol you can see how many times I’ve scraped the top
1F853F25-5492-40C0-9F42-AFEA143D1A8A.jpeg

Maybe sensored high kv 56mm motors are the way🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔...that motor on 6s would FN scream I bet
It's definitely a smooth motor as far as power delivery. I might put 4s on it tomorrow if I have time. I really really want to run more but work and daylight won't allow it. @K-BASH they have a crazy 2500kv cm 5670 but that thing is crazy expensive but also rated for 7 or 8s.
Mine is good for 22volts so the occasional 6s hit should be aight. Still road hunting though

Alright, got another quick sprint in tonight. I wanted to test out the CNHL 4S 9500mAh packs and compare them to the G-Ace 11000s. Setup was the same as last outing. Batteries were lightly warmed (not as much as I would have liked). Voltage sagged to 3.2V/cell at their lowest, recovered to 3.55V/cell by the end of the run and current peaked at 593A. WOT was held for 1.8 seconds and RPMs were still climbing. Batteries did alright for their first run. The run was a little over 1000ft. Total distance is a little longer due to some traffic induced loitering.
1668306491689.png
1668306507764.png

@Diem Turner I wonder how some 2s drag packs in series would run. Cnhl has new parallel packs that are on sale right now. They got 8awg but only go up to 6200mah atm.

Is there an advantage of buying an ESC right from CC over buying it from my LHS?
Not that I'm aware of. Should be the same either way.
@Diem Turner I wonder how some 2s drag packs in series would run. Cnhl has new parallel packs that are on sale right now. They got 8awg but only go up to 6200mah atm.
Might be worth a try. @slow rc mike has been using those for 2S passes in his Hong Nor IGT8. His PB is 121mph...on freakin' 2S. So they can't be all that bad. But that would still just be the equivalent of a single 6200mAh 4S.

It's definitely a smooth motor as far as power delivery. I might put 4s on it tomorrow if I have time. I really really want to run more but work and daylight won't allow it. @K-BASH they have a crazy 2500kv cm 5670 but that thing is crazy expensive but also rated for 7 or 8s.
Mine is good for 22volts so the occasional 6s hit should be aight. Still road hunting though
Ya I've been researching 5670s.the cm ones are 250-300$..I'm gonna try a 1400kv or sensored 1515kv for 8s swb car for next season.i want a 5670 that's at its max rpm on 8s instead of my current 1270kv motors 40v max being at 3/4 max rpm.ive pulled 15000w with 1270kv an wasn't even hot.

Ya I've been researching 5670s.the cm ones are 250-300$..I'm gonna try a 1400kv or sensored 1515kv for 8s swb car for next season.i want a 5670 that's at its max rpm on 8s instead of my current 1270kv motors 40v max being at 3/4 max rpm.ive pulled 15000w with 1270kv an wasn't even hot.
Really? Damn...the 5670CM costs 420€ here...BEFORE taxes. So add another 19%.

Edit: Amend that. I just found a bargain at 440€ + shipping.

I was wrong 5670cm motors are 350-400 shipped..lol

Screenshot_20221113-094146_eBay.jpg

My 1270kv is amazing. With low rpms powerband is short an fast...ideal for swb cars that are harder to handle.herws red an sensored prices.ive always heard there de-sycing issues over 1500kv with the big cans..I'vee never experienced this.maybe sensored higher kv would fix this appeart issue.not many have really pushed the big cans...the torque is very apparent vs the 40mm cans..physics have always said bigger is better throughout all motors..very surprised not more top-teir guys aren't running big cans...imo makes car much more controllable than lighter hi rpm 40s..I woulda never got close to 160 with a 40mm in my swb gt without gyro or perfect pass like I did with 1270kv.extra weight an torquay 1270kv made it possible for me imo..imo 56mm motors are ideal for beginners,ya don't have the huge sketchy rpm range to go through .

Last edited:
New PB!!! 123 .crazy difference from last PB of 112. completely new level of scary .
Oh limitless v2 xlx2 8s with TP 4070 1800kv
29/39 still had plenty only had about 2 seconds of full throttle

View attachment 255927
Congrats on pb brother,it's crazy how much faster things happen with a 10ish mph pb..you are officially addicted to speedrunning 😆🤣🤣😂🤣😅😆

Back